Round 10 Discussion

Brooks must feel pretty darn well chuffed. Where are the Mutiny 3? Teams 15, 16, and that team that signs everyone but are still in the Team 4-10 logjam.

Should we be worried for the Maroons this year?

All the big guns have been mediocre so far this season.

Our spine is still more or less in great form, gotta hope they can get us over the line.

Makes no difference. They could all be in reserve grade and we'd field a competitive team.

Our spine is still more or less in great form, gotta hope they can get us over the line.

Do you think?

Smith has been Smith but I'd argue that Thurston/Cronk/Slater are looking old.

Do you think?

Cronk and Thurston have retired. Munster and Hunt are in some of the best form of their careers. I'd still take the former two, but I'm hoping these two would have an advantage over NSW. Hope Munster continues from where he left off.

Inevitable that they get hammered in a series eventually. Can see NSW dominating QLD in the forwards.

Anyone like to shine some light onto what they think is going on with the cows? That’s 8 out of 10 games now where they’ve really been poor. The calibre of players they have it doesn’t make any sense that they can be so shit. Maybe a hangover from the highs of last years efforts?

My take, I don't think people realise how structured they were over the last few years. Their structure was the main reason they did so well without JT, with Morgan running things nothing much changed. Also they look to have gotten old/slow, maybe a few have played that season too many. Winterstein looked like he was on the mouse wheel when he scored tonight.

They are running the same old structures this year and the defences are reading everything early. This is a test of Greens coaching, IMO he has to come up with some variations especially inside 20.

To a lessor degree, but I think it is real, they had a lot of that get fucked luck off kicks and passes thrown anywhere, rebounds etc which typically doesn't go your way when you lose form.

We've been in this situation before.

Granted, we had the likes of Locky, Thurston running the show with Price and Petero up front, but players tend to lift for Origin which is why form should matter little when it comes to this.

This is very likely going to be Scott's last series, and possibly Slater's. That should give them the motivation they need.

The biggest thing that stood out for me tonight was Thurston. He use to be the one screaming at his players, telling them where to be and what to do when it came down to crunch time, I didn't see any of that, it's very telling for the state of the team especially in indigenous round. It tells me that the captain has lost control of his ship. Much the same as the broncos having no captain, besides a new comer by the name of TPJ who shouldn't have to be captain

The biggest thing that stood out for me tonight was Thurston. He use to be the one screaming at his players, telling them where to be and what to do when it came down to crunch time, I didn't see any of that, it's very telling for the state of the team especially in indigenous round. It tells me that the captain has lost control of his ship. Much the same as the broncos having no captain, besides a new comer by the name of TPJ who shouldn't have to be captain

Morgan really should be playing 7 for them like in the finals last year.

Morgan really should be playing 7 for them like in the finals last year.
Te Maire Martin should be playing five-eight too because he was the one doing all the good stuff

My take, I don't think people realise how structured they were over the last few years. Their structure was the main reason they did so well without JT, with Morgan running things nothing much changed. Also they look to have gotten old/slow, maybe a few have played that season too many. Winterstein looked like he was on the mouse wheel when he scored tonight.

They are running the same old structures this year and the defences are reading everything early. This is a test of Greens coaching, IMO he has to come up with some variations especially inside 20.

To a lessor degree, but I think it is real, they had a lot of that get fucked luck off kicks and passes thrown anywhere, rebounds etc which typically doesn't go your way when you lose form.
I said it then and I still think it's true... the cowboys getting to the gf was the worst thing that could have happened to them for this year, and possibly the next 2 or 3 years if they don't deal with it right.
They had a run of 3 games with good form against teams that buckled under pressure when they had no expectations on them. People forget they won about 30% of their games without Thurston and would have missed the 8 if the dragons didn't choke so badly.
It covered up a lot of cracks in their team, even I fell into the premiership favourites tag but they have the worst backline I've seen in living memory of a premiership favourite and if you shut down taumololo their forward pack looks a shell of itself with scott and cooper ageing and a lack of depth outside their top 17.
If broncos fans are annoyed about losing Taylor and arrow imagine how cowboys fans feel about losing Ponga and kikau when they don't have half the amount of young talent that we do to cover the losses (Hess and Clifford seem to be the only top class juniors I hear of...)

Do you think?

Billy has been pretty awesome tbh. Agree about Thurston & Cronk though, they look cooked.

If broncos fans are annoyed about losing Taylor and arrow imagine how cowboys fans feel about losing Ponga and kikau when they don't have half the amount of young talent that we do to cover the losses (Hess and Clifford seem to be the only top class juniors I hear of...)

Yeah because we have so much talent to cover the loss of Taylor at 7 ...

Active Now

• Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.