Round 10 Discussion

Jeez Warriors number 6 goes all right.

I still think the Dogs are morals but the wooden spoon is giving the Blue Mountains a seductive look at the moment

Genius move by Gould sacking Griffin. Since then they are 5 from 16. Running 5th when they sacked him and playing much, much better football than what this rabble is putting out.

When niko plays the broncos put your money on him scoring a try.

Their confidence is just completely shot to shit

GC and Panthers have both proven that hiring a coach for the sole purpose of retaining a halfback is genius. Simply genius.

Great try to Paasi. 10+ Post contact metres through multiple defenders.

Tipped the Riff tonight, God knows why. Thought they'd be galvanised into action but they look shot.

Genius move by Gould sacking Griffin. Since then they are 5 from 16. Running 5th when they sacked him and playing much, much better football than what this rabble is putting out.
No way Gould sacked him, I don't believe it. Griffin was sacked to make way for Cleary, and Gould didn't even want Cleary and was basically forced to resign. Gould wanted Bennett and I would bet any money Penrith would be a top 4 team if they actually went with Gould and signed Bennett instead of telling him lol no, we want Cleary.

Lol @ Penrith. Signing Ivan for 4 million for 5 years just to make sure his son stays at the club. If Ivan can't turn the playing group around Penrith are absolutely fucked and have put all their eggs in a really bad basket.

Last edited:
Panthers were disgusting, can't wait to play them.

Was it actually Goulds call though? Considering what apparently happened regarding Bennett, I'm not so sure

Blocker Roach made a ridiculous comment tonight.

'Warriors haven't had a running halfback since Stacey Jones.'

The ****? Too many head knocks mate.

Was it actually Goulds call though? Considering what apparently happened regarding Bennett, I'm not so sure

Considering Cleary and Gould can't stand each other after Cleary's first sacking from there, I very much doubt it was his call.

Cleary could go down as one of the worst signings in history. Griffin must just be sitting at home shaking his head.

Don't rate Griffin at NRL level but you're dead right, he likely would have them competing for 80.

No way Gould sacked him, I don't believe it. Griffin was sacked to make way for Cleary, and Gould didn't even want Cleary and was basically forced to resign. Gould wanted Bennett and I would bet any money Penrith would be a top 4 team if they actually went with Gould and signed Bennett instead of telling him lol no, we want Cleary.

Lol @ Penrith. Signing Ivan for 4 million for 5 years just to make sure his son stays at the club. If Ivan can't turn the playing group around Penrith are absolutely fucked and have put all their eggs in a really bad basket.
It was an odd decision for sure. Who made the real decisions out there is questionable for me because I have no idea where the real power lays in the far west. The whole Cleary thing smells like an old school, chook raffle level football club with bumbling amateur management. Of course that's my perception of the decision to put up so much money for the pair. Time might prove me wrong.

It was an odd decision for sure. Who made the real decisions out there is questionable for me because I have no idea where the real power lays in the far west. The whole Cleary thing smells like an old school, chook raffle level football club with bumbling amateur management. Of course that's my perception of the decision to put up so much money for the pair. Time might prove me wrong.
To me it seems fairly obvious
- Griffin was doing alright, good even, IMO
- Penrith wanted Cleary
- Penrith sack Griffin to get Cleary
- Gould is pissed off because as head of football he did not want Cleary and told Bennett he wants him but the board rejected Gould
- Gould leaves a few months after Cleary arrives

It's definitely amateur management. Griffin was a very solid coach for Penrith, the only reason they would have sacked him so quickly and rushed to sign Cleary for 5 years was to keep his son at the club. Another shit club signed a coach arguably just to get a no.7 to sign, Taylor/Garth Brennan. That hasn't worked out so well.

Total amateur knee jerk management. I'd take Gould's opinion over the Penrith CEO on coaching ability any day of the week.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.