vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Bennett have a personal Vendetta against Kodi? I don't know how he can start Benji (who's only had one game back with the Dolphins since injury) and Hunt (who has only just come back from injury) over Nikorima who has been sensational in their absence. I saw Niko was on the bench at 17 earlier then pushed to 18 with Boyce coming into the side. What the hell is Bennett upto?
It's a pretty inexperienced side being rolled out on Sat but at least there is vast experience in the halves which will give the side some stability. Kodi has been ok in Hunt's absence but his lack of kicking game, predictable running game and defensive inconsistencies would make it a big risk to start with him when the team is so depleted. As a whole, he is much more effective as a utility/second stringer and Bennett knows that hence being picked on the bench. I look forward to the Hunt/Benji combo.

Because during that time they were injured.

He was our back up (Hooker, Half Back, 5/8, Utility), Hunt and Benji get injured so it's only natural Kodi slots into the starting line up. He plays well while continually getting better week in week out with a MOTM performance against the Tigers. Hunt and Benji come back from injury slot straight into the starting line up. And Waddell gets starting Hooker over him.

I mean what's the poor bloke gotta do.

Not all of our halves options were injured. There was also the option of moving Boyd to 6 which Bennett has done before and moving Milford to 7.

If Bennett had a personal vendetta against the guy, he wouldn't be halfback.

As for Waddell being picked at 9 over Kodi, well Kodi is a weak defender. He would get rolled starting at 9 and would put us on the back foot. His spark and speed would be valuable off the bench against a tiring Warriors pack that are considerably weak defenders themselves.

Benji adds valuable experience in the starting side when we will be seriously lacking it.

This is purely a tactics move. It's not personal.

Not all of our halves options were injured. There was also the option of moving Boyd to 6 which Bennett has done before and moving Milford to 7.

If Bennett had a personal vendetta against the guy, he wouldn't be halfback.

As for Waddell being picked at 9 over Kodi, well Kodi is a weak defender. He would get rolled starting at 9 and would put us on the back foot. His spark and speed would be valuable off the bench against a tiring Warriors pack that are considerably weak defenders themselves.

Benji adds valuable experience in the starting side when we will be seriously lacking it.

This is purely a tactics move. It's not personal.
But he's named at 18 so unless Bennett has a 5 man bench then he's likely to miss out altogether. MOTM one week and the next possibly dropped altogether. And his defense has significantly improved over the past few weeks and we've played some pretty solid sides.

But he's named at 18 so unless Bennett has a 5 man bench then he's likely to miss out altogether. MOTM one week and the next possibly dropped altogether. And his defense has significantly improved over the past few weeks and we've played some pretty solid sides.

Named at 18 but on the bench.

So we're running a 4 forward 1 utility bench okay that makes me feel a little better knowing he's in the side.

You can't have 5 people on the bench lol.

It's 3 forwards + Kodi.

It's a bit weird having Kodi wearing 18 and Boyce 17 even if Kodi has been named on the bench while Boyce haven't.

Then again the Dogs have no 18 (due to their "fans are our 18th man" gimmick) and Brad Abbey is in the squad with 23 rather than 22. No 19 for the Warriors either. Maybe it's just personal preference for whatever reason and having Kodi wearing 17 next to Hunt with the 7 would be confusing.

You can't have 5 people on the bench lol.

It's 3 forwards + Kodi.
1. Jordan Kahu
2. Jonus Pearson
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. David Mead
6. Benji Marshall
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Travis Waddell
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Korbin Sims

14. George Fai
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Jai Arrow
17. Joe Boyce

18. Kodi Nikorima
19. Jamayne Isaako
20. Tavita Pangai Jnr
21. Francis Molo

@BuckietheBronc

Go by the team list on the Broncos website:

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/05/23/broncos_ins_and_outs.af_news.html

BRONCOS NRL SQUAD
1. Jordan Kahu
2. Jonus Pearson
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. David Mead
6. Benji Marshall
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese’ese
9. Travis Waddell
10. Adam Blair ©
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su’A
13. Korbin Sims

Interchange:

14. George Fai
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Jai Arrow
18. Kodi Nikorima

Reserve: Joe Boyce
Reserve: Jamayne Isaako
Reserve: Tevita Pangai
Reserve: Francis Molo

Coach: Wayne Bennett

@BuckietheBronc

Go by the team list on the Broncos website:

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/05/23/broncos_ins_and_outs.af_news.html

BRONCOS NRL SQUAD
1. Jordan Kahu
2. Jonus Pearson
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. David Mead
6. Benji Marshall
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese’ese
9. Travis Waddell
10. Adam Blair [emoji767]
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su’A
13. Korbin Sims

Interchange:

14. George Fai
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Jai Arrow
18. Kodi Nikorima

Reserve: Joe Boyce
Reserve: Jamayne Isaako
Reserve: Tevita Pangai
Reserve: Francis Molo

Coach: Wayne Bennett
Why would they have different line ups on the NRL and Broncos website? Isn't the NRL website better to go by?

It's a bit weird having Kodi wearing 18 and Boyce 17 even if Kodi has been named on the bench while Boyce haven't.

Then again the Dogs have no 18 (due to their "fans are our 18th man" gimmick) and Brad Abbey is in the squad with 23 rather than 22. No 19 for the Warriors either. Maybe it's just personal preference for whatever reason and having Kodi wearing 17 next to Hunt with the 7 would be confusing.

Size too. Jumper 18 might be smaller and fit him better.

Size too. Jumper 18 might be smaller.

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of NRL jerseys but do they lack the ability to order multiple sizes or change jersey numbers? I was always thinking Sammy was joking when he said only the 11 jersey fit him.

I'm not familiar with the intricacies of NRL jerseys but do they lack the ability to order multiple sizes or change jersey numbers? I was always thinking Sammy was joking when he said only the 11 jersey fit him.

It was obviously a joke imo that people have taken seriously for some reason

It was obviously a joke imo that people have taken seriously for some reason

Mostly coz it kept happening every week so everyone thought it was legit. Same with the Sims/Ese'ese switch

Benji is named in the Redcliffe side, perhaps another clue that Niko will infact start at five-eighth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • ParraMania
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Boss
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.