Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a few mistakes but had at least one try assist from memory

He did okay.

I wouldn't be worried about him.

Thanks people. From what I have just read, his defence is 2nd only to Maloney's turnstile and if Bennett wanted him, he would be here. Still, his attacking game from the little I have seen is pretty good. I'll watch him with interest as he takes on Vidot

Morgan will get massively found out in origin.
I don't know that he will. He's got some wheels, and seems to be match aware. I've always rated him.

Last edited:
Is Boyce that former Knights NYC back rower that Bennett brought with him?

I've never seen him play ... Whats he like.

At least Whitchurch didn't get in the side

So?

T-Rex played five eighth for Sunshine Coast - nobody is calling him a utility.

Williams was moved for the Grand Final and his other 11 games were played in the centres or bench.

Morgan has been replacing and filling in for 4 years and played hooker and halves for the 20's, then half and fullback for the NRL side and centre for 14 games in the ISC in '13 including the winning try in a Grand Final.

Was only 3 years ago he was scoring three tries in a NRL final filling and did a great job.

Ok, thanks. I must watch the game. Did you see how he performed?

General play was ok .... positioning was ok.... however, he's a bit of a liability under the high ball.

IF we get in an attacking position we should bomb the hell out of him.

Well, I've already had a plonk on the Broncos to win against the Knights and did so a week ago without knowing who would be selected. WB has planned for this game and I feel we will be ultra competitive. I'm hoping that some leadership is shownand we can perform more like a Bellamy coached team. Everyone doing a set job and no one person trying to be all things to all people. Very definitely looking forward to this game.

Williams was moved for the Grand Final and his other 11 games were played in the centres or bench.

Morgan has been replacing and filling in for 4 years and played hooker and halves for the 20's, then half and fullback for the NRL side and centre for 14 games in the ISC in '13 including the winning try in a Grand Final.

Was only 3 years ago he was scoring three tries in a NRL final filling and did a great job.

There's a difference between playing other positions at a certain level and being able to play those positions at an NRL standard.

It's all moot but was an interesting comment from Bennett at the time.

General play was ok .... positioning was ok.... however, he's a bit of a liability under the high ball.

IF we get in an attacking position we should bomb the hell out of him.

Luckily that is Hunts go to kick

Boyce is interesting, he reminds me of Dallas Johnson; he won't stats wise impress anyone. His best game this year was in a well beaten side v PNG. He's been good for Souths through the season starting mainly from the bench.

He's firey, even on Saturday he scored and you can hear the ref telling him to leave the other players it's a try. He was keen to go some Sunny Coast guy.

Last edited:
Sounds like Tallis.

I'm expecting the Knights to be fired up.

Going up against their former coach and the fact that they haven't had much luck lately.

But I still think Broncos will win this one because of our back line.

It will be a close game.

Broncos by 2.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Lowrie is a late inclusion for this game. I'm surprised he wasn't named initially. Good chance for Bennett to add experience for this game.

Most interesting for me was the fact that Oates wasn't selected in the starting 13.

I think we can win, so I'll be tipping us, but it will be a very good test of our weakened side and what the rep period is gonna be like as a whole. With such a young side, it's sink or swim from here.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lowrie is a late inclusion for this game. I'm surprised he wasn't named initially. Good chance for Bennett to add experience for this game.

Most interesting for me was the fact that Oates wasn't selected in the starting 13.

Why are you surprised? ? I think he brings impact and should therefore not start.

Similar to Thaiday..

Why are you surprised? ? I think he brings impact and should therefore not start.

Similar to Thaiday..

Agreed, in a situation like this with the squad on hand you need to use your impact players even more effectively, that's where player's like Stagg or a Lowrie are handy as a starter, handle a lot of the defensive work early on that the impact players don't have to, when the players get tired and game starts to open up, then you bring in the impact players, making them them more potent.

BRONCOS:

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Andrew McCullough ©
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. David Stagg
13. Joe Ofahengaue

Interchange:

14. Joe Boyce
15. Francis Molo
16. Corey Oates
17. Kodi Nikorima

I really like this side, Stagg brings experience to a forward pack that has very little. I like Joe at lock, he can play long minutes and if he does that and plays well he'll probably give Bennett no choice but to keep him in first grade for the rest of the year. Of all the forwards in that team Joe is probably the only one who can play a Parker type game, long minutes, lots of quality hit ups and a good off load. He also brings size to the back row to go with it. Oates off the bench I like as well, he'll tasked with the job of bringing impact off the bench, running wide along with Boyce. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe move to the front row to rest Wallace or Blair when Molo comes on as well. We will see the value he brings in his ability to play big minutes.

Take Stagg out, drop McGuire and Gilltett back in and this could be close to our forward pack in a few years time with guys like Brienke and Arrow pushing for spots as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Clintos
  • Maddy
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.