Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Too quick for me to see clearly. So (1) did the ball hit the ground over the dead ball line and (2) Arthars doesn't ground it in goal?

(1) Herbie flicks the ball into the ground over the dead ball line before Arthars grounds it.

I did clarify it in my original post.

Did Fox Sports hire the Triple M commentator?

I don't recall him calling any games on TV prior to last night.

Dan Ginnane and yeah he started calling games mid last year but never in a prime-time slot like last night.

WTAF....Milford has also been charged with "Grade 1 dangerous contact - other" on Granville, in the 10th minute. Now, I don't have access to the full game replay, but the extended highlights on NRL TV shows at minute 10, Milf puts his bomb up that Holmes spills. Then it cuts to about 10:50 for Flegs' run and Turps' try. So during the 9th/10th/11th minutes, it's safe to assume we had the ball....yet Milf has supposedly been charged for an incident on Granville during this time?!? He's facing 90 points with an early guilty plea and 120 (ie a week out) if he unsuccessfully challenges?!

Would love to see a clip of the incident if anyone can get access to it...

Last edited:
WTAF....Milford has also been charged with "Grade 1 dangerous contact - other" on Granville, in the 10th minute. Now, I don't have access to the full game replay, but the extended highlights on NRL TV shows at minute 10, Milf puts his bomb up that Holmes spills. Then it cuts to about 10:50 for Flegs' run and Turps' try. So during the 9th/10th/11th minutes, it's safe to assume we had the ball....yet Milf has supposedly been charged for an incident on Granville during this time?!? He's facing 90 points with an early guilty plea and 120 (ie a week out) if he unsuccessfully challenges?!

Would love to see a clip of the incident if anyone can get access to it...

Milford body-checks Granville off the ball.

It wouldn't have hurt a fly, but it's one of those rare instances where a half gets called on something a prop forward would.

Cheers @Big Pete - I didn't notice at the time and don't think the commentators mentioned it either. FFS.

Great result. Had 40 bucks on them so I had a little faith.

Two observations. Croft and Carrigan appear to be leading a core group of young guns. Told to take over and they have. The old guard, Boyd and Macca will be tolerated only as long as they perform.
On Oates I'm satisfied overall and think the criticism is unwarranted. Badly disrupted preseason considered he did very well I thought and his first 50 minutes were strong even with the bomb he should have swallowed with a hoof in touch.

giphy.gif

The Milford charge for those curious.

Compare the TPJ hit with the Christian Crichton hit on Sivo if you want a glimpse at the corruption of the game.

Crichton came in with a stiff arm and hit Sivo flush in the face, he gets a grade 1 charge w/ a $1150 fine.

TPJ barely makes contact with the head/neck, if at all, and gets his with a grade 2 charge w/ a 4-6 week suspension.

Absolute joke.

Compare the TPJ hit with the Christian Crichton hit on Sivo if you want a glimpse at the corruption of the game.

Crichton came in with a stiff arm and hit Sivo flush in the face, he gets a grade 1 charge w/ a $1150 fine.

TPJ barely makes contact with the head/neck, if at all, and gets his with a grade 2 charge w/ a 4-6 week suspension.

Absolute joke.

This. Crichton's was an actual dog shot to the head and demonstrably worse than Tevita's hit. I hope we take that comparison to the judiciary.

With Granville’s back turned, how is Milf supposed to see that he hasn’t dummied and actually offloaded? Granville’s body is hiding his action.

It's precisely because Granville's body was hiding his action that you couldn't easily see Milford leading with both shoulders in succession, using his elbow and throwing 6 uppercuts in quick succession ... and wearing a Broncos jersey which incurs a loading.

And no charge on JT for his shoulder charge of McCullough

These charges are a fucking disgrace and is why I support the Broncos and not the NRL. Absolute biased bullshit.

Active Now

• jtupu17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.