Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

To anyone commenting about Fifita’s minutes look at his actual impact on the game itself. Both sides forwards at the 20 minute mark were rightfully cooked, having someone damaging like Fifita come on with a full tank was a master stroke. Evidenced by the set where we were well contained and looked like needing an amazing kick to salvage anything and he breaks a tackle and runs 30, you don’t do that with tired legs.

Seibs has copped shit for his bench use but last night it was perfect, summed up how they game was going and made all the right changes.

Did Oates even play?

Everybody else had a blinder, that we barely noticed our MVP wingers contribution.

It was a stupid move by offa tho, they were kicking from deep in their own half. Pressure sure but no need to go for the legs.
Watch a replay. The play the ball was fucking atrocious (and could easily have been pulled up) which meant offa was able to get the extra couple of steps in and get right to Cronk as he kicked. Contact was not late, high, take the legs or put the kicker in a dangerous position. It was a bullshit penalty.

Watch a replay. The play the ball was fucking atrocious (and could easily have been pulled up) which meant offa was able to get the extra couple of steps in and get right to Cronk as he kicked. Contact was not late, high, take the legs or put the kicker in a dangerous position. It was a bullshit penalty.

But he ignored the unwritten rule of ‘Princess Cronk is to remain untouched”.

We need to give Glenn and Gillett a lot of credit. Glenn especially had a brilliant game and was back to free running that he had back in 2015. Gillet was also rock solid. Their work rate and decisions in defense was excellent IMO.

Last edited:
I refrained from posting last night because the emotion was so high. That performance was coming and the intensity and effort in all facets on both sides of the ball is now the yard stick for this group. For those saying Roosters were off, I disagree. They were good tonight and Jesus can they defend under pressure. The game had a semi final feel once it hit 6-6 we had to match their level and we did. I wouldn't look into any outside backs as this wasn't the game for them - neither side could create any volume in attack or break the game open. So it is harsh to criticise.
The game was quick and played in the middle and you saw the dominance of our pack. I was called out earlier in the week for saying so, but it was there for all to see.
Kotoni Staggs, take a bow and welcome to the big time. You are an animal.
Also I can't speak for anyone else on here, but for me, I'm absolutely in awe of Payne Haas. Reminds me of a combination of Taumalolo and Jake Trbojevic in everything he does. My favourite player in the league right now.

Performances like that remind me why I fell in love with this club...

Love how you have no idea what they should do, but know exactly what they shouldn't do... Lol

Fifita got the game time tonight that we needed. Other games bench players get more, sometimes they get less. There is no 'perfect' number as it depends entirely on the game situation.

Hope you're starting to defrost that humble pie, with your earlier comments about Seibold's coaching ability...

As I’ve said all along, I hope I’m wrong. Being 4 and 6 and beating a team we beat twice last year doesn’t have me shouting it from the mountain top yet. But I’ve been saying I want a win over a big scalp this season and there’s no bigger scalp than the roosters so it’s a good start. Hopefully we carry it into next week.

5. Siebolds first few moves in his 5 year squad rebuild have been on the money; was right in dropping Jamayne and Jimmy, called up Dearden at the right time and then the inspired signing of Segeyaro....our recruitment and retention policy has been below par for years, but I sense things are starting to really change..
Bang on for most of your points but the guys who stood up and carried us tonight were signed over the last few years. It's just that it takes a long time from recruiting the right guys coming through to when they're first grade ready.

I've never been so happy to be wrong. Turpin was stinking it up for Redcliffe and I didn't think he had it in him but he was impressive last night. The hyperbole needs to end, but he was a lot better than last week. Segeyaro was a signing I wasn't sure about due to his off field behavior only. He was obviously always going to be an asset to the Broncos. Macca might be done for us but I think he deserves some respect on here, as he wasn't the cause of the problem. Having a bench option would have made him a different player as well. Dearden really impressed me with his defense. I don't think I saw him fall off many tackles at all.

