Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think Boyd does deserve a bit of credit for this win he did run someone down and stop a certain try and ran for 100 meters. He isn't much of an attacking threat but with a bit more structure that can be helped.

Yeah full credit to Boyd. When I saw him chasing Granville I thought there was no chance but he got him. In the context of the match that was close to a match winner too.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Boyd does deserve a bit of credit for this win he did run someone down and stop a certain try and ran for 100 meters. He isn't much of an attacking threat but with a bit more structure that can be helped.

I get this. Boyd was ok. However, is "ok" what we really need as a top flight footie side? How many times did we work the left side in attack relative the right side? Is that the plan?

Watching Arthars, I was so wishing he was at left centre. He looks dangerous every time he gets the ball. His defence isn't bad. He's better than "ok". Sometimes ok isn't enough although for the time being, it looks like it has to be. Oh well ...

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Boyd has barely played centre so he could just need a little time to adjust, but he should be happy with himself for his round game.
I get this. Boyd was ok. However, is "ok" what we really need as a top flight footie side? How many times did we work the left side in attack relative the right side? Is that the plan?

Watching Arthars, I was so wishing he was at left centre. He looks dangerous every time he gets the ball. His defence isn't bad. He's better than "ok". Sometimes ok isn't enough although for the time being, it looks like it has to be. Oh well ...

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Yeah full credit to Boyd. When I saw him chasing Granville I thought there was no chance but he got him. In the context of the match that was close to a match winner too.

There was a moment where I still saw the same old Boyd attitude. Oates has that brain fart near the side line not catching the ball and turned over possession. A replay showed Boyd walking past in disgust rather than telling Oates to keep his head up.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Boyd always seemed to need extra help making his tackles, especially in the first half. Did not like some of his efforts at all but it has been said it's better than nothing. I actually wonder if Bennett is going to go easy on him this week or throw a shitload at him on that edge. Wouldn't it be awkward if Bennett comes up with the gameplan and set plays that expose Darius badly and leads to him being dropped😂

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the Milford charge is one of the most laughable disgraceful charges ever laid on a player in rugby league history ... hell a penalty would have been far to severe ... but to actually be charged for dangerous contact is a flat out joke ... my little sister could have hit Granville harder and she is only 13

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Exactly. Take that gif in front of the judiciary and ask them what is it about the hit that is illegal

His arm is swinging and that really wont help his case with his reputation. Its nowhere near a grade 2, but it was a needless and dumb effort by TPJ. He really needs not to put himself in those kind of situations.

K

KickHaas

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
TPJ- early guilty plea, got 4 weeks. Milf- accepted fine, right to play next game

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Broncos’ five-eighth Anthony Milford has also taken a grade one tripping charge, but will receive 90 carry-over points only.

Even the Broncos website can't figure out what he was actually charged with.

The only contact Milford makes with Granville that entire set was that body check. Also the charge was Dangerous Contact - Other. If it was Tripping, he would have been charged with that like Ferguson was.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Even the Broncos website can't figure out what he was actually charged with.

The only contact Milford makes with Granville that entire set was that body check. Also the charge was Dangerous Contact - Other. If it was Tripping, he would have been charged with that like Ferguson was.

Charged with wearing the wrong jersey. Obviously!

R

rogerwilco

BRL Player
Jul 30, 2013
Just because The Broncos have decided not fight it doesn't mean they will accept it behind closed doors. Our CEO could meet with someone from NRL.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Just because The Broncos have decided not fight it doesn't mean they will accept it behind closed doors. Our CEO could meet with someone from NRL.
So he should. There’s no doubt TPJ is being judged differently.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Forgive my cynicism but what will that achieve?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

he's still out for 4 weeks though ...

hopefully a meeting of this type prevents future BS charges against him ... but i seriously doubt it

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
They rolled over and accepted it. Piss weak administration. They should be fighting every charge that's not an obvious case closed.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
They rolled over and accepted it. Piss weak administration. They should be fighting every charge that's not an obvious case closed.

i disagree with that statement ...

in an ideal world they should and probably would fight every charge that isn't a slam dunk ... but this is the NRL and in no way an ideal world.

in the world of the NRL where incompetence and bias reign supreme, fighting can sometimes be the wrong move.

in making this decision, they would have looked at our piss poor record at the judiciary, they would have looked at TPJ's rap sheet, they would have looked at how TPJ has been treated in the past by both the MRC and judiciary ...

the club would have weighed all this up and come to the same conclusion many of us have, that TPJ has a slim chance at the judiciary, so decided not to risk an additional 2 weeks on his inevitable suspension

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • something
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.