Round 11 - Tigers v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I just watched the replay of the Matty Johns show, it was definitely not a half-time, you could tell by the way the players were sitting, etc. They sit around in a circle during half time, and there's not usually any joking around.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I just watched the replay of the Matty Johns show, it was definitely not a half-time, you could tell by the way the players were sitting, etc. They sit around in a circle during half time, and there's not usually any joking around.

Unless they were celebrating the attempted pass by Hoffman during the first half.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah, its a bit disappointing. The matty johns show started out as a fair bit of decent footy discussion and banter, but more and more of these segments are creeping in and I can't help but feel that by the end of the season it will be just another 'The Footy Show' where about 3 minutes of actual footy is discussed per hour

So what though? I don't watch the Matty Johns show for serious footy discussion. I watch NRL 360 and the Sterlo show for serious RL discussion, it's a nice balance with the Matty Johns show where they have a bit more fun. All RL talk gets boring after a while, IMO.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
yeah but all i meant is i dont want it to become cringeworthly like ch9. keep the matty johns show 'fun'.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Gotta love our fans hey, clueless bunch, Maranta has been one of our best players on the field in every game he's played this year, can't say a bad word about him.

UTBMN4s.jpg

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
the majority of the comments on the fb seem to come from people with absolutely no idea. i hope paul white isnt going there for an informative indication of how our fans are feeling.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What is that old addage from Bennett?

If you listen to the fans, you just end up becoming one?

So much diversity across BHQ, I'd imagine if we were in charge of the team there would be at least 10 changes per week and by the end of the season half the squad would be released and we'd be signing a bunch of NYC, Rugby and all sorts of players.

Different coach every year. One year Walters, next Walker Bros, next Lockyer, finally 1910 would be in charge.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

So much diversity across BHQ, I'd imagine if we were in charge of the team there would be at least 10 changes per week and by the end of the season half the squad would be released and we'd be signing a bunch of NYC, Rugby and all sorts of players.

Different coach every year. One year Walters, next Walker Bros, next Lockyer, finally 1910 would be in charge.

not to mention the team BHQ members would get would actually be worth about 20 million a year, but they'll think we would be able to get it under the cap

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

I'd only agree to 1910 as coach if you were coaching director BP.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'd do a wonderful job too.

rnabokov would be brought into draw up attacking structures, Bull Shark as fitness director, levdikan (or whatever his name is) as team motivator, Splinter as a junior recruitment officer and ningnangnong as chef.

I wouldn't promise you success but there would never be a dull moment and I'd spill all the beans on BHQ. I'd be picking fights with all my directors if we lost and if 1910 didn't at least put forward one entertaining rant at the post match conference he'd be sacked and b4l would come in because he's an amazing coach.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

rnabokov would be brought into draw up attacking structures, Bull Shark as fitness director, levdikan (or whatever his name is) as team motivator, Splinter as a junior recruitment officer and ningnangnong as chef.

I wouldn't promise you success but there would never be a dull moment and I'd spill all the beans on BHQ. I'd be picking fights with all my directors if we lost and if 1910 didn't at least put forward one entertaining rant at the post match conference he'd be sacked and b4l would come in because he's an amazing coach.

Yay I got a mention

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

I can just picture what levdikan would say.

He would walk into the dressing room, with a serious look on his face. He would walk around the room, looking at all of the players.

When he walks around the room, he will stand there with his hands on his hips, take a deep breath and say, "Just win FFS"

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You free to work the video tape sessions Super Freak and to help recruit Cheerleaders?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
You free to work the video tape sessions Super Freak and to help recruit Cheerleaders?

Nice.

They will be the best videos and cheerleaders the world has ever seen.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Can I design the cheerleader's uniforms? Anyone know who sells stitchable cellophane? If not... They'll have to do without.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Can I design the cheerleader's uniforms? Anyone know who sells stitchable cellophane? If not... They'll have to do without.

I think I speak for all guys when I say, they can do without...

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.