Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Manly is always a danger game for us. Hope we smash them though.

New game. Who can throw the most blatant forward passes against us that the ref just lets go. The current title belongs to the pearler from Manly last year that went 30m sideways and 10 metres forward. Can they back it up?

Unlucky with Trbo returning just in time to rip in but a few of the players are being monitored for covid so this might impact them throughout the week.

While I'm riding a positive Broncos wave. This was last years Magic Round team. I dead set like 5 of these players. An entire year later and I like 16 of them. What we've done with this squad is nothing short of amazing.
1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Xavier Coates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Jesse Arthars
5. Corey Oates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tyson Gamble
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Jordan Riki
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
13. Thomas Flegler
14. Danny Levi
15. John Asiata
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Rhys Kennedy
18. Keenan Palasia

Team next week🙏
1. Martin
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble ( but want Walters)
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Paix
10. Hass
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington
14. Mam (He could be absolutely anything)
15. Jensen
16. Flegler
17. Palasia

Come The Rock GIF by WWE

Supposed to be a fair bit of rain around next weekend, given there’s a game before hand it should somewhat negate Turbo. It will come down to Reynolds v Cherry-Evans and who can help their team out more.

Team next week🙏
1. Martin
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble ( but want Walters)
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Paix
10. Hass
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington
14. Mam (He could be absolutely anything)
15. Jensen
16. Flegler
17. Palasia
Not a bad team and i agree with most of it, but I personally don't think we need Mam in the NRL just yet. The more games he can play with Mozer and Gray in q cup, the better all 3 of them could become IMO.

I'd stick with B.Walters/Paix combo at 9, with Gamble at 6 and Martin at 1 for this match, and the short to medium term future. And let them all gain some consistency for now.

What does the middle look like next week?
8. Carrigan
10. Haas
13. Hetherington
15. Flegler
16. Jensen

Would be a shame for either Kennedy Palasia to miss out they’ve really improved
I think I'm taking Kennedy over Palasia at the moment... Palasia is a bit more of a grind it out forward, but for that third forward we need impact.

The issue we have with that kind of bench is not having a back up second rower, which is what Palasia can cover (at a stretch...).

Maybe TC gets it again purely for that?? I think TC has struggled a little in the middle so far this year though.

I'm not sure if I want Manly to be over confident coming into this game (by smashing tigers this week)... or really having to scrap out a tough match (coming in shaky and unassured about their game).

It will be interesting to see how Turbo comes back.

He was struggling a bit before his injury as the loss of 6 agains was giving him less room to move out on the edges... defensive teams were allowed to reset off penalties rather than retreating and having a fast paced attack coming at them.

6 agains inside the opposition 50m are less effective as the defensive line isn't really as stressed with less field to defend.

I think our edge defence, whilst looking scratchy, is typically picking the right times to come up and in and putting pressure on the sweep plays, which is Turbo's bread and butter... if we can keep the middle defence tight then Manly will only have the sweep play.

The Manly middles also haven't looked as potent... although I can see that Dylan Walker and Aloiai are back, but they're missing Paseka. Here's hoping they're bringing them back a bit underdone and they're still carrying niggling injuries next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Strop
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Porthoz
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.