VOTE Roberts V Gagai

Would you prefer Gagai or Roberts?

• Total voters
Roberts for mine. Wouldn't turn down Gagai if we wanted in the team either though.

If both were offered I would probably prefer Gagai, but there isn't a hell of a lot between them IMO.

I am undecided on who I'd chose if I could only pick one. I am happy we landed Roberts, but I'd still love Gagai as well. I think the better question is Gagai or Reed?

I am undecided on who I'd chose if I could only pick one. I am happy we landed Roberts, but I'd still love Gagai as well. I think the better question is Gagai or Reed?

Gagai defending on the same side as Milford would be a defensive nightmare..

Yeah, Gagai will provide better attack but that left side will most likely leak more points than what we end up scoring.

Gagai easily just not as fast but has him beaten everywhere else with defence being equally crap

I really like Gagai's footwork. He has a great step and for mine, he reminds me more of the Pearl than Roberts.

Having said that, I think Roberts is a great signing. He and Milford will be absolutely deadly in attack

Last edited:
Roberts for mine, by (insert larger unit of measurement than country mile here).

His speed is something else. From what I've seen he's more devastating than gagai in attack. I've not watched full titans games and explicitly noticed poor defence from him either.

What aspects does 'gagai have Roberts covered in other than speed and equally bad defence'? Roberts throws an above-hoggman standard pass back infield after creating line breaks on the edge in several highlight reels too.

I've seen gagai be a bit of a cat in defence too, whereas I think Roberts has a bit more agro to him.

Roberts for me, blistering speed, passing ability, flair, strength. Gagai beats him for power game but not pace or passing their equal on footwork

Last edited by a moderator:
Roberts for mine, by (insert larger unit of measurement than country mile here).

His speed is something else. From what I've seen he's more devastating than gagai in attack. I've not watched full titans games and explicitly noticed poor defence from him either.

What aspects does 'gagai have Roberts covered in other than speed and equally bad defence'? Roberts throws an above-hoggman standard pass back infield after creating line breaks on the edge in several highlight reels too.

I've seen gagai be a bit of a cat in defence too, whereas I think Roberts has a bit more agro to him.

Roberts has him for speed easily but as a footballer Gagai everyday of the week.
Gagai got some beautiful hands and his step is right up there with the best of them.

Roberts has him for speed easily but as a footballer Gagai everyday of the week.
Gagai got some beautiful hands and his step is right up there with the best of them.

True, but the trouble is he's just as likely to use it in defence as attack. I rewatched our game vs the Knights in Newcastle this year recently and I'd swear Gagai actually half steps out of Oates' way instead of even trying to tackle him properly. I can't find a link on youtube and don't know how to make gifs from video on my phone but surely someone can find a link or extract that portion of the game.

Roberts for me, blistering speed, passing ability, flair, strength. Gagai beats him for power game but not pace or passing their equal on footwork

Yes, he's very very quick but not the quickest. From the vid above, Lee and Holmes look quicker. At his best, Hodges wasn't as quick but could break open games with a lot of inspired creativity. I prefer that to speed and flair. I hope Roberts evolves into more than just a flashy speedster

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, he's very very quick but not the quickest. From the vid above, Lee and Holmes look quicker. At his best, Hodges wasn't as quick but could break open games with a lot of inspired creativity. I prefer that to speed and flair. I hope Roberts evolves into more than just a flashy speedster
Neither of those players hold a candle to Roberts.

He has to stop and turn,yet still makes 10-15m on Edrick at full flight. I'm also fairly sure that's Gordon, not Holmes and Roberts severely takes his foot off the gas. Only Reece Robinson cones close in the video.

I was never blessed to see hodges in his prime, but I'm confident Roberts has a much greater repertoire up his sleeve than speed alone.

He's not a winger on the flank with tunnel vision. That video alone demonstrates his tendency to smash through the defensive line with sheer determination, set up his winger, and often make a break then stop to assess his options (whether a sharp pass or change of pace and direction only to accelerate again).

It may be a novel award to some, but he's the reigning dally m centre of the year for a reason.

From that video he is clearly faster than Lee almost catching him even when Lee had a 10 metre head start and he was not even trying to go fast in that Sharks game, he just went as fast as he had to.

Around the 4:50 mark v dogs his speed to just carve right through the dogs middle then slow down and deliver a perfect 25 odd metre pass right on the chest of his winger to the left is just amazing play. I really thought he should of kept on lee instead of going the ankle tap as he had 20 metres left to catch him and if he backed himself am sure he would. This is a great signing for us as it gives us real strike power along with Milf to hit from anywhere on the park.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Reds2011
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.