PRE-GAME Round 10 - Tigers vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

A few words from Payne Haas:

“I have known teams are coming after me but I have to adapt to that. Me and the coaches are working hard during the week to be the best I can be every week. I just have to keep chipping away and working hard."

“I would love to back up my game from last year. What I did last year will mean nothing if I don’t follow on and keep up my consistency this season. It is a bit hard when you are playing 80 minutes and defending the whole time. Obviously having a break has been better for me. I am still young and my body is still (developing) so having a break in games is best for me.”

View attachment 8768

And Cory Paix on switching to hooker and facing Harry Grant:

“I am enjoying it, I like the physicality of playing in the middle. I think I had three games (at hooker in the Intrust Super Cup) under my belt before I played nine in the NRL. It was definitely a tough challenge for me. I planned on playing the whole year in the Queensland Cup, but my goal was to play NRL and I achieved that this year, probably not in the circumstances I wanted to with the result against the Roosters. But it was a good test for me, I got to face the premiers and see where I was at physically and I thought I handled myself really well considering that result. I have played all my life in the halves, but I’m loving hooker at the moment. I am investing a lot of time in the position ... it’s another string to my bow.”

View attachment 8769

“We all know Harry (Grant) is a great player. I’ve played against him in the (Intrust Super) Cup so he’s a very good player and we will be on our game this week to shut him down. He suits the style of the game these days for a hooker with his speed around the ruck."

“Cooper Cronk was a great player, but now that I’m at (hooker) I look to a guy like Damien Cook. He is like me with my speed so he is someone I look to now. I spend a lot of time on the computer and I look at certain players and how their attributes can help my game.”

McHunt
Oh I like the sound of Corey Paix. He's an obvious student of the game and to hear him spending time studying the greats on his computer augers really well for us. How sweet to hear someone dedicated to improving his game at every opportunity.

Oh I like the sound of Corey Paix. He's an obvious student of the game and to hear him spending time studying the greats on his computer augers really well for us. How sweet to hear someone dedicated to improving his game at every opportunity.
Yep, if he ever kicks on and goes to the next level the Roosters or Melbourne will love that in him when they take him off our hands.

A few words from Payne Haas:

“I have known teams are coming after me but I have to adapt to that. Me and the coaches are working hard during the week to be the best I can be every week. I just have to keep chipping away and working hard."

“I would love to back up my game from last year. What I did last year will mean nothing if I don’t follow on and keep up my consistency this season. It is a bit hard when you are playing 80 minutes and defending the whole time. Obviously having a break has been better for me. I am still young and my body is still (developing) so having a break in games is best for me.”

McHunt
Payne is definitely suffering from a bit of Second Year Seibold Syndrome. He's not been bad but definitely not as good as last year.

Both Seymour and Moon seemingly had the world at their feet and just never found a way to get to that next level.

That was back in the days when guys who took the money and ran from the Broncos at a young age almost without exception went on to fizzle out to nothing.
No way, Seymour was a genuinely talented half that got fucked over by injuries and off the field battles. I remember him playing for St Patties in Mackay and he ripped it up. He was very good in his early days for Brisbane too.
I don't even know what Moon was supposed to be, he definitely wasn't a half. His brother was a centre iirc? Maybe he was supposed to be a nimble backrower, but it seemed like he was a jack of all/master of none.

Yep, if he ever kicks on and goes to the next level the Roosters or Melbourne will love that in him when they take him off our hands.
Well it is what's best for the game after all...

Payne is definitely suffering from a bit of Second Year Seibold Syndrome. He's not been bad but definitely not as good as last year.
He's good on this metric, considering how ball-starved we've been.

Screenshot 2020 07 16 Players

I think Haas has missed that one-two combo with Lodge this year. Lodge was good at laying a solid platform for Haas to work off.

No way, Seymour was a genuinely talented half that got fucked over by injuries and off the field battles. I remember him playing for St Patties in Mackay and he ripped it up. He was very good in his early days for Brisbane too.
I don't even know what Moon was supposed to be, he definitely wasn't a half. His brother was a centre iirc? Maybe he was supposed to be a nimble backrower, but it seemed like he was a jack of all/master of none.
Yep, so exactly as I said, they never really kicked on to that next level.

David Nofoaluma and Josh Aloiai sent for COVID-19 tests.

I won't be very surprised when this season is abandoned. It just seems almost inevitable.
I'm still amazed it started back up again. V'landys has come too far to shut it down again. He'll ship them all to Siberia or Saskatchewan if it means finishing the season off.

If you can't see that Smith is still the premier Dummy Half in the competition then Rugby League might just not be the sport for you.

The thing with Smith is, there are fitter, faster guys like Koroisau and Cook, there are better defensive workhorses like McCinnes, but there is nobody who more consistently excels in all areas and has a bigger impact on their teams success week in week out than Smith.
Read the context of reply, before you butt in - I know enough... more as to WTF is Grant?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • mieko
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.