10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Cory Paix
15. Thomas Flegler
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Corey Oates
Bolded is yuck. Isucko is not a fullback, he never will be. Macca is not even close to Turpin anymore, his service is just so slow. Carrigan is a cancer with the ball in hand in good ball and needs less minutes playing at prop. Oates is a myth in the backrow, he isn't skillful enough. He needs to stick to the wing, a spot where he is better than both Mead and Coates.

Bolded is yuck. Isucko is not a fullback, he never will be. Macca is not even close to Turpin anymore, his service is just so slow. Carrigan is a cancer with the ball in hand in good ball and needs less minutes playing at prop. Oates is a myth in the backrow, he isn't skillful enough. He needs to stick to the wing, a spot where he is better than both Mead and Coates.

Based on performances, Isaako is a better option at fullback than Niu. Plus, he's our best goal kicker and is pretty clutch with his field goals. He's more likely to play fullback.

Macca was brought back to give this side more experience, he's not playing reserve grade. He'll be starting 9.

Carrigan isn't playing prop.

Kevin Walters is a fan of Oates in the backrow and considering our lack of depth in that position and the fact that we've signed Mead and Copley, there's a good chance Walters will move him there. Walters was even considering picking him in the QLD side for that reason.

Based on performances, Isaako is a better option at fullback than Niu. Plus, he's our best goal kicker and is pretty clutch with his field goals. He's more likely to play fullback.

Macca was brought back to give this side more experience, he's not playing reserve grade. He'll be starting 9.

Kevin Walters is a fan of Oates in the backrow and considering our lack of depth in that position and the fact that we've signed Mead and Copley, there's a good chance Walters will move him there. Walters was even considering picking him in the QLD side for that reason.

Macca was bought back because he has a rich, binding contract and no one else wanted him after being severely injured. Let’s not pretend it is for any other reason

1. Isaako (ugh)
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley (Staggs)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Macca
10, Haas
11. Glenn(c)
12. TPJ
13. Lodge

14. Turpin / Paix
15. Bullimor
16. Flegler
17. Riki

1. Isaako (ugh)
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley (Staggs)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Macca
10, Haas
11. Glenn(c)
12. TPJ
13. Lodge

14. Turpin / Paix
15. Bullimor
16. Flegler
17. Riki
Roughly what I would have as it stands, who knows in a months time.

I thought Arthurs was pretty lightweight for us when he played, I don't trust him at centre. Wing or FB for mine (and who knows if he's any good there, he never pulled up trees at the Titans IIRC)

Last edited:
Roughly what I would have as it stands, who knows in a months time.

I thought Arthurs was pretty lightweight for us when he played, I don't trust him at centre. Wing or FB for mine (and who knows if he's any good there, he never pulled up trees at the Titans IIRC)
I’m optimistic that a few signings might come in that would slightly improve the squad. Namely move Isaako out of fullback, and another edge forward/lock.

1. Isaako (ugh)
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Copley (Staggs)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Macca
10, Haas
11. Glenn(c)
12. TPJ
13. Lodge

14. Turpin / Paix
15. Bullimor
16. Flegler
17. Riki
Lodge for carrigan who gos back to the bench, TPJ to lock and Riki to start.

Carrigan is fine. It's the rest of the forwards who need to lift their game (except Haas). Also surely Kev won't allow this one out rubbish we served up all year. Can't do much when no one else is doing the work and there is no support.

Carrigan is fine. It's the rest of the forwards who need to lift their game (except Haas). Also surely Kev won't allow this one out rubbish we served up all year. Can't do much when no one else is doing the work and there is no support.

Haas doesn't have to lift his game?

1. Isaako (gross)
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Copley (vomit)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Macca
15. Flegler
16. Lodge
17. Riki

It's pretty slim pickings, especially as this is a Round 1 best case scenario where everyone except Staggs is actually fit. Imagine how bad it's going to look by Round 10 when we have guys missing.

Isaako, Oates, Copley, Milford and Glenn are all arguably there because no one else is really available. When nearly half your starting team is made up of guys who are there by default that doesn't bode well at all.

Macca wasn't brought back by our choice. He still had a player option with us and we would have to pay him out or release him.

He should definitely be starting his hit ups from further back. Not that far back but I’d love to see him on a kick return.
Hope he is good under the highball if he is I say we do it

1. Isaako (gross)
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Copley (vomit)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Macca
15. Flegler
16. Lodge
17. Riki

It's pretty slim pickings, especially as this is a Round 1 best case scenario where everyone except Staggs is actually fit. Imagine how bad it's going to look by Round 10 when we have guys missing.

Isaako, Oates, Copley, Milford and Glenn are all arguably there because no one else is really available. When nearly half your starting team is made up of guys who are there by default that doesn't bode well at all.
Seems like a life time ago that Wayne Bennett told Steve Renouf that he believed the team he was about to coach in 2019 would go close to winning the competition, what happened.

Have you even seen a game lately?

Oates is walking butterfingers, and Carrigan has been carrying our team.

Isaako can work at fullback in my view if given a full preseason to prepare plays which he hasn't since he joined us, he is also one of the most powerful kickers in the game and him being at 1 can give us more kicking options as it's been a massive weakpoint for us, he is a wasted kicking option if he is an outside back.

Can Farnworth play fullback?
Apparently but I haven't seen any footage of it, Given the type of player he is, he would be a very hands on 1 but unclear on his ball skills.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.