POST GAME Round 10 - Broncos vs Roosters

LGH

NYC Player
We aren't missing a single thing. We have gained, not lost.
Eh. Can’t agree totally there. We are missing Bird. He was having a red hot crack. I’d prefer he was still in. We’d still have Staggs in playing for Roberts, which would be better than Gehamat playing. And of-course I prefer Turps/Sege to Macca, so no loss there.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Eh. Can’t agree totally there. We are missing Bird. He was having a red hot crack. I’d prefer he was still in. We’d still have Staggs in playing for Roberts, which would be better than Gehamat playing. And of-course I prefer Turps/Sege to Macca, so no loss there.
I think he was just talking about Macca/Turps, not the whole side.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Does anyone else think Boyd's turnaround in form is thanks to Seibold sticking by him publicly?

I never thought he was physically past it, it seem like he was mentally just not in the game but the past 3 or so weeks his attitude really turned around.

I hope it's not just a temporary patch but rather a return to his best form because at his best Boyd is a top tier player, at his worst... He shouldn't be in the team.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I was only talking about McCullough.......

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Does anyone else think Boyd's turnaround in form is thanks to Seibold sticking by him publicly?

I never thought he was physically past it, it seem like he was mentally just not in the game but the past 3 or so weeks his attitude really turned around.

I hope it's not just a temporary patch but rather a return to his best form because at his best Boyd is a top tier player, at his worst... He shouldn't be in the team.
Possibly. When you're being hammered left right and centre, it can have an impact on your confidence and mental state. Then to have someone back you and stand by you, it can give you a boost. But I would like to think that Seibold has given Boyd an ultimatum telling him he needs to improve.

Boyd was never physically past it, he can still do the shit he was doing 3-4 years ago. His problems have been mental, whatever they are.

I would like to think he has turned a corner, but I also think the past couple of weeks could just be pure emotion which you can't run on forever. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Alec

International Rep
The highlight of the match for me was when Boyd put his body on the line (!) and stopped Ikuvalu from scoring in the corner, then when the boys came to congratulate him they trapped Ikuvalu in the middle of their celebratory group hug.
Gold, lads.
Yeah, I remember that moment. He was surrounded by like 6 players in a circle, that was great. He seemed to take it well.

Dee

QCup Player
Sydney

Yep. It's definitely all in his head, all mental. The guys still a top tier fullback.

pagey

NRL Captain
Flegler will get his rest during the bye and Carrigan will get a spot during Origin. God I hope they don't burn out, we need them to grow this year and be better for next season.
Can't expect them not to in there first season, especially forwards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter