Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Riki was hard done by for that sin bin last night, but again he bounced back and scored that remarkable try from the short kick off. It was that one which made the team and us all believe we could and would win this.

Once again I saw great similarities of him and Gillet. The play reminded me of Gillo's great charge down.

I'm telling you Riki is proving to be a tremendous find and the way the coaching staff are helping in his development is heart-warming.

Just saw a replay of Mam’s try and once again had Herbie passed to Oates, it’s a simple stroll over try instead of a last ditch flick pass.

maybe Herbie just wanted to get Mam his first try?
Issako wasn't committed to Herbie and pushing out towards Oates which aloud Herbie to go through the gap, by the time Issako reacted Herbie was already through the gap and Issako could only get a ankle tap on him.
Had Herbie thrown the ball the Oates Issako would of got there, whether he stopped him or not is a mystery. Campbell was also flying over to the corner and might of got there to try stop Oates.

Screenshot 20220528 144549

Issako wasn't committed to Herbie and pushing out towards Oates which aloud Herbie to go through the gap, by the time Issako reacted Herbie was already through the gap and Issako could only get a ankle tap on him.
Had Herbie thrown the ball the Oates Issako would of got there, whether he stopped him or not is a mystery. Campbell was also flying over to the corner and might of got there to try stop Oates.

View attachment 18633
Didn’t Herbie step back in instantly after catching the pass? He never really looked to his outside or try to draw in isaako. Either way I’m glad it still ended with a try but there was an element of luck with his final pass to mam

Didn’t Herbie step back in instantly after catching the pass? He never really looked to his outside or try to draw in isaako. Either way I’m glad it still ended with a try but there was an element of luck with his final pass to mam
He angled his run to hit the hole better which gave less time for Issako to cover him. Issako had to change direction as he was pushing out towards Oates.
If Herbie was slower the draw and pass would of been the better option.

I always notice David fifita gets shown up at marker in the 20m zone. I actually think riki has passed him. If the opposition want a try they just do 2 plays in a row down his side and fifita is inevitably slowly running back, laying on the ground or looking on from a distance as a try is being scored. Guaranteed try. Riki isn't a highlights reel player but he is turning into a mini-capewell for me. A little different running style and link man in attack but overall just does the 1%s, shores up the defence and just plays his role in attack...

And this is why Isaako was booted from the team. He’s only good at reacting to plays 10 secs after it was already occurred.

TMM has had a really phenomenal comeback, amazing how he's hit the ground running after years off and in a demanding position like fullback too. Boyd has been coaching him apparently and he is playing like it. Thank goodness Isaako and Niu aren't at fullback any more, those are dark days.

Watched the replay when I got home as usual, and we were LOUD. Definitely the most vocal a home crowd has been in a long while. Was great. I feel like shit, have a sore throat and can't talk, but it was great.

My throat feels like it's being stabbed by a thousand pins, but it was worth it. That was definitely a very loud and vocal crowd.

It's amazing what a winning streak can do.

not me

Not even God himself can stop us getting the points next week

Pretty sure our fans didn't boo him (at least not at the games), the opposition fans though was another story

Umm , I was replying to Mc Hunt .

Riki in the bin was quite hard for the boys to recover from in the 1st half and needed a bit of time to get back into the game when the flow got going.
Paix coming on and the momentum changing we were unstoppable. Mam is definitely a player to watch and I would like to see him get another game beside Reynolds. I didn't lose faith on the boys completely at half-time and the difference in our side now proves why.

Someone more in the know might have the answer but is mam seen as a traditional 6 or 7?

Someone more in the know might have the answer but is mam seen as a traditional 6 or 7?
6, he's more of a ball running, attacking half. Not controlling, game managing

Any idea if we have anyone coming through at7?
Don't think we do, we have grey and olaupu coming through at 6 who are both serious talents. The number 7 for grey and mozers magpie team might be signed to us? @1910 to confirm.

I'd be keen to sign Schneider from raiders but I don't think he'd be willing to spend time in the q cup under Reynolds. He's good enough to be a starting 7 at a few clubs

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.