Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Milford, Herbie & Ritchie are going to see a lot of traffic.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I really want to see Milford do more long kicking this game. He can’t sit back and rely on dearden. I thought Luke would be still run on dummy half but I’m still excited to see how this goes.

Where’s Dave Money Fifita?

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I really want to see Milford do more long kicking this game. He can’t sit back and rely on dearden. I thought Luke would be still run on dummy half but I’m still excited to see how this goes.

Agree but I'm sick of seeing our guys kick to the wingers and fullback. Only once in every ten kicks does it find the grass and we seldom challenge for the ball. Even if we do the luck or 50/50s rarely favour us. I'd tell Milford to kick long and hard to get to the ingoal AND BEYOND .

Yes, try to get it to the ingoal but no problem if it goes over the deadball line. Second best result for mine. A 7 tackle set, so what. With the new six again rule a 7+(often 10-12) tackle set happens as many as ten times against us so defending a 7 tackle set nowadays is no biggie. Bonus is sometimes it WILL settle in the ingoal and we can get a drop out our way. With either way the opposition never gets more than a 20metre restart anyway , so I wouldn't care about one extra tackle. For me the benifits FAR outweigh the added tackle.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

He also needs to kick for Coates

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
He did look way better. He even looked okay the week before but that performance was marred by handling errors. If Milford wasn't in the side I'd give us an even better chance and I can't believe his lack of mobility has suddenly improved. A fit Paix would simply have to be better.
I feel sorry for Flegs. I know personally I was ripping into him for his poor form from the return without knowing the reason he came back looking so unfit.

I still loved him though!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Shit looking squad with so many injuries.

- Don't like Herbie in the centres... we now lose his yardage out of our end
- TPJ should be starting at prop
- Offa and TPJ in the second row means we're going to see shenanigans with the middle and edge rotation
- Milf was on one leg last week
- 1 prop on the bench (shenanigans)

TPJ, Haas, and Carrigan with Flegs off the bench vs Woods, Uele and Jack Williams... if TPJ were to be starting in the middle we'd win the game in the opening 20mins as he'd take it to Sharon and see out Uele's stint. Also allows us to keep Flegler in reserve when he comes off.

Why not start Bullemore on the edge and sub TPJ onto his edge at around the 60min mark when he needs a breather??

Maybe if Arthars gets through his medical he'll come in at centre for Kennar and shift Herbie back to the wing

Good to see Turps back... I'm not so sold as everyone else for moving Paix straight to the halves (as he's been focusing on his game at hooker), but if Milf pulls out that's what they should be doing.

WILL THESE INJURIES EVER END!!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So we’ve come full circle and Darius Boyd is our fullback again [emoji2357]
What a year this has been.
Now seibs has done it you watch all the so called experts change their mind and claim it is a bad decision ... despite the fact that they've been calling for it to happen for weeks

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
He also needs to kick for Coates
Yes, agreed. I was just wondering about Milfords recent hamstring issue and thinking, will he be kicking? I mean how could he kick effectively? I wonder if Seibold will instruct Dearden to do the kicking and surely the opposition coach would wonder too. If Milford does kick will he have full power?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm saying it, I like Boyd back in the one. Apparently even some respected judges think it's a good idea too but no, that's not an appeal to authority, just interesting. I really don't see the wisdom putting Milford in but this might really be a ploy to take the heat off a planned late change. **** I hope so. A 5/8 with a sore hamstring and kicking responsibility, mmmm.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Coach Piehole:

“Darius has played the majority of his career in that position (fullback) and done a good job defensively for us. He is a pro and he will handle the change of position easily. He made a career for himself at fullback so he will be fine."

4db44490 9a58 11e9 afbe f22d83c45e73

He will be fine.

“The good news is we will get Jake Turpin back so he brings a lot of energy for us. He is a positive inclusion for us.”

“I don’t know how long he (Croft) will be out for. It’s a time thing, the players had day off (on Tuesday) and Brodie will get some more treatment on Wednesday and we will have a better idea then. Brodie was really restricted at training on Monday, he’s had a number of ‘stingers’ to the AC joint he hurt earlier in the year, he has stirred it up again. It doesn’t need any surgical intervention but it just needs time. He won’t play this week.”

McHunt

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Lostboy
  • Bish
  • Fitzy
  • Behold
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.