Boyd is showing why he's our captain again. That set of six that we held them down in their twenty he was hyping the boys up hard. He's always spoke a lot on the field but they're finally getting behind him. Notice the difference when we hold onto the ball and don't make Boyd attempt unnecessary tackles? We win fucking games. In saying that we still have a couple of dumb players putting us under pressure we don't need to be under. Ofa..

In regards to the "I told you so's", Seibold absolutely deserved criticism, the same way Boyd, Macca, Isaako, Ofa and Nikorima did. I do think some of it was misdirected as people were looking for scapegoats, I just hope the next few weeks aren't filled with the same bullshit and we can celebrate a few more wins.
Also bang on but good luck with the bolded part. The internet was literally founded on hyperbole, along with an all-too-common misuse of the word literally.

I refrained from posting last night because the emotion was so high. That performance was coming and the intensity and effort in all facets on both sides of the ball is now the yard stick for this group. For those saying Roosters were off, I disagree. They were good tonight and Jesus can they defend under pressure. The game had a semi final feel once it hit 6-6 we had to match their level and we did. I wouldn't look into any outside backs as this wasn't the game for them - neither side could create any volume in attack or break the game open. So it is harsh to criticise.
The game was quick and played in the middle and you saw the dominance of our pack. I was called out earlier in the week for saying so, but it was there for all to see.
Kotoni Staggs, take a bow and welcome to the big time. You are an animal.
Also I can't speak for anyone else on here, but for me, I'm absolutely in awe of Payne Haas. Reminds me of a combination of Taumalolo and Jake Trbojevic in everything he does. My favourite player in the league right now.

Performances like that remind me why I fell in love with this club...

On kotoni staggs, how bad was the timing of his double cramp... We had them on the ropes.

Am I the only person who thinks there was no way in hell Tedesco actually grounded the ball for his try? I noticed when the video ref was talking through the play he said “and the roosters maintained possession” with no mention to the grounding of the ball.

Imagine the emotions of Macca sitting in the coaches box. He must be one nervous individual right now and would be on the phone to his manager
I thought the same. At one point I thought they went to him and he was rubbing his face, looked pretty unhappy for a guy whose team was giving it a red hot crack.

Last edited:
Am I the only person who thinks there was no way in hell Tedesco actually grounded the ball for his try? I noticed when the video ref was talking through the play he said “and the roosters maintained possession” with no mention to the grounding of the ball.
No, I thought his arm grounded short and then rolled on to the defenders arm rising over the line and never falling back to the ground at any stage.

Wanted to give Dearden some credit after giving him my 2 votes. He is coming along really nicely on that right side
I just like that he’s confident in what he’s doing and that lets Milford do what he wants. Milf has been a different player since Dearden came in. I’m sure Turps/Sege have something to do with it too.

Few thoughts on last night's game.

- I was infuriated when Joe O gave away that penalty on Cronk. Even though it was probably a questionable call, that changed the momentum and we we're fortunate to wrestle it back.

- Turpin is already light years ahead of Macca. Seibold has a huge decision to make in a few weeks time. One which will affect our season and future greatly imo.

- Our foward pack is elite! So young, so big and so talented. Once these boys get consistent, we will always be a chance of beating any team.

- The refs had a shocker, high shots missed, foward passes and all round grubbyness by JWH in particular.

And wtf we're they thinking at the end awarding them that scrum penalty......A fukin scrum penalty to get them within 5 points and a chance of victory. To then follow it up with that 6 to go call was fukin putrid to watch. That's the kind of shit that makes me suspicious of the NRL officiating at times.

- Can someone please enlighten me with these so called errors Shiba made? I can only recall one towards the end of the game which was clearly knocked out by a Rooster. The young fella is only going to improve with more game time.

- Was Fafita spent after being on for 5 mins? He had a couple of big runs then looked exhausted. Luckily he mustered up some energy to get over for that try. He needs to sign Payne Haas as his PT.

- Lastly, I loved Seggyaro's involvement but I thought his passing was average at times. Happy for him that he scored such an important try on his debut for the Broncos.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.