Round 10 Discussion

Anyone not convinced at all by the Dogs being top of the ladder?

They reek of the Panthers in 2010 who were equal first but everyone knew they'd go out in straight sets against better teams.

I don't particularly rate their back 3 or Ennis much lately, but they've got a deadly forward pack, and in form halves. I don't think they'll win the premiership though.

They reek of the Panthers in 2010 who were equal first but everyone knew they'd go out in straight sets against better teams.

Not at all convinced. I think they in terms of talent they are one of the less appealing rosters in the comp but with Hasler as coach they play great as a team and their whole definitely exceeds the sum of it's parts. Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs all have question marks at this stage too though and there's no reason why the Dogs can't beat any of them, particularly with their great structures in defence.

That said, I am so hoping that NSW pick Reynolds and Hodkinson as their halves. They work well as NRL halves but will be found out at Origin level.

The Bulldogs have had an easy run so far. The teams every had as definite top 4 teams haven't shown up to play and they've played crap teams and just beaten them. The whistle is on their side in most games too. Kasiano, Pritchard and Williams could have a nap on a tackled player and the ref wouldn't blow a penalty.

The Bulldogs have had an easy run so far. The teams every had as definite top 4 teams haven't shown up to play and they've played crap teams and just beaten them. The whistle is on their side in most games too. Kasiano, Pritchard and Williams could have a nap on a tackled player and the ref wouldn't blow a penalty.

Yeah this. It's like because they're bigger guys that the refs just give them leniency to get up when they're ready. There was one where the player was on the ground on his back, ref called held, and Eastwood flops down with his knees on the players stomach. No penalty.

The contrast to the Channel 9 coverage compared to FOX is stark. Tim Gilbert as lead commentator for a starters. The quality of picture is immensely different too.

If Fox could get the atmosphere of Ch 9 when it comes to the crowds, they'd be damn near perfect

Pretty much. I think they'll do better than the Panthers of 2010 though. Contemplating money on a Dogs V Cows/Manly GF

Tim Gilbert
Ray Hadley
Matt Thompson

Channel 9 is spoiled for casters, sign Andrew Voss ffs.

Last edited:
If Fox could get the atmosphere of Ch 9 when it comes to the crowds, they'd be damn near perfect

Pretty much. I think they'll do better than the Panthers of 2010 though. Contemplating money on a Dogs V Cows/Manly GF

The Cowboys?

I'll eat my hat if the Cowboys make the grand final

It's funny, Fox have marginally better main callers but their colours are mostly useless while the reverse is true for 9.

Surely there is some decent talent on the radio that can be promoted?

Crazy how the NZ commentary went from the worst to the best in a blink of the eye. Halligan isn't all there but I sort of find him endearing as Steve-O from the ESL commentary.

I'm pretty sure Ray Hadley only commentates when he feels like it too.

Kiwi commentary is a bit biased at times but their passion for the game clearly comes across in their calls and I think that makes for an enjoyable telecast. Tim Gilbert just seems to have a list of game actions which warrant shouting and Hadley doesn't convey any sense of passion when calling the game. In that regard Ray Warren is still very good but other than that it's awful.

Freakin' Hadley...

Now that's 'GILLIT' with the ball. And yes, that's his names folks, 'GILLIT', that's what 'they' told me to call him while I was minding my own business in the heartlands of Roma where ol' Arty Beetson is from. I used to call him 'GILLETTE' but that isn...AND TODD LOWRIE HAS LOST THE BALL! PICKED UP BY KELLY AND HE'S GOING TO RUN THE LENGTH OF THE FIELD TO SCORE! WHAT IS GOING ON WAL?!?!?!?!

Every.Single.Time.

Freakin' Hadley...

Now that's 'GILLIT' with the ball. And yes, that's his names folks, 'GILLIT', that's what 'they' told me to call him while I was minding my own business in the heartlands of Roma where ol' Arty Beetson is from. I used to call him 'GILLETTE' but that isn...AND TODD LOWRIE HAS LOST THE BALL! PICKED UP BY KELLY AND HE'S GOING TO RUN THE LENGTH OF THE FIELD TO SCORE! WHAT IS GOING ON WAL?!?!?!?!

Every.Single.Time.

"Haha Wal, great to be here with you, what are you doing later? Remember that time we went to that pub, haha, good old times"

Meanwhile there's been 3 sets of six with literally no commentary.

Both Hadley and Gilbert are terrible match callers. Hadley isn't suited to tv, is very rude, arrogant, opinionated and thinks he knows everything about every topic, shows very little passion and enthusiasm and talks such garbage and certain points in a game. Gilbert literally gives me a headache, he must bribe the boss for his job. My 4 year old cousin could commentate the game better.

Loved the gem from Wally on Friday saying how wonderful the Titans were :laugh:

I'll remember that sweet cheeks. You tipping the Roosters to get there again?

Haven't written off. I feel the Roosters are starting to find form and confidence in themselves and are capable of getting back to their 2013 form sooner rather than later.

Haven't written off. I feel the Roosters are starting to find form and confidence in themselves and are capable of getting back to their 2013 form sooner rather than later.

42-10 against the Cowboys. Roosters are definitely finding form, mate.

Last edited:
Beats the old guy on the ABC Grandstand.

That guy can put anyone to sleep, he is that boring...

Try saver of the year?

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Santa
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrMoore
  • Bronx48
  • NSW stables
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.