OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
we're 30 minutes away from and right on cue, Badel enters with his article about Haas not being in a rush to finalise his future (not surprising given he has about 3 years t run on his contract.

then he hedges his bets and talks about Haas wanting to lead us back to the finals

Payne Haas says:

“I’m not satisfied at all yet,” Haas said in the countdown to Brisbane’s season-opener against Souths on March 11.

“It means a lot to win the Paul Morgan Medal, but I would rather win premierships for the Broncos.

“The individual accolades are nice but I would rather win comps and play finals footy.

“I have missed out the last two years and it sucks sitting there watching other teams play in the big sudden-death games and lifting the NRL trophy.

“I would love to bring that to the Broncos. This is a special club and I know we have the young guys coming through here, like Patty Carrigan, Kotoni, Selwyn and TC Robati, to get to the top.

“I want to help us build that legacy and make the Broncos successful again.”

on to Haas' stats over the last 2 losing seasons ... 6339 metres at 171m per game and amassed 1416 tackles at an average of 38 per match ... the question is asked how good he could be in a winning team

Payne Haas again:

“Since I was a kid, I have this thing inside me where I am always hungry,” he said.

“I never settle for less than the best and I want the Broncos to be the best.

“I believe in this game, if you work hard, the results will come.

“When you look at what I have achieved so far in my career, it’s pretty cool to see, but I have to keep on improving and I won’t be complacent.

“I believe I’m a few years away from hitting my peak, so I’m a sponge at the moment. I am looking for new ways to do things.

“Any rugby league player at this level wants to win.

“No NRL player wants to sit there for five years and keep winning wooden spoons and miss finals. Every player in this game wants to make the top eight and win premiership rings.

“We all want success and I’m no different.”

Payne Haas on his contractual scenario

I have a few more years on contract at the Broncos and I’m happy here,” Haas said.

“There’s been a lot of talk (about his future) but I’m enjoying my time at the Broncos.

“The friendships will always be here. You know what rugby league is like, things can change quickly.

“It’s easy just to say stuff, but it can turn out to be false promises. The reality is I’m enjoying my time at the Broncos, I’ve come through the system with a lot of guys here and I’m just looking to enjoy this year.

“I will worry about my future down the track. I still have a few years to go on my contract. I don’t see it as a hassle. There’s no need for me to rush.”

Payne Haas on moving away from the glitter strip and to an inner Brisbane suburb:

“I moved to Brisbane just before pre-season,” he said.

“I was getting sick of living on the Gold Coast and travelling to Brisbane to get to training every day.

“My life has been way better. When I was on the Gold Coast, I was waking up at 4.30 to get to training and that’s tough on you mentally. Now I wake up at 7am and I’m five minutes from training and being closer to the Broncos.

“I get to spend more time with my partner and our young daughter. It’s been a good move so far.

“A lot has changed at the Broncos. I’ve seen a change in the club, ’Kevvie’ (coach Kevin Walters) and Ben Ikin (head of football) have done a great job and I love Brisbane as a city for my family, so I’m very settled at the moment.

“I believe we will play finals this year. If we don’t make the finals this year, it’s a massive failure and I would be really disappointed in ourselves.

“We can make a deep run in the finals, but we need to get there first and there’s a lot of hard work to do and games to play.”
I feel like Payne would be one of those guys that if (when) we make a grand final he will just go next level and turn into an absolute beast.

Similar to Burgess for the rabbits in 2014 literally nothing will stop him. I could see him pulling out one of the greatest individual performances of all time if (when) the opportunity comes. I'm talking 250+ run meters and 40 tackles then chases the opposition winger 60 meters and drags him into touch in the 79th minute to win us the game.

He honestly seems that determined and committed on the field.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Buzz has written what can only be described as a very interesting article today surrounding both Haas and D.Fifita. Citing the Roosters are “very, very interested in (Haas) him” I mean what club wouldn’t be?
Then theres a headline “Broncos desperate to get Fifita back” saying if we lose Haas then we will go all in to get Fifita back.
It seems Buzz still enjoys a few wines.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Buzz has written what can only be described as a very interesting article today surrounding both Haas and D.Fifita. Citing the Roosters are “very, very interested in (Haas) him” I mean what club wouldn’t be?
Then theres a headline “Broncos desperate to get Fifita back” saying if we lose Haas then we will go all in to get Fifita back.
And I'm sure at no point did he mention the Dolphins.... or is that part of volume 2 for tomorrow's edition??

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Meanwhile, in a totally unrelated matter, Haas was spotted over the weekend at Drummond Golf.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Meanwhile, in a totally unrelated matter, Haas was spotted over the weekend at Drummond Golf.
Insiders inform me he was there with none other than SBW who was overheard saying

"realistically you dont even need to know how to play... in fact I used to just pay my green fees, whatever that is, and then a couple hours later Nick would bring me my winnings in the pokie room and tell me to initial the scorecard... piece of piss bro"

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Insiders inform me he was there with none other than SBW who was overheard saying

"realistically you dont even need to know how to play... in fact I used to just pay my green fees, whatever that is, and then a couple hours later Nick would bring me my winnings in the pokie room and tell me to initial the scorecard... piece of piss bro"
After scouring this very forum, Buzz got in touch with the bloke from Drummond who told him Payne said “he has always been right into golf” and “was looking for some sticks”.

When asked what his handicap was, Haas blew up and said “just because I play front row, doesn’t mean I am stupid”.

The attendant then asked him if he’d like a full set of drivers or just a one wood and a hybrid.

