Round 1 Lineup

I think part of the issue is how different people define or view forgiveness. For some folks it means accepting the behaviour, but for others it doesn't. For me, I will never 'forgive' Lodge for what he has done as it is just not OK, and inexcusable. However it was years ago and by all reports in the last few years he has been a model citizen. So I have no problem letting Lodge play footy now, and even being captain if he earns it, we must judge him now on his behaviour now.
I'll not forgive him for what he did as it's not OK, but I won't punish him for the rest of his life for it either.

That said, there is only one thing the perpetrator can do after something like this and that is work tirelessly to turn your life around and make amends. For some, this still won't redeem him in their eyes and as I said, that is fine and reasonable too
I'll always think people like that are judgemental holier than thou losers. No one is perfect, and everyone deserves a second chance. I think people who still bang on about Lodge are usually the types that have a pretty shit underbelly themselves so judge others to feel better about themselves.

I'll always think people like that are judgemental holier than thou losers. No one is perfect, and everyone deserves a second chance. I think people who still bang on about Lodge are usually the types that have a pretty shit underbelly themselves so judge others to feel better about themselves.
In principle and for the most part in practice I agree with you. Rehabilitation is or at least should be the goal for offenders in any civilised society.

That said, I'm sure Lodge's actions may be much harder to forgive or forget about if your personal experiences with behaviour like that have altered your personal perspective on the event. I'm careful to try not to judge those people either because I've not walked in those shoes and I accept that it may be much harder for them to accept it than it is for me.

As I said, he only has one path to redemption for most, if not all people, and he to his credit at least appears to be trying to walk it as best he can now.

If Lodge stays, there may even be a chance that Carrigan plays in the 2nd Row. He has good feet and will stiffen up the defence. I think this is a good idea, at least until Riki gains exposure/experience. I am not confident of Oates as a starter (maybe Bench) and would not be surprised if Glenn is slowly removed from the team.
A 2nd Row combo of Tevita and Carrigan may be the way to go. Either can then move into front Row rotation if we have any injuries or if experience is needed

It would make more sense to have Haas in the second row then Carrigan in my view, I don't see much footwork and speed from Carrigan at all.

I think TPJ and Asiata will probably duck into the 2nd row on occasion though, our current lineup does look like we could potentially get rid of lodge atm, he is on decent money for a forward but he is looking to be a bench prop by the looks of things.

It would make more sense to have Haas in the second row then Carrigan in my view, I don't see much footwork and speed from Carrigan at all.

I think TPJ and Asiata will probably duck into the 2nd row on occasion though, our current lineup does look like we could potentially get rid of lodge atm, he is on decent money for a forward but he is looking to be a bench prop by the looks of things.

Im not having that. You could play Patty at fullback and he would be a cross between Locky, K.Hunt and RTS with his speed, vision, footwork and ball playing ability.

If Lodge stays, there may even be a chance that Carrigan plays in the 2nd Row. He has good feet and will stiffen up the defence. I think this is a good idea, at least until Riki gains exposure/experience. I am not confident of Oates as a starter (maybe Bench) and would not be surprised if Glenn is slowly removed from the team.
A 2nd Row combo of Tevita and Carrigan may be the way to go. Either can then move into front Row rotation if we have any injuries or if experience is needed
Agree with all of that except TPJ on the edge. He's a middle to me Asiata would be better than TPJ if required

wired jim carrey GIF

“Lodge is the greatest prop of this generation and the only reason you don’t want him at the club is because of your soft underbelly”

Current list of players reported to be on TRAIN AND TRIAL CONTRACTS

Albert Kelly
Logan Bayliss-Brow
Brendan Frei
Calum Gahan
Ben Nakubuwai
Leivaha Pulu
Issac Luke

Albert Kelly
Logan Bayliss-Brow
Brendan Frei
Calum Gahan
Ben Nakubuwai
Leivaha Pulu
Issac Luke

Frei imo could be useful with our current squad. I reckon if he gets an opportunity he could have a year like Reed did for us when he first came in.

Albert Kelly
Logan Bayliss-Brow
Brendan Frei
Calum Gahan
Ben Nakubuwai
Leivaha Pulu
Issac Luke

But what does @upthebroncs think though? His extensive knowledge is needed here. Especially to find out if any should NOT be signed.

INJURY UPDATE

Staggs (ACL): resume running after Christmas, return in April.
Flegler (shoulder): round one
Macca (hamstring): round one

Might be a bit left field but i wouldn't be surprised to see kevie do something a bit different round one. From all reports he views TPJ as a middle forward and he's been impressive at training. Likewise Asiata appears to be viewed as preferred lock and he has spoken about lodge been a forwards leader.

Wouldn't be suprised to see TPJ as starting front frow along with lodge and Asiata as lock with Hass coming off the bench. At least for the early rounds. Hass and Carrigan both don't return until next year and both would be absolutely battered mentally and physically from 2020. Kevie may want to ease them into the year and make the older guys pull their weight and lead the pack like they fucking should be.

If the starting front row with their experience can't stand up then show them the door, we shouldn't be needing to rely on 21 year olds with under 50 games of experience with these other guys in the squad. Those two coming off the bench would be a handy little interchange.

Might be a bit left field but i wouldn't be surprised to see kevie do something a bit different round one. From all reports he views TPJ as a middle forward and he's been impressive at training. Likewise Asiata appears to be viewed as preferred lock and he has spoken about lodge been a forwards leader.

Wouldn't be suprised to see TPJ as starting front frow along with lodge and Asiata as lock with Hass coming off the bench. At least for the early rounds. Hass and Carrigan both don't return until next year and both would be absolutely battered mentally and physically from 2020. Kevie may want to ease them into the year and make the older guys pull their weight and lead the pack like they fucking should be.

If the starting front row with their experience can't stand up then show them the door, we shouldn't be needing to rely on 21 year olds with under 50 games of experience with these other guys in the squad. Those two coming off the bench would be a handy little interchange.

8. Lodge
10. TPJ
13. Asiata

Isn't the worst starting line up, especially with Haas coming off the bench and providing some actual punch again. I like it, to start with.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Strop
  • Yem
  • MrMoore
  • Brotherdu
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Socnorb
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Spooky1013
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • RodF
  • broncs30
  • Wolfie
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.