Round 12 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Gonna be a tough match.

Team I would name, assuming Hoffman and Teo back, and Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant all out (injury/not backing up). Yow Yeh should be right.

1. Hoffman
2. Copley
3. Beale
4. Reed
5. Yow Yeh
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Dodds
9. Baptiste
10. Carlaw
11. Glenn
12. Te'o
13. Parker
-----------------------
14. Anderson
15. Hala
16. Kenny
17. Butterfield

Worried about our front rowers in this game. Dodds to start for some defensive muscle early, and Carlaw back for some experience. I don't think I've seen 2 front rowers get absolutely dominated in hit-ups more than Anderson and Kenny. Got them retaining their spots though because we don't want too many rookies.

And yes I am aware it's unlikely that McCullough will be dropped for an Under 20's and QCup hooker but he damn well should be.

I know I'm contradicting an earlier point but I'd rather see Yow Yeh at centre and Gagai on the wing as opposed to shifting Beale there. Tonight showed just what a liability he is in defence and he's always been fairly ineffective out-wide.

Not sold on Butterfield, I know people are desperate to get rid of Macca but I believe having Baptiste on the bench and him having a blinder is a better alternative than throwing somebody who's had bugger all to do with the top side.

I'd draft Tronc back in if possible. Ditch Anderson and Kenny can come off the bench.

I'm fine with the rest of the side.

Tronc is out indefinately with a neck injury. I doubt he will be right.

If he isn't right then I'd honestly consider drafting Ahern or Frei in.

Anybody other than Anderson.

That was dog s**t tonight and it's been dog s**t for sometime.

1- Hoffman
2- Copley
3- Reed
4- Yow Yeh (if he back ups, otherwise Te'o)
5- Gagai (probably will be Beale, but I'd prefer the former)
6- Norman
7- Wallace
8- Hannant (if he backs up, otherwise Tronc)
9- corner flag/goal post/Macca (but I'd like to see Baptiste given a go)
10-Tronc (Anderson if Hannant is out)
11- Glenn
12- Te'o
13- Parker

14- Beale (Baptiste if Beale is on the wing)
15- Carlaw
16- Dodds
17- McGuire (if he's back, otherwise Kenny or Hala)

Big Pete said:
Hell give me Britt over Anderson.
Just because he had a shocker tonight (amongst lots of shockers, let's not forget), doesn't mean he shouldn't line up, especially if we're missing both Thaiday and Hannant.

I've never rated him and I think he's been terrible so far in 2011.

Hodges grade 1 hamstring so shouldn't miss any games

How is Lingwoodock playing?? Wouldn't mind to see him get a run. Baptiste is a must IMO because Macca is not cutting it.

the sims brothers would be pretty handy right about now......f@#$ing henjak

kluppy said:
the sims brothers would be pretty handy right about now......f@#$ing henjak

They both would've come in handy now..and both have been playing well for the Cowboys.

Tariq was such a disappointment to lose, so much potential at such a young age, he could become anything. He has also been playing consistently well this year in first grade.

I didn't really mind loosing Ashton, Tariq on the other hand will become a superstar as he gains experience and matures.

Stuff them we don't need em :)

We'll probably see a few of the Queensland players back up. It's okay to rest those guys after winning 7 straight, but when you're looking at 3 straight losses, if you can fit them in you should.

Confirmed Hodges will miss this game.

"NRMA Insurance Broncos medical staff have confirmed that Justin Hodges will miss two Broncos games because of a hamstring tear that almost certainly leaves him out of next week's Origin opener."
http://bit.ly/je6LuZ

He wouldn't have played the game anyway if he wasn't injured because Griffin would have rested him again.

How about we don't even field a team during the origin period [icon_shady

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.