Round 10 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely had an impact tonight, but I don't think it cost us the match outright, our defence let Manly back into it when we should have finished the game.

Some of the kicks he missed tonight, I could have kicked.

I expect kickers from all teams, to at least have a 50% kicking rate per game.

Manly fans are saying they were lucky to win tonight.

Last edited:
Some of the kicks he missed tonight, I could have kicked.

Manly fans are saying they were lucky to win tonight.

Meh I have seen plenty of players rack up a number of miss goals from easy kicks in a game and still win.

We had our opportunities to put Manly away outside of the goalkicking and instead let them back in with poor defence and poor kicking options esp later in the match, we could have still won the game and using the goalkicking as the sole reason for why we lost is making excuses for other areas that equally hurt us.

I have already said it had an impact on the match but it wasn't the only reason we lost and instead of making him the scape goat we should recongise issues like addressing our defence otherwise even if Parker kicks perfectly we can still lose.

Last edited:
I agree our defence was shyte.

It's been shyte since round 1.

But come on, missing all 4 attempts at goal & they all weren't hard kicks from the sideline.

And I recognise it had an impact on the match, but IMO you can't say that it was the only factor to being the reason we lost this game as people are suggesting, we let in some soft tries that if we didn't let in we would have won, you cant criticise Parker for missing goals but then ignore that, otherwise you ignore other areas that let you down and if you don't learn from that it will hurt you.

All factors towards the loss but mate you can't deny that despite some bad defence and despite some missed tackles, we were still in a position to win that game of football, and all we needed was a goal kicker who can kick goals that a first grade goal kicker is expected to kick. Hook is a good enough coach to address defensive issues even if we win a game, but the fact is the way this game panned out we had a chance to win it, and most clubs would've won it because they have a good goal kicker.

I blame Julia gillard for the loss

Jeb I recognise it had an impact on tonight and I recognise we would have won the game if he kicked more and I'm not denying that I just don't subscribe to the view thats the only thing that cost us tonight. Hook is a good coach but if you think fixing our defence will just be an easy thing your kidding yourself, our defence is no where near as rock solid as it was last season, we have some real issues that teams have easily exploited this season(often mistakes from the opposition have let us off) and if we don't address things like that as well then blaming the goalkicker is pointless.

In any case we lost that game and need to learn from our mistakes, I don't have a problem with working hard with Parker to get his goalkicking in order and in the meantime giving the duties to another player like Norman or Wallace when he returns.

Last edited:
There are other things we need to improve on, that is without question. However, even when we win there are other things we need to improve on. But to say goalkicking had an impact is understating it. People often blame kickers when they miss a couple from the sideline and that's unfair. But when you lose by 2pts, and miss 3 VERY makable kicks, as well as a hard one, then kicking is very much to blame.

Also, Parker has been kicking badly all year. He's been shanking them ever since he came back, and IMO, that makes him more liable, because it was an area he already knew he had to work on and failed.

I'm not going to make random posts about how much I hate Parker, because it's just a narrow loss without Wallace and Hodges. It doesn't call for any sort of hatred comments directed at Parker, but his goalkicking tonight was without doubt the key reason we lost.

Actually Ari Gold Parker hasn't been kicking badly all year its been more recently, infact if you have a look at how he started the season before his injury he was striking them at a 100% strikerate. afterwards I do agree he has dropped off in his conversion rate and that needs to be addressed but to suggest he has been poor all season isn't the truth. And Arigold I respect those including yourself that aren't making a random post of hatred towards Parker, I can understand criticism of his goalkicking, but he was great tonight outside of that.

Last edited:
Actually Ari Gold Parker hasn't been kicking badly all year its been more recently, infact if you have a look at how he started the season before his injury he was striking them at a 100% strikerate. afterwards I do agree he has dropped off in his conversion rate and that needs to be addressed but to suggest he has been poor all season isn't the truth. And Arigold I respect those including yourself that aren't making a random post of hatred towards Parker, I can understand criticism of his goalkicking, but he was great tonight outside of that.

Yeah, not saying you are, but I have seen a few posts saying I hate Parker, which is just uncalled for.

And you are right, he was going great guns the first 2 games, but the past 3 weeks he has been 8/15, and missed some very easy kicks by NRL standards. For me that is what makes it so bad. He missed shots from the same position tonight the last 3 weeks, and he failed to correct it. IMO, that makes it worse.

Yeah, not saying you are, but I have seen a few posts saying I hate Parker, which is just uncalled for.

And you are right, he was going great guns the first 2 games, but the past 3 weeks he has been 8/15, and missed some very easy kicks by NRL standards. For me that is what makes it so bad. He missed shots from the same position tonight the last 3 weeks, and he failed to correct it. IMO, that makes it worse.

and I agree its something that needs to be addressed, but to say his been poor all season isn't accurate either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • broncotville
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Wendall Taylor
  • HarryAllan7
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.