Round 1 - Eels vs Broncos - Build Up Thread (Official Team pg 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So has anyone else heard the rumour that Cricket Australia have petitioned Channel 9 to flick this game in order to play the T20 match? :sigh:

The amount of respect Channel 9 shows league it wouldn't surprise me if they did play the T20 match, as more "Australians" would watch it. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Round 1, Parra v Broncos

So has anyone else heard the rumour that Cricket Australia have petitioned Channel 9 to flick this game in order to play the T20 match? :sigh:

The amount of respect Channel 9 shows league it wouldn't surprise me if they did play the T20 match, as more "Australians" would watch it. :rolleyes:

I have heard they're going to show both, but one will be on Gem. The discussion is whether the league or the mickey mouse cricket rubbish will be on 9.

one or the other will be on GEM - i'm guessing the cricket. GEM is at least HD

Fuggin horse #### if they were to ditch it.

9 "Home of League"

God I hope they lose the rights.

I hope ours is the one on GEM.

If you haven't got digital TV yet, you're pretty silly.

True, although I doubt it'd be broadcast in HD. Well, maybe broadcast in HD but not SHOT in HD, therefore it won't be that great.

Either way, people who don't have digital will feel ripped off.

True, although I doubt it'd be broadcast in HD. Well, maybe broadcast in HD but not SHOT in HD, therefore it won't be that great.

no idea how it all works but when the cricket gets chucked on GEM during the half hour of news it looks a hell of a lot better than it does on 9.

What T20 game?? The one in the West Indies?? Since when did channel 9 show the Aussies playing when on tour. ?

Nine films in HD. The Fox replays of the FTA games are shown in HD.

Nine films in HD. The Fox replays of the FTA games are shown in HD.

I'm guessing 720p though.
Which is fine, still twice as good as SD. But still an insult to Australian people, many of whom have rushed out to buy Full HD TVs.

Blame India for this even being though about. Wankers. NRL should be on 9 and Cricket can just be moved to GEM

Money doesn't grow on trees, Ning.

Yeah, but STB's are crazy cheap these days!

I wouldn't say that, until they are $100.

Eh? You can get one from DSE for like $40.

Thats bullshit gee 9 are a useless network. At least they are showing it on Gem or the main channel. Just be thankful for the Rugby League coverage you get, 9 hoard the game outside of NSW and QLD. I was in Adelaide one weekend and 9 didn't even have the NRL results from the Sunday games on its South Australian news service. They had everything else though but no Rugby League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.