Roberts found guilty

We have this shit to deal with while the Moose is getting whacked by 20 years Olds. I used to back the boys 100% when Thaiday was getting touted as a grub but now it seems we have a team full of them.

Not surprised.

You can argue that contrary conduct is a constant in the modern game, and could arguably be levied ten times a match.

However, there's a minimum standard for professional behaviour, and Jimmy failed to live up to it. You can't put the boot into another player. It's not defensible.

That said, it's ridiculous to see Brown's acquittal for stomping, and Ennis / Wighton for blatant shoulder charges. On merit, it's hard to see why the results were so disparate.

No sense crying over spilt milk.

It's the inconsistencies that really fucking piss me off.

One rule for one player/team and a different rule for another player/team.

This organisation is so unprofessional compared to the ones that run the other sporting codes.

Yep, we are all paranoid, nothing to see here.

No Charge
511e5de7b8711c1c7f73613fb13b872e

No charge

72ad1f82577a4aa4ad603b177f685c38

No charge
1465205207752.png

Exonerated
5b023358af53df8322e7b599d6a93b92

No Charge

eb73c6fdcbd84bfa951caf1f8b849459

Re: Roberts chances at the judiciary?

It's not about what he deserved. If they had charged him correctly, fine, but they didn't.

Deserves got nothin' to do with it

Last edited by a moderator:
His a good player though mate, he hasn't done many grub things I don't believe
Mate he's a freak but we have plenty of young talent that will happily take his place. Many grub things?? What about spitting in bar staffs face abusive behaviour in public places. He's been punted by multiple clubs and fined by us. I don't see him having a long career.

Nick Ghabar played this out like it was a real court case assuming common sense would prevail. He went the wrong way with this one and now we suffer the consequences. Tom Opacic is barely fit for the upcoming match.

Last edited:
Re: Roberts chances at the judiciary?

Personally i think Roberts got what he deserved, it was a dumb act...totally unnecessary.
Yes, I agree. He got it coming.

It still doesn't justify the fucking roulette that both the MRC as well as the Judiciary have become. It's a fucking joke.

Probably even worse is how the NRL is bending over backwards to the media pressure!

Yes, I agree. He got it coming.

It still doesn't justify the ****ing roulette that both the MRC as well as the Judiciary have become. It's a ****ing joke.

Probably even worse is how the NRL is bending over backwards to the media pressure!

This is the problem. While I am all for bending with the wind, the problem lies in the fact that all of this media pressure is just hot air spouted by gas bags. I seriously hope that the NRL take a step back at the end of this season and critically and objectively assess where they went wrong and where they went right. I truly believe that if the judiciary was impartial and consistent then fans would still gripe but they would ultimately have to accept the decision. In this case we all knew Roberts was guilty of something and did need a sit down. Our collective issue was with the fact that there was a HUGE amount of wiggle room and discrepancy preceding the case compounded by the media clearly holding sway with the ruling officials.

The NRL needs a clear, concise impartial and firm stance on all issues guided diplomatically by the fans expectations and not by the media. In the current format the squeaky wheels get the grease and in this case the wheels have several methods of getting their voice heard.

Do the NRL ever do a decent fan survey? Do they ask fans their opinion? If they do they I would implore everyone to express themselves clearly and intelligently without too much bias so that we can get the NRL to a standard where we all enjoy the contest regardless of the outcome. This would ensure that the media has less sway over rulings and consistent, fair rulings are given.

Also, I would suggest that an external audit be performed on the NRL system to ensure no corruption or bias is present.

How about a Royal Commission? Seems like the popular the thing to do nowadays

A s talking reviews and performance reviews, standards checking and professionally checking to see if your customers are happy. All brilliant and logical ideas that any Tom, Dick or Harry in business would do without thinking about it. Therefore, it is obvious the NRL is doing none of these things and will not do so in the future.

Well we all knew this result was coming, hopefully next time Roberts remembers that if you want to kick another player, then it has to be in the nuts! :stupid:

I'm not going to get over this unless we beat the Cowboys. I'm still furious. The judiciary is not a lottery - how come 80% of the time we're able to predict the outcome every time?

The jersey the player wears, the media pressure, all have a larger bearing on the outcome than the rules themselves.

He did kick a player, and it wasn't really a dangerous kick either. So I guess contrary conduct kinda makes sense. It just sucks they are so corrupt, letting other players off the hook.

I saw the kick from the stadium it looked like a frustration not being able to play the ball. Bit of a niggling pay back. But it came across as bad temper.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.