PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Turbo is touching the ball 3 times every set in the attacking 20. He gets it on the right edge, ball plays and if the try is denied or breaks down they go for a settler and he sprints all the way to the left to go again.
With this freak running around, easily a 2 try class above us and if Milford is named - they win by double that.

Manly letting in 32 points isn’t terrible news.
In this era of NRL, defence seems optional in half the matches.

We're leaking a shitload of points too, I think manly have more in attack with Turbo at the back.

Not sure we have enough fire power to compete with TTurbo... I mean manly.

Our defence has been better and our forwards are laying an incredible platform... however we lose Carrigan for this game, which is a huge blow, as I'm not sure we have another player that can replace the meters and hitups he makes. Thinking it will be a combination of Flegler (starting), Asiata and Bull to replace Carrigan.

DCE is a good kicker, but he doesn't exactly have a massive boot... so potentially we can win the field position game this week and not have to worry about the opposition's massive boot undoing all of our good work.

Unfortunately for us Turbo is lethal from anywhere on the field and manly can score in bunches.

I think we'll need 30+ points if we are to beat manly.

One thing we should look to be taking advantage of are the manly wingers. Saab is extremely susceptible under the high ball so I hope we absolutely pepper his side of the field... unfortunately he's on the opposite side to TPJ who has been great leading the kick chase this year. Garrick is probably just as susceptible and we seem to just kick to our right side regardless of who the opposition wingers are

Whatever the case we should absolutely at all costs avoid just putting it down Turbo's throat. He doesnt really get involved in the get out sets so kicking away from him removes him from kick returns and early hit ups.

In defence just load up on whichever side Turbo is on, because that's where the ball is going 90% of the time

Not sure we have enough fire power to compete with TTurbo... I mean manly.

Our defence has been better and our forwards are laying an incredible platform... however we lose Carrigan for this game, which is a huge blow, as I'm not sure we have another player that can replace the meters and hitups he makes. Thinking it will be a combination of Flegler (starting), Asiata and Bull to replace Carrigan.

DCE is a good kicker, but he doesn't exactly have a massive boot... so potentially we can win the field position game this week and not have to worry about the opposition's massive boot undoing all of our good work.

Unfortunately for us Turbo is lethal from anywhere on the field and manly can score in bunches.

I think we'll need 30+ points if we are to beat manly.

One thing we should look to be taking advantage of are the manly wingers. Saab is extremely susceptible under the high ball so I hope we absolutely pepper his side of the field... unfortunately he's on the opposite side to TPJ who has been great leading the kick chase this year. Garrick is probably just as susceptible and we seem to just kick to our right side regardless of who the opposition wingers are

Whatever the case we should absolutely at all costs avoid just putting it down Turbo's throat. He doesnt really get involved in the get out sets so kicking away from him removes him from kick returns and early hit ups.

In defence just load up on whichever side Turbo is on, because that's where the ball is going 90% of the time
Quite a good summation there. TPJ must target Turbo's brother as invariably Tommy's breaks come off backing up is brother's line breaks/offloads. Shut Jake down and you stifle 75% of Tommy's attacking service.

We do a fair bit of printing for Southern Cross Austereo.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a conscience and could take advantage of these opportunities...

Lanyard

One small advantage we have is our game is being played on the Friday. Lang Park has been cut to shreds by the Rugby boys' scrums and the ref was forced to move scrums at times to suitable areas because it was so badly cut up. All you punters should be checking the weather forecast because if we get rain the pitch will be just about unplayable (if it not already is) come Saturday night and Sunday.

I fear the unprecedented injury toll we've witnessed this year might just become a major concern and defining factor in who plays and wins the GF. If I'm Ivan Cleary this is one round I can afford to lose by telling my players to go easy, he'd have rocks in his head not to.

I can't see too much changing structure wise if Kevie is insisting on getting the basics right. The best move there would be Flegler, Kennedy or Bullemor starting at Lock, with Asiata on the bench. Like for like replacement.

Personally our biggest weakness is the 14. It's nothing against Levi, but with the way the game is going with injuries and HIA, having a guy like Kurt Gidley, Preston Campbell or Shaun Berrigan on the bench seems like a no brainer. Croft would probably be the best player we currently have for it, If he's prepared to learn Fullback. Or Turpin with Levi starting for now.

so the Courier Mail's predicted team changes (Wacko's Whispers) are:
  • Payne Haas to move back to lock. Flegler to start at prop
  • Asiata or Piakura to come onto the bench

so the Courier Mail's predicted team changes (Wacko's Whispers) are:
  • Payne Haas to move back to lock. Flegler to start at prop
  • Asiata or Piakura to come onto the bench
Yip I can see Haas doing a fine job at lock but I don't think we get the best out of him there as our go forward from those first carries will suffer.

I can't see too much changing structure wise if Kevie is insisting on getting the basics right. The best move there would be Flegler, Kennedy or Bullemor starting at Lock, with Asiata on the bench. Like for like replacement.

Personally our biggest weakness is the 14. It's nothing against Levi, but with the way the game is going with injuries and HIA, having a guy like Kurt Gidley, Preston Campbell or Shaun Berrigan on the bench seems like a no brainer. Croft would probably be the best player we currently have for it, If he's prepared to learn Fullback. Or Turpin with Levi starting for now.
Hunt will be the perfect 14 when he can play.

I like Haas to lock, I think it is actually a no brainer, he could even play 80 there.

I'd be running out:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Arthars
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Gamble
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Kennedy
11. Riki
12. Pangai Jr (c)
13. Haas

14. Levi
15. Flegler
16. Bullemor
17. Piakura/Robati

Is he more ready than Piakura then?

Yep, had a much better season so far. He's found a real home at lock and is doing well every week. Not sure how you get him off the Development list- Carrigan's injury won't be enough.

His defence is really strong and he's versatile and tough. in a terrible team. Played 6 and hooker at ISC now- so bench wise he'd be ideal.

Tough too- typical Hetherington- knocked out Klemmer.

Piakura is still finding his feet, was better against Souths, but then got injured and came off the bench yesterday. His attack is improving and he's understanding his role more but Hetherington is more low maintenance and ready.

isn't he still on a development contract?

Yeah I am not sure how you beat that with only one injury, Brisbane did it last year for Bullemor. But Glenn, Matt Lodge and Keenan Palasia were out.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fitzy
  • jarro65
  • Manifesto
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.