LIVE Round 10 Discussion

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Opacic has been really good tonight tbh.
Its been a good move for him. He is benefiting from not having to just be in the side like he was here just to defend and he is making a lot more dummy half runs and a bit more freedom in his play like he did in the 20's and his early days here. Helps as well he hasnt been playing injured.
- Merged

Looking forward to this Canberra game

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
Would Taylor have been better staying here? I dunno, I feel like he'd still have been mediocre. It's not just the team, he's got to develop a lot more.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Would Taylor have been better staying here? I dunno, I feel like he'd still have been mediocre. It's not just the team, he's got to develop a lot more.
I think he stayed at the wrong club. I do feel he would be developing a lot better if he came back to the Broncos.

bb_gun

NRL Player
How isn’t he in the bin though
5 penalties is ridiculous for one player
Last year he would've been binned after 3, this year that rule no longer exists. Welcome to the NRL, possibly the worst run sporting organisation in the world.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Deadset, that refereeing in the last three minutes of the Titans/Dogs game was atrocious.

First, they call a knock on on Canterbury that was a clear as day 'management' call (read blatant refereeing cheating to manufacture the grandstand finish). In other words, it didn't look like a knock on live, it didn't look like a knock on in replay and in summary, it was probably the best play the ball of the day.

Then, GC have the ref call up play too early to deny them two tries in what actually should have been allowed to continue. It was absolutely disgraceful.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Those last 2 sets were funny af. Burgess just lay all over everyone for way too long every tackle he was in.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The refs weren't afraid to use the sin-bin last season.

Now it's back to the usual shit where they aren't using it all because the NRL want less penalties to "open the game up".

Sam Burgess absolutely should have been sin-binned last night and IMO it should have been when the Raiders received the penalty to go to 4-2.

He kept coming at the ref and would not shut up. At that point, Cummins should have sin-binned him.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Why the hell they couldn’t play like that during their time here?
It just seems to happen to some players for some reason.

They will be at a club and put in some good performances but for whatever reason they would just find it difficult to really hit their stride at the club.

Then they have a change of scenery going to a different club and boom, they are like a whole different player.

Wallace and Arrow are the two perfect examples. Neither of them played that way at the Broncos despite plenty of opportunities to.

Even when Arrow was in the starting team at the Broncos he wasn't playing like he did at the Titans.

Jedhead

NRL Player
S. Burgess last night was a perfect example of this latest shit going around where they constantly infringe in the ruck knowing the percentages are in their favour to defend the penalty or get a mistake from the opposition, and if they take the two their coach considers it great defence.

Meanwhile the audience and the attacking team have been royally dudded. Never mind standing them behind the goal-line for the next set (Joey Johns) - if they do it more than once the second offender should get 10 in the bin, the attacking team should get another set of six and if they don't score a shot in front for two.

It's killing our game's attacking flair by allowing the defending team to re-set and making a mockery of our refs.

We want to see tries not big lumps lying all over players to slow the game down.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
It just seems to happen to some players for some reason.

They will be at a club and put in some good performances but for whatever reason they would just find it difficult to really hit their stride at the club.

Then they have a change of scenery going to a different club and boom, they are like a whole different player.

Wallace and Arrow are the two perfect examples. Neither of them played that way at the Broncos despite plenty of opportunities to.

Even when Arrow was in the starting team at the Broncos he wasn't playing like he did at the Titans.
Agree with that. Just the way things happen sometimes. Sometimes they just need consistent football to bed in. Other times, like i said with Opacic, they just need to get injury free. He pretty much played his debut year and every year after with some sort of injury. He played all last year with a groin that needed surgery ( not sure why he didnt just get the op done ). Now its done, he is training properly and has lost about 9 or 10 kgs. Arrow has benefitted from just playing week in week out and his improvement is excellent.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Watching the replay of the Cowboys vs Eels game.

On the JT no try, if I was an Eels player I would be blowing up deluxe even though the Eels got the penalty for an obstruction.

The ball comes free and they ran down field and made it to the 50 metre line and had the Cowboys at 6's and 7's.. Then the ref decides to check it despite it being clear JT did not score and then the Eels receive a penalty in their 10.

It was ridiculous. The ref knew JT didn't score so just fucking play on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter