PRE-GAME [Round 11, 2024] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
We will have to play Walsh and hope to god he doesn't get injured.

We play one game without our Origin players and Sailor should be back by then.
After the titans game last year i'd be surprised if Kevy does this. I would stick Arthars back there and give Walsh a rest.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Isn't Arthars out about as long as Sailor will be?
If there was a cry emoji i would do it... Your right, he probably is out. Walsh plays I guess, who else is there?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We will have to play Walsh and hope to god he doesn't get injured.

We play one game without our Origin players and Sailor should be back by then.

I'd there a fullback we can use from our development or train and trial guys ... Or any of our feeder clubs

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We certainly are going to see our depth tested through the origin period this year. I’ll be very surprised if Kevvie has any of our Origin players back up.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If there was a cry emoji i would do it... Your right, he probably is out. Walsh plays I guess, who else is there?
There's only Cobbo really, but he will be backing up through Origin as well and will most likely be taking a chunk of yardage carries through origin.

Might need to start getting some reps into Mariner and/or Ezra??

Wouldn't really want to move Ezra, but if he could add fullback to his play then he could become an ingame substitute for Walsh with Billy moving to halves... would save us on having to shift a backrower out to centres so Cobbo can move back there.

Fullback is so much nowadays with organising the defence and defusing kicks, so I'm not sure if it's something to burden Ezra with... I don't think he played there as a junior either so he'd be learning it from scratch.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd there a fullback we can use from our development or train and trial guys ... Or any of our feeder clubs
Was it Creedence Toia playing back there during the trials??

He could get a callup now that we're beyond Rd 11... don't know much about him though

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Looking at the draw, we could probably still rest Walsh and Cobbo during the Origin period.

They would have to back up for the Sharks game, but Arthars should be back for the Warriors game so we could play Arthars at fullback, Mariner at centre and Pereira/Oates on the wing.

For the Knights, Tristan at fullback and Arthars at centre.

B

broncomax

NYC Player
Oct 5, 2013
We still have some coin in the cap that Kevvy was saving for TPJ don't we. Maybe we could look for a replacement in QCup and rather than a forward, go for a versatile back. Not sure who would be available at another NRL club though

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think you are making a few assumptions - needing two or using two interchanges are pretty glaring at this point.

Again the whole forum is kind of over your stance on this. Literally nobody agrees with you, not even the experts. Just cut your losses, accept Billy as a son of a Broncos great! He's got a great work ethic, is here on peanuts and provides good value for money. I'm glad you have given up on your love affair of the likes of Turpin and Paix but you need to take the Billy Walters dartboard down and just move on!
You sound in denial. We even burnt two interchanges in the Grand Final to bring Billy back for 15 minutes in the Grand Final. Remind me again how that panned out.

I don't give a **** what anyone else is saying.

Screenshot 2024 05 14 at 13 22 03 Panthers v Broncos

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

- Walters is out, likely Mozer in as he's been training with the main squad
- Jensen would love to play origin but hasn't had any chats with Billy, not expecting it
- He learns every day from Payne and Patty even though they are younger
- Madden is a great talker and will direct the team around, a lot like Reyno
- Loves the stadium, best stadium in the world
- Never been the best footballer but is one of the strongest - this was interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.