Payne reportedly said “lol, I don’t want a bloody Prius mate, only hipsters from San Fransisco drive them.”

Upon leaving, in an almost scripted fashion, he did reiterate he is an avid golfer and his visit had nothing to do with catching up with a part time pugilist and mega car dealership mogul in Sydney.

Make of that what you will.

Disclaimer: not actual quotes from Haas.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Not necessarily relevant to the article, but has there ever been mention of what sallary tedesco is on?

If you're gonna be honest there is no way in hell he is worth anything less then 1 mil. I would love to see a poll on who fans would prefer if given the option of Hass or Tedesco. They can't even use injury prone as an excuse to under paying him like manly can with Turbo.

Anyway the point im making is, there is no way in this world that Hass and Tedesco play in the same club side that ALSO has guys like luke keary, sam walker, Bradan Smith, Angus Chrighton, Manu and Sualli... the other 22 players in your squad would have to be on minimum wage for it to work.

Thats how i know the titans are under the cap, spent stupid money on way too many big name forwards and then no money for anyone else.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That would be the worst swap in history.

At least if you pay Payne a million you get a million dollar workrate, with Fifita it's a 150k workrate with the odd runaway try every second game.

Hopefully Fifita gets snapped up by the Roosters for 2024 so they have their shiny toy.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Not necessarily relevant to the article, but has there ever been mention of what sallary tedesco is on?

If you're gonna be honest there is no way in hell he is worth anything less then 1 mil. I would love to see a poll on who fans would prefer if given the option of Hass or Tedesco. They can't even use injury prone as an excuse to under paying him like manly can with Turbo.

Anyway the point im making is, there is no way in this world that Hass and Tedesco play in the same club side that ALSO has guys like luke keary, sam walker, Bradan Smith, Angus Chrighton, Manu and Sualli... the other 22 players in your squad would have to be on minimum wage for it to work.

Thats how i know the titans are under the cap, spent stupid money on way too many big name forwards and then no money for anyone else.
Yeah you also have Sitili Tupouniua, Daniel Tupou, Radley, Watson, Collins, JWH. I’m sorry but when does the market value rule get inflicted. I understand and feel there should be some leniency for players who stick loyal but like that’s just fucked to have all those players in the one side, not the chooks fault either if they get away with it. Appears the NRL like a lopsided competition cause it’s clear there isn’t an even spread of talent and they aren’t putting or enforcing any controls to change this. But I guess that’s what happens when you have players choosing to live in Bondi or Western Sydney. Can’t have Teddy, Manu, Keary, Brandon all in the same team without having shit role players and that just isn’t the case so they are either over the cap or not paying market value which means it needs to be regulated higher.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Yeah you also have Sitili Tupouniua, Daniel Tupou, Radley, Watson, Collins, JWH. I’m sorry but when does the market value rule get inflicted. I understand and feel there should be some leniency for players who stick loyal but like that’s just fucked to have all those players in the one side, not the chooks fault either if they get away with it. Appears the NRL like a lopsided competition cause it’s clear there isn’t an even spread of talent and they aren’t putting or enforcing any controls to change this. But I guess that’s what happens when you have players choosing to live in Bondi or Western Sydney. Can’t have Teddy, Manu, Keary, Brandon all in the same team without having shit role players and that just isn’t the case so they are either over the cap or not paying market value which means it needs to be regulated higher.
Yep 100% what I'm saying. Which is exactly why i mentioned the titans. They've paid massive money for what on paper is a super strong forward pack with massive depth. But then you look at their halves and outside backs they are either very young and still on small contract's or bog average.

It just defies logic and the general purpose of the salary cap to have stars and players just below star status across the park.

I'll admit in some scenario's it can happen if you have average players hit a mid career form increase combined with a handfull of young players playing above their contract value. HOWEVER this generally is nullified when those players contract's expire and they move on to a club where they are paid market value.

My issue with the roosters is it seems they consistently have stars from 1-17 playing under market value. They don't lose them like other clubs would.

As much as i hate the storm they are a great example. They had guys like Nicho Hynes playing above his value BUT when it came time to renew his contract he was forced out of the storm as they couldn't afford him. If Hynes had of been at the roosters they somehow would have kept him. The Smith and Grant situation is similar. No one can afford two high profile hookers and Smith was forced out. Had this have been the roosters i guarantee both stay onboard somehow.

It just doesn't add up.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Just hearing Ikin’s interview about a month ago and hearing Payne talk in the last day or 2 in the interview he did at Suncorp, it sounds like both parties have to come to an unofficial agreement of “wait and see”, in terms of whether or not the club can start to perform again and it seems like if that does happen, Payne would be happy to stay

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Yeah but "players sticking loyal" doesn't really transfer to the Roosters, because it's only when they are there that their "loyalty" kicks in. They are more than happy to jump ship from the teams that develop them with zero loyalty to them at that point.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Yeah but "players sticking loyal" doesn't really transfer to the Roosters, because it's only when they are there that their "loyalty" kicks in. They are more than happy to jump ship from the teams that develop them with zero loyalty to them at that point.
Because of the lure

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That would be the worst swap in history.

At least if you pay Payne a million you get a million dollar workrate, with Fifita it's a 150k workrate with the odd runaway try every second game.

Hopefully Fifita gets snapped up by the Roosters for 2024 so they have their shiny toy.
The worst swap in history was Reece Walsh for [.......].

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • MasterWright
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Culhwch
  • whykickamoocow
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.