Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
I'll be honest I feel like we are lacking in the engine room a little. Thaiday has been playing about 60mins on average Parker around 65, Blair 40 Wallace 30, and molo... Cough... We might see some more mins from oates in the middle this week and I expect to see kodi and McCullough on the field at the same time again.

Will be interesting to see how Bennett uses the bench.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Hat tip to Nikorima, defense has been fantastic in the middle, I thought he would be a liability but he has really held his own!!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I had to look this up myself, but from what I can tell, since Josh McGuire became our starting prop, we are 2/7 in games where he didn't play.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Looking over the Cows side I think we match very well. The bloke that really worries me is Michael Morgan. Been in brilliant form and totally at home in Townsville. Combined with the crowd influencing the refs , Thurston on fire and high humidity....I just struggle to see how we can overcome the Cows up there...I know we can and if we do it shouldn't be a surprise but if I was forced to have everything I have on the game ,I just couldn't back our boys.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Morgan carved us once before, in a finals match from memory

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I had to look this up myself, but from what I can tell, since Josh McGuire became our starting prop, we are 2/7 in games where he didn't play.

I think Josh played only 19 mins v Cows last time. I hope we see the same passion and aggression from Thaiday as when we played the Roosters, and he takes on Scott as he took on JWH. Otherwise, Scott will give them plenty of momentum and we will be on the back foot.

Out of interest, last time we played them, Blair ran 150+ metres in 59 mins while Scott managed 115. Scott will be a lot better than then.

Assuming our form trajectory is rising, Boyd keeps improving and regaining his confidence, and the line speed is good, and JT has no broken space or holes to exploit, I see us winning this.

One of my worries is Granville. Our marker defence needs to be 100% spot on or he will wreak havoc and with JT lurking around, it won't be much fun.

Also, I hope the kicking game is shared more with Macca being much more involved. He kicks well.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Morgan carved us once before, in a finals match from memory

Also scored a neat individual try in Round 3 that gave heartly's theory on Reed's right shoulder plenty of weight.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hat tip to Nikorima, defense has been fantastic in the middle, I thought he would be a liability but he has really held his own!!

I thought so, too.

He has been pretty good. Apart from an average attempt at wrapping up the ball when Cooper scored in the Dragons game, he has been pretty solid.

Last edited:
austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
I know it means little but Molo named for North's again this week.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
I'm gonna head up to clownsville for this one, might go tomorrow, anyone know where the boys train up there? Some NSW clubs have been doing 'meet the players' things for members up there while they are there playing the cowgirls...wonder if something like that will go on?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If history repeats itself, we will win this.

We've never lost 3 in a row in Townsville.

I think we can win this. If our defense was better last year, then I think we would have won both of those games.

Our defense has improved and we are a better side than last year. Cowboys have had a knack for letting in soft tries this year. If we can get out to a good lead, I'm confident we can hold them out.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If history repeats itself, we will win this.

We've never lost 3 in a row in Townsville.

I think we can win this. If our defense was better last year, then I think we would have won both of those games.

Our defense has improved and we are a better side than last year. Cowboys have had a knack for letting in soft tries this year. If we can get out to a good lead, I'm confident we can hold them out.

I think the Cows are starting to roll and they are going for their 8th straight win which from what I have read would equal their club record. This is not going to be easy. Origin spots also up for grabs plus the great rivalry. I don't think they will be soft anywhere across the park and Morgan is playing really well at 5/8.

Our defence will have to be 100% in line speed and aggression, and my hope is we get the ball to our back rowers and further out wide, with Milford running in space on both sides.

Should be an absolutely cracking game. Can't wait.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
I'm gonna head up to clownsville for this one, might go tomorrow, anyone know where the boys train up there? Some NSW clubs have been doing 'meet the players' things for members up there while they are there playing the cowgirls...wonder if something like that will go on?

no clue. usually stay at the mecure though. The Mrs and I will be in the away bay. Thinking must have been a few people coming from out of town. seems close to selling out. all the good tickets were gone lol.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • The Don
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.