Round 12 Discussion

I've got an issue with Pay receiving a free pass for this season.

The media is pretending that he's being held over a barrel by Des' reckless spending, but in reality the only players they're paying to play elsewhere are Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods.

The contracts of Greg Eastwood, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, Sam Kasiano and James Graham all expired last year. None of them are under the Bulldogs salary cap.

Even a player like David Klemmer who signed with Canterbury till 2020 wouldn't be seeing a cent from Canterbury considering the deal he signed with Newcastle.

For mine it calls into question the legitimacy of the 'rebuild' season. Lately everyone has been quick to pat Nathan Brown on the back for flogging the defending premiers, but I don't think it was worth three horrendous seasons to get there. What he and Rick Stone did at Newcastle was a joke and the players that were there for the lean times aren't the stars of the roster now.

When you look at the Newcastle Knights it's names like Kalyn Ponga, Mitchell Pearce, David Klemmer etc. who have made the difference. Granted, there's still a few 'survivors' from that lean period like Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Danny Levi, Daniel Saifiti etc. who have made a decent contribution in recent weeks but I don't think Brown needed to adopt his reckless selection policy to unearth them and for mine, the jury is still out on whether they can get the job done in the finals.

Similarly at Canterbury they've released Mbye and Woods yet have failed to fill that void. The players that have been brought in like Nick Meaney, Jack Cogger, Sauaso Sue have failed to impress and little has been done to change the dynamic of the squad. What's also concerning is that despite making the U/18s Final in 2018, Canterbury weren't able to keep their brightest prospects in Logan Dillon and Tommy Talau. Maybe history will vindicate those decisions, but like the Wests Tigers who were bleeding players across all three levels, it doesn't bode well for the future.

Des may have been spinning his wheels at Canterbury, but at least he had the Bulldogs in the final's mix. I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel for Pay.
They will be at the bottom for a few years yet. Just like Newcastle struggled for years it will be difficult to attract quality players with that roster.

Wtf does Brennan see in Hipgrave?

What a fucking try-saver by Kahu.

That was sensational.

Kahu has been their best player so far. Taumalolo and Granville have been good, but Kahu’s been coming up with next-level efforts. That almost-try for GGM was superb, just unfortunate that it floated forward.

Kahu has been their best player so far. Taumalolo and Granville have been good, but Kahu’s been coming up with next-level efforts. That almost-try for GGM was superb, just unfortunate that it floated forward.
I thought it looked like he threw it backwards & it floated forward. Doesn't that apply any more?

Taylor isn't even first grade quality at the moment.

How much of a wet fart has Taylor turned out to be lol

Why is Tallis allowed to commentate tits games.

How much ball have the Titans had and been able to put on nothing late in this half?
[automerge]1559461296[/automerge]
Dumb from the Cowboys there

Last edited:
I’m glad we got rid of Hipgrave he’s so grubby

Someone put a suicide net below below Brennan's box

How shit are the Titans, fucking hell.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Rookie Alan
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Kev_Guz
  • pennywisealfie
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Organix
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gray
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Big Del
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.