Coach: Kevin WaltersCoach: Brad Arthur
Referee: Adam Gee
Touch Judges: Belinda Sharpe, Michael Wise
Senior Review Official: Henry Perenara
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kickoff: 7:05 pm
Broadcast: Channel 9; Foxleague; Kayo

Last edited:
so the trial is done and dusted ... time to focus on the season proper. If I was in Kevvies shoes, I would name the following team:

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Farnworth
4. Nui
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Pangai
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler (if fit)
17. Oates

some of the omissions:
  • Paix - if we plan on turning him into a hooker, he needs to be in the ISC playing big minutes (rather than 10 mins of the bench)
  • Walsh - Unless we want to be short sighted (potentially stunting his development) he should spend the first half of the season (at a minimum) in the ISC developing his game. besides, attacking wise, there wasn't a big issue with Isaako, he showed some good signs. defense was a bit of an issue, so the big question was how did Walsh go defensively in this weekends trial. If we develop Walsh right he has the potential to be a gun for us over the next decade, lets not screw it up because we are "panicking" after one trial

Happy days...$200 @ 3's.

Should have backed Parra and put the mock on them I suppose.

Happy days...$200 @ 3's.

Should have backed Parra and put the mock on them I suppose.
Happy Days for the bookmaker maybe.

I thought you'd have learned your lessons last year. You must be keeping Sportsbet in business these days.

Last edited:
Happy Days for the bookmaker maybe.

I thought you'd have learned your lessons last year. You must be keeping Sportsbet in business these days.
I love giving it to them though, you wouldn't deprive me of that pleasure, would you?

so the trial is done and dusted ... time to focus on the season proper. If I was in Kevvies shoes, I would name the following team:

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Farnworth
4. Nui
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Pangai
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler (if fit)
17. Oates

some of the omissions:
  • Paix - if we plan on turning him into a hooker, he needs to be in the ISC playing big minutes (rather than 10 mins of the bench)
  • Walsh - Unless we want to be short sighted (potentially stunting his development) he should spend the first half of the season (at a minimum) in the ISC developing his game. besides, attacking wise, there wasn't a big issue with Isaako, he showed some good signs. defense was a bit of an issue, so the big question was how did Walsh go defensively in this weekends trial. If we develop Walsh right he has the potential to be a gun for us over the next decade, lets not screw it up because we are "panicking" after one trial
I think teo (i personally would like to see bullemore get the gig) will come into the squad for flegler as the middle forward replacement. Even if not injured, He will get a couple weeks for that tackle (not unfairly as it was a frigging stupid and dangerous thing to do).

I still can’t believe that we let Macca walk with 1 year left and now we are in a position where Croft at 14 doesn’t even sound like an outlandish selection. If these idiots let him go due to some pipe dream Smith would be coming to the club, without a strong behind the scenes indication of doing so, then nothing has changed on the bad decision making front.

That 400K+ better end in some amazing unforeseen pick up before kick off or it’s more incompetence. The club needs a second row, hooker, centre, and fullback before round 1. If we get at least one of those I’d be feeling a lot better about the direction of the club.

I knew things were grim when @Big Pete was already voicing his concerns his off season, and he is right. I backed the Copley, and Mead signings as cultural moves but my perspective on those signings change significantly when they and Asiata are all we bring in, and we lose one of the only guys we had who could defend and be a voice of leadership when things weren’t going our way in Macca. The team is undeniably worse than last season.

I do expect improvement this year simply from Seibold not being around but I find it very hard to see us cracking the top 12 as it stands.

I still can’t believe that we let Macca walk with 1 year left and now we are in a position where Croft at 14 doesn’t even sound like an outlandish selection. If these idiots let him go due to some pipe dream Smith would be coming to the club, without a strong behind the scenes indication of doing so, then nothing has changed on the bad decision making front.

That 400K+ better end in some amazing unforeseen pick up before kick off or it’s more incompetence. The club needs a second row, hooker, centre, and fullback before round 1. If we get at least one of those I’d be feeling a lot better about the direction of the club.

I knew things were grim when @Big Pete was already voicing his concerns his off season, and he is right. I backed the Copley, and Mead signings as cultural moves but my perspective on those signings change significantly when they and Asiata are all we bring in, and we lose one of the only guys we had who could defend and be a voice of leadership when things weren’t going our way in Macca. The team is undeniably worse than last season.

I do expect improvement this year simply from Seibold not being around but I find it very hard to see us cracking the top 12 as it stands.
Agree with all of that but confident Asiata is a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.