Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next question .... when was the last time we won 5 in a row

I don't care if we win by 1.

We've been really good for 4 weeks in a row, I didn't give us much of a chance against a resurging Cronulla team and then away against Souths without 2 key forwards, even last night against Manly they have plenty of potency in their backline but couldn't even get a point.

I don't think we're anywhere near top 4, not until we can take down one of those sides in the running for top 4 will I think we're at that level. However if we can put away teams like Souths, Manly, Newcastle (hopefully), we'll be in a good position to get in the 8 at the end of the season.

You don't put Cronulla or Manly in the hunt for the top 4 by the end of the season?

Fair enough. I do agree with the top 3, but I'd probably swap Sharks for Roosters, I don't rate the Roosters at all this year. They'll make the 8 but only make up the numbers. I think we beat them well when we meet them later in the year tbh.

I reckon the Knights would have been pumped after they beat the Dogs but with how we physically flogged the Sea Eagles like they were boys a few probably went to the coach this morning saying they're injured or a family member died they can't come into work for a week.

Watching the 2 games live last night the broncos were on a different level to the Knights. However, the knights were a lot better than the shoreline vs the dogs indicated. They bombed about 3 deadset tries, had shape and defended well enough. They’re not gonna be easy beats, but if we played with the energy we had last night we will win.

Watching the 2 games live last night the broncos were on a different level to the Knights. However, the knights were a lot better than the shoreline vs the dogs indicated. They bombed about 3 deadset tries, had shape and defended well enough. They’re not gonna be easy beats, but if we played with the energy we had last night we will win.
Happy house at your place this morning? How long did he last before he crashed?

They were much better than the Dogs but both teams were levels below us. We are a top four team at present. Newcastle last night were bottom of the 8 at best.

Of course the issue is whether we can produce that again…but we pretty much have three weeks in a row already.

The other thing in Newcastle’s favour is it is their home game, so they will close it up a little. It really depends on how we turn up, nothing else really and isn’t that a breath of fresh air!

Before kick off last night in our game we were $1.80 favourites and Newcastle were paying $2.0. Now that’s blown out $1.37 & $3.10.

I feel the same as others. I’m worried that the team won’t show up for this game. We have a real tendency to play well against teams we aren’t expected to beat and then just completely shit the bed against teams we should beat. This game for me is more important then the manly game. It’s a real indication of how we are going.

On form and on paper we should win by 18+ but if the same broncos team of the past 3 or so seasons shows up it will be a lot closer then that!!

Ill be at this game.
Something about the Knights, they always play well against us, especially when in Newcastle it seems.
I think it stems from when Wayne walked out on the club and returned to Brisbane.
Closely followed by the Brown v Bennett “big head, little head” press conference after a win over Bennett.

I really, really hope the boys don‘t go into this thinking it’ll be an easy 2 points.
I’m sure Reynolds, Capes and Walters won’t these guys get too ahead of themselves.

I’d say the likes of Gags & Friz will also return. Ponga looked ok last night and the crowd will certainly lift them at home.

And then the Milf factor and noone knows how that’ll go.

Before kick off last night in our game we were $1.80 favourites and Newcastle were paying $2.0. Now that’s blown out $1.37 & $3.10.

I feel the same as others. I’m worried that the team won’t show up for this game. We have a real tendency to play well against teams we aren’t expected to beat and then just completely shit the bed against teams we should beat. This game for me is more important then the manly game. It’s a real indication of how we are going.

On form and on paper we should win by 18+ but if the same broncos team of the past 3 or so seasons shows up it will be a lot closer then that!!
Im also concerned with it being an away game.

Surely after the last 3 years the boys have a big enough chip on their shoulder to not be complacent this soon. Kev just needs to make a montage of them all crying after all the thumpings they had the last 2 years to remind them what can happen if you don’t put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.