vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Arrow sticking around and to be honest, from what i've seen of him, he seems sorta like a David Staff / Fensom type player and with his lack of size i'm not sure we need him. Even if Mcguire ends up taking a big offer somewhere else, we have TPJ whos preferred position is lock, as well as Su'a and Fai waiting in the wings.

Yeah we have some choices To make in the next few Years, Hopefully wayne chooses Right.

Can't see Ofahengaue starting.

Just can't see him going from not playing NRL for a while at all after being dropped half way through the season to starting.
Not the point... it's about who fits the bill better after we lost Parker and Wallace. Ofa is hands down a better option as a starter than Ese.

I can't see Arrow sticking around and to be honest, from what i've seen of him, he seems sorta like a David Staff / Fensom type player and with his lack of size i'm not sure we need him. Even if Mcguire ends up taking a big offer somewhere else, we have TPJ whos preferred position is lock, as well as Su'a and Fai waiting in the wings.
189cm and 101kg, the guy's midget.

Exactly, We need to remember Offa wasn't in the team most of last year. Whether that was to get more minutes in reserve grade or not, matter of fact is Sims was playing 50min of first grade each week while Offa was in reserves. Remember two of our reserves (wallace and glenn/thaiday depending who started) were getting 40 minutes a game from the bench, so it's not impossible for him to have gotten those minutes if he was good enough.

We still need experience on the bench sims and glenn provide that , so start offa then bring on sims

Not the point... it's about who fits the bill better after we lost Parker and Wallace. Ofa is hands down a better option as a starter than Ese.
Of course he is a better starter than Ese, but Ese isn't even considered as being a starter. Is he a better starter than Sims? No. Did parker start? yes. Did wallace start? No. Thus we have 1 new player starting (sims) and one new player on the bench. Now is offa a better bench prospect than Ese? Hard to say. They offer different things and it will come down to what Wayne chooses.

Neither would start over Blair, McGuire or Sims

Karmichael Hunt, Boyd, Meninga and Hancock.

You cant exactly put backs on the bench in first grade. Either they start of they don't play. You have that luxury with forwards however.

Of course he is a better starter than Ese, but Ese isn't even considered as being a starter. Is he a better starter than Sims? No. Did parker start? yes. Did wallace start? No. Thus we have 1 new player starting (sims) and one new player on the bench. Now is offa a better bench prospect than Ese? Hard to say. They offer different things and it will come down to what Wayne chooses.
Why is Sims a better starter? Because he did at the worst club in the NRL?

You cant exactly put backs on the bench in first grade. Either they start of they don't play. You have that luxury with forwards however.

Lockyer started on the bench.

Why is Sims a better starter? Because he did at the worst club in the NRL?

In all fairness, Offa had a chance to start last year and didn't make a single hit up. Not one fucking hit up

In all fairness, Offa had a chance to start last year and didn't make a single hit up. Not one fucking hit up
Yeah I don't understand why everyone loves Offa so much... He has moments of solidness. Never have a been blown away by a performance of his, but several times have I thought 'How is this guy in first grade?'

I remember watching the game and being livid how I had made as many hitups as him... haha

Lockyer started on the bench.

I would rate it much easier back then when we had the equivalent QLD and Australian side running out for us. Like I said, he doesn't like to start inexperienced forwards unless he is forced to. Its the same philosophy with his bench too. He likes to have at least 2-3 experienced forwards on the field at all times and has dropped certain players back to the bench to strengthen the bench at times.

I think you'll see Offa start. Well i think it would be best for our bench to do so.

In '15, we had Dodds coming onto the field as a defensive juggernaut to keep the middle tight when Blair needed a breather.. Sims has showed he's ready to play a Blair sort of game. Hit hard and mungral the 1%ers.

Offa is a starting kinda prop. We've all talked about it before. I think his trial form showed he's in a far hungrier head space to last year. He needs to start eating metres and a LOT of them.

The bench will have Glenn or Thaiday depending on form - my money is Glenn (recent shoulder rehab considered + last year as a president)

The other spots right now will go to whichever two bench props step up. Essesesesesee and TPJ seem the most likely. But as stated by our insiders, there may be a smokey.

I don't think we will have a utility for the first few rounds. Kodi and Benji I'm not sure will be ready.. but we are a few weeks out - who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.