PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Re: Round 1 - 2015 - Broncos v Rabbitohs - Pre-game discussion

When your only peer in the game is Cameron Smith I'd say he's a certainty to play 80.

By "peer", you mean hookers with similar skills, I'm guessing? Because.....No. McC wouldn't carry Smiths bags.

By "peer", you mean hookers with similar skills, I'm guessing? Because.....No. McC wouldn't carry Smiths bags.

I like Smith but it was proven in 4 Nations he was clearly past it. Hopefully Meninga wises up and brings McCullough in for Origin next year. Also wouldn't hurt to get rid of Cooper "The Robot" Cronk and make Hunt the halfback.

The Rabbits have an overrated halves pairing and backline, with Sam and Teo gone I think they'll struggle next year. Glenn, although I used to rate him highly, is well past it.

Broncos 1-12.

I wouldn't want to make that decision until we actually see how he plays when used properly again.

1. Boyd
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Oates
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

The only thing up for debate is the battle of the wing positions, it's clearly a 4 way battle between Copley, Kahu, Vidot & Maranta.. I wouldn't be upset with any of them in my team come round 1, I just think Copley & Kahu have the most upside and are the best finishers, which we're going to need a lot of next year. Vidot's hands still really worry me, and Maranta's finishing ability also scares me.

I think we can win, the souths foward pack is a lot weaker than last year, we just need to gel really well early and defend Inglis. I swear everytime he plays us he has the game of his life -.-

Of all the team list predictions mentioned the only player I'm concerned about is McCullough. Doesn't seem to be under any sort of pressure to lift his game and has been at a similar level for a few seasons now.

I saw the hookers rated in the Courier Mail this morning ... they rated him as the 9th best in the league

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...starting-hookers/story-fniabjcr-1227132661134

I saw the hookers rated in the Courier Mail this morning ... they rated him as the 9th best in the league

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...starting-hookers/story-fniabjcr-1227132661134

Yeah and they rated Luke as 5th and Lichaa at 11th... I think its somewhat incorrect. Lichaa has played 15 games, if anything he would be 15th or 16th, while Luke should be 3rd. I would say McCullough is about 7th best in the league, behind Smith, Farah, Luke, Ballin, Friend and Segayaro, but that's just my opinion...

What I want -
1. Boyd
2.Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Garbutt (yeah garbutt, people are under estimating him. He has a huge motor)
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Oates
16. Blair
17. Gavet/Parcell/Ofahengue

What we will see -
1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Blair
16. Oates
17. Garbutt or Gavet(I hope garbutt, even though in time Gavet will be awesome for us)

Blair can barely handle one position, I'm not sure how he will handle two at the same time..

Last edited:

Why is Vidot an automatic inclusion?

Bennett likes good finishers on the wing. Vidot was average at it in 2014..

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gavet
16. Dodds/Garbutt
17. Oates

Parker's 300th at Suncorp against Souths, I can't wait

Why is Vidot an automatic inclusion?

Bennett likes good finishers on the wing. Vidot was average at it in 2014..

He also likes a bit of size in his wingers. Vidot certainly has to work on his finishing ability

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gavet
16. Dodds/Garbutt
17. Oates

Parker's 300th at Suncorp against Souths, I can't wait

What is with Maranta on the wing, and I haven't seen much of Dodds, is he any good?

Surely you're not serious? Keary/Sutton/Reynolds and Walker/Johnston overrated? Yeah right. I think I might watch the GF replay again to see just how overrated they are.

Can't wait to see Vidot streak away from the overrated Johnston and Hodges turn on a dime to tackle the overrated Walker.

They're good players, but were made to look better behind the most dominant pack in the competition last season. Overrated was probably the wrong choice of words.

I wouldn't want to make that decision until we actually see how he plays when used properly again.

I meant Glenn Stewart. I think our Glenn will play all right next season.

Last edited:

What is with Maranta on the wing, and I haven't seen much of Dodds, is he any good?
Just the team I would like to see run out next season. I have never rated Vidot as a winger even though he made a lot of ground for us last season. I want Copely at centre so that leaves Maranta on the wing.
I like Dodds and don't see Garbutt as a definite first up in the 17

I agree, I would cry if I saw Maranta's name on the team list come round one.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • armchair
  • teampjta
  • cento
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.