Warriors

Kickoff In:

McLean Park

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Broncos

Team Lists

Kinda excited to see the team list. Kev will pick sailor at fb. He can play as of last round. I reckon willison will be up for this one, he's filled out massively. I like the thought of blooding tekura but I'm terrified he will get poached. He looks to be another strong forward.

True that @Santa. Sadly without our forwards it’s not an automatic win for us.
Full strength team? I think we pump them.
If Reynolds and Oates are back it will put us in a good position for an upset (hopefully our whole spine is playing). I think our bench forwards can at least hold them out.

Kinda excited to see the team list. Kev will pick sailor at fb. He can play as of last round. I reckon willison will be up for this one, he's filled out massively. I like the thought of blooding tekura but I'm terrified he will get poached. He looks to be another strong forward.

Didn't @1910 say Te Kura is signed until 2026 or something?

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Pereira
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Flegler
11. Riki
12. Piakura
13. Hetherington
14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Taupau
17. Willison

Nothing to really debate about I wouldn’t think. Can’t see Flegs or Walsh making origin and I don’t think Capes is far away from missing. Pereira on the wing for purely metres. Oates and him will be the 2 extra forwards. I think we can win it considering we will have the majority of our backs and spine there. Just need to make metres. Can’t be in a position where we aren’t making metres. Just need to get down their end of the field and create as many chances as possible. One thing is for sure if we put in the same effort in defence tonight we can come away with the W. Big game here to alleviate some pressure on the ladder.
Was thinking the same with pereria. Arthurs has been great but he can't help out with the metres. Should be 18th man every game bcos of his versatility and HUGE reliability, but only in the team when we dont play a top 4 team. The top teams rush him and push him back when we are getting out of our danger zone. Great fill in and certainly nrl standard, just not what we need against some teams.

What’s happened to Shalom O'Ofou?! I thought he looked good in trials. @1910 how has he been in cup?

With Papalii retiring from rep footy effective immediately and Ponga's concussion history, I don't see either of them being available.
Ponga will be fullback unless he gets injured. Even then I'm not sure slater picks Walsh.
Flegler is playing well but nowhere near the level of some other middle contenders this year. Qld is stacked for middle forwards this year. 5-6 of Welch, tino, Collins, cotter, carrigan, Arrow, mo fotuaika and horsborough are getting picked before flegler. He won't get in unless there are about 2-3 injuries to our middle options this weekend. That's after papalii retired too!

Mariner has to get a game too, he's the future, bring him in.
I agree but at the same time I don't know, Arthars is playing good even on his non preferred side, I'm thinking Staggs might have to be considered to be dropped atm, he hasn't got any attack like he used to and something tells me Arthars would do way better there in his best position.

I mean Arthars is pretty young himself too, he is 24 and has made big improvements this year

I agree but at the same time I don't know, Arthars is playing good even on his non preferred side, I'm thinking Staggs might have to be considered to be dropped atm, he hasn't got any attack like he used to and something tells me Arthars would do way better there in his best position.
I was just thinking, how long does staggs have left on his contract? Is it two more years after this? He’s been so average.

He should. He’s not a fullback. At fullback you need to pass the ball. He’s also leaving, so you know, get fucked Herbie.
Not always, it just depends on the makeup of your team, for Penrith Edwards works who I think Herbie would play the exact same way, but they have creation threats in the their centres not just their halves unlike us.

The evidence from last year and this year proves when TMM(a Creator) came in we went on a huge run, then this year with Walsh who is on another level in creation we have looked insane.

If Walsh is 18th Man I would put Sailor, Herbie isn't a creator and I think Walsh proves we need a creator at fullback even though I think he would be like Dylan Edwards at 1.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that an nrl side has to go without one of their players so they can collect splinters on the bench fo an origin team. It should go back to the way it was where they are released back to their clubs & then come back into camp again after the game.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that an nrl side has to go without one of their players so they can collect splinters on the bench fo an origin team. It should go back to the way it was where they are released back to their clubs & then come back into camp again after the game.
It's annoying and personally I would rather Origin weeks be byes for everyone, but 18th man is required with modern rules, any player that gets a failed HIA off a penalty now can activate the 18th man and in Origin where the hits are harder there is a strong chance of them coming into the game.

I'm of the strong opinion though that the 18th man for QLD has to be a forward, there is enough versatility in the backs to handle any player coming off especially if Hammer is picked same with Capewell, forwards who need to be rotated anyway need more options available.

It's annoying and personally I would rather Origin weeks be byes for everyone, but 18th man is required with modern rules, any player that gets a failed HIA off a penalty now can activate the 18th man and in Origin where the hits are harder there is a strong chance of them coming into the game.
Can only be activated if the foul play that resulted in the HIA is also a sin bin or send off.

18th man can also be activated if there are 2 failed HIA's in a game... so there's more chance an 18th man can be activated.

If the NRL's concern is that the 18th man will play too many games around origin, then I think they just put a rule in that a player can't play more than 3 games in a week.

So in that sense the 18th man can play with his NRL side the week prior to origin, but if they get called into the game as 18th man then they sit out the next week... if they don't play origin then they play the next week as normal.

I think Nicho was 18th man for NSW last year, imagine how fucked that would be for the Sharks that Nicho is sitting on the pine for 3 games... the Dally M player of the year unavailable so he can watch origin from the sidelines.

Fucking stupid

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.