Round 1 Lineup

Watched Norths v Tweed and Jets v Souths this morning.

Walsh two nice little kicks for tries- heavily involved- handled it again.

Hetherington did a lot of defence. Matterson loves him and his defence could be a bench spot.

Kelly didn’t do too much a few nice kicks

Tass not involved at all but Souths dropped a lot of ball. Not an ideal night to be a centre.

James tried really hard but Souths played a big squad.

Hunt- bad head cut and didn’t come back on.

Dude, where can we watch this?

I think the biggest let down and missed opportunity of this off-season was Kurt Mann.

Leadership, experience, work ethic, 1%ers, and a better bench hooker/left centre/half/and fullback then anyone competing for those spots. If Isaako stinks it up Mann drops straight back to fullback, if our defence outwide is struggling he goes to left centre with Herbie to wing, and if Paix can’t relieve Turpin he plays hooker.

Spewing that we let that opportunity pass.

I think the biggest let down and missed opportunity of this off-season was Kurt Mann.

Leadership, experience, work ethic, 1%ers, and a better bench hooker/left centre/half/and fullback then anyone competing for those spots. If Isaako stinks it up Mann drops straight back to fullback, if our defence outwide is struggling he goes to left centre with Herbie to wing, and if Paix can’t relieve Turpin he plays hooker.

Spewing that we let that opportunity pass.

Does anyone know what happened with this? Was it ever actually a chance of happening? @Smokin Joe?

Last edited:
I don' watch a lot of ISC. But just out of interest is there not a fullback better than Isaako in the entire comp?

As I said, it’s his job to organise the frontline, no one else’s.

And you may be willing to say Isaako had a good game because he looked decent in attack, and in doing so, completely disregard how shit he was in defence.

But defence wins games, so I couldn’t give a shit if he looked like Tedesco in attack. His defence was so awful in that second half, he cost us far too many points. Points not even Tedesco level attack would cover.
I think we have lots of players who may be first grade standard in attack but are not in defence. But it the biggest issue is our systems. They haven't changed and the team do not defend as a cohesive unit. Attack looked better last night in patches but the defense is still soft up the middle with markers getting caught out regularly, horrible on the left edge, and no line speed. I'm surprised at the lack of progression in this regard. It did look a little bit better when Turpin was on the field.

For me Oates has to be considered on the wing and be told he either meets the expected standards on the wing or he plays reserve grade. He is not a first grade second rower at this stage and it's not in our interest to try and make him one. We could get a better one for less money.

I don' watch a lot of ISC. But just out of interest is there not a fullback better than Isaako in the entire comp?

It was a real position of strength a couple of years ago- Take round one 2018.

Falcons- Papenhuyzen
Mapgies- Allen
Bears- Rowe
Cutters- Hynes
Townsville- Anderson
Tigers- Drinkwater
Devils- Ahearn
Jets- Purcell

It's not as strong now for some reason. See what clubs throw out this year soon but I don't think it's as strong anymore no.

Hetherington did a lot of defence. Matterson loves him and his defence could be a bench spot.

Kelly didn’t do too much a few nice kicks

Tass not involved at all but Souths dropped a lot of ball. Not an ideal night to be a centre.

James tried really hard but Souths played a big squad.

Hunt- bad head cut and didn’t come back on.

Sorry missed Walsh's pass for Denny's first try in my report- long cut out pass to the left.

Broncos forward Tom Flegler has been charged by the NRL Judiciary. The charge carries a one-week suspension if found guilty but Flegler will escape suspension with an early plea. Broncos are yet to decide whether to challenge.

Last edited:

Falcons- Papenhuyzen
Mapgies- Allen
Bears- Rowe
Cutters- Hynes
Townsville- Anderson
Tigers- Drinkwater
Devils- Ahearn
Jets- Purcell

It's not as strong now for some reason. See what clubs throw out this year soon but I don't think it's as strong anymore no.
Looks like he needs another good year in the ISC, but I think Selwyn Cobbo might be worth watching.

Looks like he needs another good year in the ISC, but I think Selwyn Cobbo might be worth watching.

He hasn’t had one year yet. He’s only played Colts.

He backed up Robati and scored last night. Robati was strong again.

Last edited:

Falcons- Papenhuyzen
Mapgies- Allen
Bears- Rowe
Cutters- Hynes
Townsville- Anderson
Tigers- Drinkwater
Devils- Ahearn
Jets- Purcell

Was that correct the Storm had a look at Purcell on a train and trial deal along with Grant mate? I reckon Jordan could be one of those players the Storm turns into a very good player.

Was that correct the Storm had a look at Purcell on a train and trial deal along with Grant mate? I reckon Jordan could be one of those players the Storm turns into a very good player.

He has done a few weeks down there.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  • HarryAllan7
  • Organix
  • heartly87
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncsNBundy
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Rowdy124
  • LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.