PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2023] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and announce a swap of Fifita and Palasia effective immediately
This, this right there. Hold your calls Australia, we have our winner for the quote of the day! Genius idea!
Hope this happens 🙏🏻
I wish Pete Badel was perusing this forum so he could get the idea out into the mainstream 😉

There will be some smashing and standing over of Cobbo whenever he gets tackled. I'm tipping Marty to lead the charge to show Penrith that's no longer ok.
In those situations that's where you just have someone from our team get in there and start pushing and shoving.

Generally the ref will call time off and penalise the defender with a "tackled him too hard".

Luai does it all the time and is never penalised even though he's interfering with the defence... most of the time he'll get a penalty for his team OR the ref just tells them to play on... the latter rarely happens.

Remember that penalty Parra got for having a player in the ruck when a Storm player tried to play the ball without their feet on the ground, would love to see that enforced in our game because that will ruin penrith, but I doubt it.

Remember that penalty Parra got for having a player in the ruck when a Storm player tried to play the ball without their feet on the ground, would love to see that enforced in our game because that will ruin penrith, but I doubt it.
Just keep an eye out for Liam Martin putting the ball on the ground, whilst on his knees, taking his hand away from the ball, standing up and then playing it.

I swear the refs dont realise it's a blatant knock on and are just like... "this must be legal"

Love to see how we go but I get a feeling a lot more people will be seeing how Penrith go without one of the best hookers in the comp because at times Cleary is just a kicking bot and they would get set after set until Api Koroisau would create something around the ruck, they don't have that anymore.

It has to come from their halves, Dylan Edwards is a solid fullback but nothing more, Luai is more about the running, they've also lost their powerhouse edge forward in Viliame Kikau. That's 2 real points of difference for them suddenly gone.

We've troubled them in the past and I would even go as far to say that we have the more dangerous team in terms of scoring points, if we can defend well then they'll know they're in a game footy (as Laurie Daley would say).

Unfortunately, I'll be at work when this kicks off. 🙁

Fortunately though, I'm on standby, so fingers crossed they don't need me for anything! 🙃

Love to see how we go but I get a feeling a lot more people will be seeing how Penrith go without one of the best hookers in the comp because at times Cleary is just a kicking bot and they would get set after set until Api Koroisau would create something around the ruck, they don't have that anymore.

It has to come from their halves, Dylan Edwards is a solid fullback but nothing more, Luai is more about the running, they've also lost their powerhouse edge forward in Viliame Kikau. That's 2 real points of difference for them suddenly gone.

We've troubled them in the past and I would even go as far to say that we have the more dangerous team in terms of scoring points, if we can defend well then they'll know they're in a game footy (as Laurie Daley would say).
You’re getting me pumped. Broncos will win this 100%

I've been telling everyone we are no chance and laughing about our chances to decrease the dissapointment. I get a sneaky suspicion a few players will play near career games tonight and we might ambush them...

Just got to Panthers club…there is a small scatter of Broncos shirts in the bistro which is good to see
We are everywhere, seen a few going on the train at work.

I've been telling everyone we are no chance and laughing about our chances to decrease the dissapointment. I get a sneaky suspicion a few players will play near career games tonight and we might ambush them...
We were no chance round 1 last year too

I think Penriths left side is vunerable and i'm tipping a man of the match performance from Staggs.

If you are called in, just don't pay attention while at work, what could go wrong?
Exactly....put that motherfucker on auto pilot and kick back. A train on tracks drives itself....yeah?

I'm assuming you have a small TV in the cockpit?

1st round is always extremely unpredictable. By round 3 we normally get a good idea of who’s who in the zoo.

Just keep an eye out for Liam Martin putting the ball on the ground, whilst on his knees, taking his hand away from the ball, standing up and then playing it.

I swear the refs dont realise it's a blatant knock on and are just like... "this must be legal"
I scream inside every time I see this and I’m sure an angel loses its wings or some shit like that but I Frikkin hate when it goes unpunished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.