Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I'm not sure but it looked like he made everyone of his tackles count. I cant remember him misiing one or falling off one. And that tackle towards the end on latrine was not rewarded as latrine deadset knocked on but the refs let play go on. there was a few weird calls at the death. How they found another set of six on the Rorters' last tackle will forever remain a mystery to me.

Yea that was complete and utter shit.

Although not the same tackling technique (due to the evolution of the game), the way turpin throws his smaller frame into tackles and connects with the opposition reminds me a little of trevor "the axe" gillmeister. In saying that i am now referring to turpin as jake "the jackhammer" turpin.
Segs did one when he first came on that absolutely snapped JWH (I think) one on one. I said to my son that is how we were taught to tackle when I was a young bloke and mentioned "The Axe". Was great to watch.

Still pissed off that Offa penalty on Cronk. There was no way that was going to be awarded until he started wrestling Offa and Critchon came in, the ref started running up the field and had to come back to defuse the situation.

He's turned into a whingy NSW **** now.
Yep, I'm still miffed at what the fucking problem was with that. Didn't even hit his fucking legs.

Still pissed off that Offa penalty on Cronk. There was no way that was going to be awarded until he started wrestling Offa and Critchon came in, the ref started running up the field and had to come back to defuse the situation.

It was a stupid move by offa tho, they were kicking from deep in their own half. Pressure sure but no need to go for the legs.

Boyd worst on ground again? He had his one decent game for the season, probably thought he didn't need to do anything tonight.

Also, how many chances does Shibasaki get? Every game he's bloody trash. Bloke is completely useless. Almost cost us the game with his late knock on and brought literally nothing for the other 79 minutes.
[automerge]1558114361[/automerge]

How does Dearden get 2? He was basically a passenger. Milford was great tonight.
[automerge]1558114753[/automerge]

The knock on with 5 minutes to go wasn't great. I don't think it was so much him containig Mitchell either. The roosters were off tonight. Our forwards were fantastic and Milford kicked very well. Shibasaki doesn't bring anything to the team. That knock on was very close to game changing. He may as well not be on the field in attack...
I thought after a shaky start with those terrible passes, boyd was ok, and as captain was sending the right messages to his teammates. He quickly cut out those passes in his play and got on with things. It wasn't his best game but there were worse out there. There were more than a few errors from nearly all our players. Some led to changes of possession, some didn't. As I said earlier, it looked rusty and disjointed but with the maintenance of pressure on their opponents and their willingness to defend, they wrestled control from a well-drilled side and worthy premiership favourites.
There was no single error that was particularly worse than any other, apart from Offa's brain fade. I disagree with the idea of hooking him like some commentators suggested ( it was born out of over-enthusiasm, rather than negligence), but I'm sure a warning will be sent to him this week by the coach about it.
Most of the players people are praising did not play 80 minutes and therefore will naturally look a little better than those that didn't on the field. Likewise, players like saguaro who played only 20 minutes or less will look positively electric. Don't get me wrong, they were good, but it's important not to try and expect an 80-minute player to do the same as the fellow who's done 20 minutes (otherwise why play with interchanges at all?).
I hope we have learnt the value of discipline and patience, from this game. It is what has got us over the line. It is the difference between forcing a mistake from an opponent, deep in their own half or making one in ours. Likewise, the willingness to defend needs to be replicated. These are attitude driven, and their continuance will be sorely tested when we play away. That is the next goal.

I've never been so happy to be wrong. Turpin was stinking it up for Redcliffe and I didn't think he had it in him but he was impressive last night. The hyperbole needs to end, but he was a lot better than last week. Segeyaro was a signing I wasn't sure about due to his off field behavior only. He was obviously always going to be an asset to the Broncos. Macca might be done for us but I think he deserves some respect on here, as he wasn't the cause of the problem. Having a bench option would have made him a different player as well. Dearden really impressed me with his defense. I don't think I saw him fall off many tackles at all.

Boyd is showing why he's our captain again. That set of six that we held them down in their twenty he was hyping the boys up hard. He's always spoke a lot on the field but they're finally getting behind him. Notice the difference when we hold onto the ball and don't make Boyd attempt unnecessary tackles? We win fucking games. In saying that we still have a couple of dumb players putting us under pressure we don't need to be under. Ofa..

In regards to the "I told you so's", Seibold absolutely deserved criticism, the same way Boyd, Macca, Isaako, Ofa and Nikorima did. I do think some of it was misdirected as people were looking for scapegoats, I just hope the next few weeks aren't filled with the same bullshit and we can celebrate a few more wins.

I have egg all over my face right now. I'm so embarrassed and you know what? I fucking love it!!!!!!

I said we'd lose this game but boy, was I wrong and I definitely underestimated the spirit of our boys. Fucking wow. Absolutely amazing performance. We gritted it out with a pretty average attacking game but our defense was enormous.

So happy and proud of our team and club right now. Hopefully this win can turn our season around. We beat the best and we did it in a very tough and hard way.

The Broncos spirit is still ALIVE!!!!!
Well said Dee ,I just sat through that game also, happily eating my words one after another, It wasn't winning ugly it was all effort and attitude . Now that's what gives you opportunity and momentum ,and their was some real heart in some of those performances, and there's so much room for improvement. Haas was superb and TPJ 's offloads were great ,and Segeyaro is the spark in attack we desperately needed. Have been waiting for this all year, well done boys , you need to back this up though and show us that belief.!! keep that spirit alive GO THE BRONCOS

A few times when we won a turnover in their 20-30 I pointed out to my misses young Deardon waving his arms to all and sundry to remain calm. I mean an 18 year-old in his third game behaving like the veteran Cronk. That sort of presence of mind can't be coached. Someone else mentioned how he also had the presence of mind to walk forward after playing the ball to Segs so he could not be pinged for obstruction. That was the exact excuse the ref was looking for when he sent it upstairs. They way he changed positioning as the pass was thrown to be on the defender's outside shoulder and give Gillo a saloon passage to the line was Lockyer like and it was just a pity Gillo spilled his lollies as it was a great 'try' assist.

On a different note. Why did that Ch9 chic call him a redhead? First up he's blonde and what does it matter what colour hair he has? He doesn't reply to her saying 'for a bottle blonde your observations were a bit off' silly woman.

That pissed me off too, it was soft as shit. I don't like grubbiness but halves need to understand that they're not a protected species. There wasn't anything wrong with what Ofa did IMO.

Seibold's great strength is showing he has some sack and vision. I like what I am seeing.

Yea that was complete and utter shit.

On two occasions I believe the refs tried to even up bad call against us.
This was one and there was another but it escapes me right now.

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Allo
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.