# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
TMM has been quiet but our defence improved so
Immediately once he replaced Niu that I’m scared to see what happens if he isn’t there.

I get the excitement around Cobbo but I do think that’s probably taking for granted some of the marvellous work TMM has done in marshalling our defence since he came into the side. It’s a grossly underrated aspect of Fullback play and Martin’s delivered in spades in that regard.
Totally get that but if we're to be a good team we have to be able to play next man up, any player can jump in and pick up from the last guy.

We looked pretty bloody good with Tesi for his last half before he got injured. I think it's unfair he's tarred just because of the timing (not that I want to see him back)

I want to see if they can play well with disruption because that's where we can start to see if it's a blip or a genuine foundation being built of classy football.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone else coming to the realisation that Adam Reynolds is actually an even better player than we might have thought he was?

I was honestly going to be satisfied if he simply steered us around the park and helped us get in a position to regularly let our attacking players create points, but I honestly never expected him to contribute in every aspect of our performance the way he has.

I don’t think it’s a huge overstatement to suggest we might have grabbed ourselves perhaps a Top 3 player in the game for what can only be described as an absolute bargain at this point.
Absolutely. I had Reynolds guiding us into the red zone and then it would be up to our strike players to score. I imagined it would be Tesi/Jamayne or Kelly/Gamble who would be leading the way once Reynolds got us there.

Instead he's the one laying on the tries or scoring then himself.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Did he even touch the ball?
To be fair both their Edges hardly saw the ball. It’s a position we usually get skinned in defensively but Manly never even really fired a shot on either Edge all night.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Interesting, Herbie hiding a little behind the huddle in the celebration there.
He was in the centre of it almost for a bit, but I get the feeling he wasnt enjoying the water, as he stuck his head under a towel.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Absolutely. I had Reynolds guiding us into the red zone and then it would be up to our strike players to score. I imagined it would be Tesi/Jamayne or Kelly/Gamble who would be leading the way once Reynolds got us there.

Instead he's the one laying on the tries or scoring then himself.

He's just so good. Best 7 in rugby league anywhere.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Alright @Foordy I'll park my Kevvie doubting - that was a well prepped team for wet conditions. I'll pay it where it's due.
In truth, it ended up being a far less wet game than it had any right to be given the downpour all day.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Hope they are reassessing Haas’ value. No way you can justify paying a prop more than 800-850k, especially with the forward depth we have.
I know he racks up the big numbers but I greatly prefer what Patty and Tom bring to the field, in defence, and especially attack. Patty is reminding me of a young Ray Price, and Flegs is trying to emulate TPJ but his workrate is higher.

If I had to let one of them go, it would be Payne. I would spend the savings on retaining Cobbo and Oates.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
He's just so good. Best 7 in rugby league anywhere.
That’s just the thing though, you (almost) have to feel bad for Souths because at this point we’re seeing a level of performance that even they could be forgiven for not realising Reynolds had in him at this point in his career. He’s gone to another level in 2022 and I’d argue virtually no one could have seen that coming.

If I was Fittler I certainly wouldn’t be changing a winning formula but the truth is Reynolds has Cleary pretty comfortably covered on form at this point.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Totally get that but if we're to be a good team we have to be able to play next man up, any player can jump in and pick up from the last guy.

We looked pretty bloody good with Tesi for his last half before he got injured. I think it's unfair he's tarred just because of the timing (not that I want to see him back)

I want to see if they can play well with disruption because that's where we can start to see if it's a blip or a genuine foundation being built of classy football.
I don’t think it’s unfair. Niu was horrendous in all facets of defence. Scared of the high ball, constantly
out position, unable to organise defence.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I know he racks up the big numbers but I greatly prefer what Patty and Tom bring to the field, in defence, and especially attack. Patty is reminding me of a young Ray Price, and Flegs is trying to emulate TPJ but his workrate is higher.

If I had to let one of them go, it would be Payne. I would spend the savings on retaining Cobbo and Oates.
Can’t say I agree here. Payne Haas is in far, far more last ditch defensive efforts than he really gets credit for. His consistency and work rate is the best for any middle Forward in the game and to underrate the value of that and it’s impact on our performances would be pretty shortsighted indeed.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Canga
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • PeterBarne
  • Swordfish
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.