Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i think chee kam is injured?

gillett and stagg will be on the bench. sanderson or dodds will be the bench prop with thaiday doing some prop work.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
But Griffin has already said Prince is behind Wallace and Norman... LOL.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

can you find the quote on this? did he actually say that or were his words taken out of context?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

He said that before the trials didn't he ......?

Surely he can't be still suggesting that.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Surely he can't be still suggesting that.

Yeah before the Warriors trial I think.
I know he was speaking trash talk because there is no fucking way either Wallace or Norman are infront of Prince. He is our no1 half, there's no 3 way battle. There's one spot in the halves up for grabs not two.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

if this is the case then i am happy he was just making sure it is clear that players will be picked on performance and not CV.

only an idiot would say prince was behind norman and wallace after seeing the warriors trial. actually im pretty sure an idiot wouldnt say that.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
manlys prep has been pretty poor, plus they've got contract issues and threats of player cuts hanging over them. it probably wouldnt be sitting well with some of the players at the moment. no one likes to go to work with the thought they might not have a job next week.

Manly have had some sort of crisis every year, it clearly doesn't affect them on the field winning 2 premiersips in the last 5 years.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm sure that this was all just a trick, Hook is the master of deception. Like when the Broncos have to travel to another state, he disguises them under the name Brosbane Brincos, just to fool the opposition.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think Copley being injured will present Hook an easy (although IMO not great) out for the Prince/Wallace/Norman dilemma. It will allow him to play Hoffman on the wing, Norman at fullback, and Prince and Wallace in the halves, while still maintaining his precious hooker/backup combo with Macca and Hunt.

And he can always say he was forced to due to the loss of Copley.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
we are actually $1.70 favourites with the bookies. i tend to agree, although i probably won't be taking it. manlys prep has been pretty poor, plus they've got contract issues and threats of player cuts hanging over them. it probably wouldnt be sitting well with some of the players at the moment. no one likes to go to work with the thought they might not have a job next week.

Good point forgot about that. I still think Manly have a better team though compared to us and we will have a real fight on our hands. We would've beaten them here last year if Parker packed his kicking boots.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
would be interesting if stewarts contract sees rose and galuvao cut from the squad. their depth is already being tested. imagine if they cut those two. and then stewart gets his usual hammy injury and is out for 6 weeks after rnd 1. they are doing their best to shoot that team in the foot imo.

anyhow. back on broncs. im really not sure how we will line up. i'd find it hard to believe griffin will leave norman out. but im not sure who will. i dont see norman offering anything from the bench, and hunt has been good in trials. next tuesday is going to be really interesting.

I read a report where the team was being told yesterday who was in and where they played. Interesting to see if it is leaked to the media

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
apparently the stewart contract has now magically fit under the salary cap and been approved without any player cuts.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I'm no fan of Stewart but I can't say I wouldn't be really happy if we got him. He would fill a massive void in our team and we'd have a top quality player in our spine. Either him or Barba will do, c'mon Gee swoop on this, who cares if it's not right or whatever, this is business. Give Manly our upcoming star in Norman.

I will stop dreaming. We will not sign any worthy player for a long time :(

Give yourself an uppercut :-))))) We have Hodges with a dodgy hamstring and don't need stewart with the same problem And the last thing i want at the club i support is a player with anger management issues. For christ sake he has had at least two fist fights with players from his own club and there is possibly more we do not know about.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
apparently the stewart contract has now magically fit under the salary cap and been approved without any player cuts.

it always did fit under the cap, manly wanted to shift some of it to the newly announced increased marquee player allowance, which they would have done earlier anyway had the CBA been settled earlier. It was ridiculous, the nrl finally sets a salary cap and then doesn't give consideration to the fact it was finalised to late for clubs to adapt to it. A salary cap is about creating a equitable competition, the season hasn't even started and manly have a roster compliant under the new cap, they haven't gained any advantage! Schubert's role needs to be scrutinized imo, he takes too long and seems to have far to much discretion.

B

Bronco bob

NYC Player
Aug 9, 2012
The team is going to be announced tomorrow

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Give yourself an uppercut :-))))) We have Hodges with a dodgy hamstring and don't need stewart with the same problem And the last thing i want at the club i support is a player with anger management issues. For christ sake he has had at least two fist fights with players from his own club and there is possibly more we do not know about.

And Hodges doesn't have anger management issues? He's probably the least liked player in the squad. I know for a fact he doesn't get along with the younger brigade

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
And Hodges doesn't have anger management issues? He's probably the least liked player in the squad. I know for a fact he doesn't get along with the younger brigade

Touche
I did not know about that Big Dave but will acept the fact. Just means we dont need two of them then

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Splinter, I remember when you were a wise sensei, you should have known!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Alec
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Scdeac
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manlyman
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • Ironbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.