vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the feeling we're due for a big game. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a similar result from last year, 36-10.

If we defend up the middle in their collective face, and continue our top goal line defence and one-on-one tackling, and if our attack continues to improve as it has been from the beginning, there is no reason we can't win this.

Putting it another way, if our defensive line stands around waiting for them, giving their halves time and space as has been the case more than less over the past weeks, we will lose.

Manly are finding their form. They are always hard to beat when they fire, more so if DCE and Foran play.

Last edited:
Jamie Lyon to score a torso try.

Gets me every time.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate justice if Maranta wins the game on the buzzer with a torso try?

After a 55m field goal by Ben Hunt

I hope Parker's kicking is perfect. His failed conversions have hurt us against Manly in a couple of games at Suncorp..

In 2009, he missed 2 and we lost by 2.

In 2012, he missed 4 and we lost by 2.

Last edited:
I really hope we pump Manly, to me there is nothing sweeter than smashing the crap out of the sea eagles. I am sensing a surprise attack though, they didn't look that bad from what I saw v the cows.

Toovey to get the sack before Friday with a caretaker coach before Barrett takes over next week. The board can't afford to let Toovey coach his full squad if they want to sack him

I hope Parker's kicking is perfect. His failed conversions have hurt us against Manly in a couple of games at Suncorp..

In 2009, he missed 2 and we lost by 2.

In 2012, he missed 4 and we lost by 2.

The good news is Parker is kicking the best this season then he has since 2010 and above his overall career average, still need a better kicker but it's good to see.

I think Bennett has put emphasis on his defense this season. He has improved tenfold in that aspect and became a workhorse, but his attacking spark needs some attention now, although he has been very unlucky with the bounce of the ball this season, like against the Raiders, even if he should have done better with that offload from Vidot.

Now that Milford is getting into a groove, I hope he will start to put him into holes, as that is one of Hunt's weaknesses, and we have been making very little use of our backrowers in attack.

He still has glimpses, and that line break with the pass to Macca was the Matty of old, but his usefulness in the team cannot be underestimated. He is always one of the first kick chasers, harasses the opposition halves regularly, and has been a huge factor in our right side defense. There is absolutely no reason to take him out of the starting team, and I'm convinced WB won't do it.

I see this as a such a waste of talent, especially as far as Gillett is concerned. While Hunt works the right hand side fairly well, I can't recall too many worked combinations with Matt. Milford gives Glenn more quality ball on the left.

I'd love to see Milford and Gillett work together. Milford's speed across the field and coming up into the line creates space and depth which would give Gillett more room to show his running game. Aside from which, why is Milford confined to one side of the field so often?

49 tackles. Gillett belongs in the starting 17.

I see this as a such a waste of talent, especially as far as Gillett is concerned. While Hunt works the right hand side fairly well, I can't recall too many worked combinations with Matt. Milford gives Glenn more quality ball on the left.

I'd love to see Milford and Gillett work together. Milford's speed across the field and coming up into the line creates space and depth which would give Gillett more room to show his running game. Aside from which, why is Milford confined to one side of the field so often?

49 tackles. Gillett belongs in the starting 17.
Hate to break it to you, but only 13 players can start [emoji14]

Injury Report -

Copley (Hamstring) - Due Back: Round 15 vs Storm
Dodds (Knee) - Due Back: Round 15 vs Storm
Nikorima (Medial) - Due Back: Round 16 vs Knights

Will be nice to be nearly fully healthy in a few weeks time, let's hope Maranta's injury is only minor as well.

On a different note we may have seen the last game David Stagg will play in the NRL, he got stretchered off in the Dolphins vs Seagulls match and early reports are a fracture to his vertebrae, haven't heard any updates.

On a different note we may have seen the last game David Stagg will play in the NRL, he got stretchered off in the Dolphins vs Seagulls match and early reports are a fracture to his vertebrae, haven't heard any updates.

Was at the game and saw it happen. Looked awful. Just went in low for a tackle and got his head in the wrong spot.

Hoping for the best for him that's for sure.

Ouch. Well yeah he won't come back from that. Lets hope he doesnt have any lasting damage

Toovey to get the sack before Friday with a caretaker coach before Barrett takes over next week. The board can't afford to let Toovey coach his full squad if they want to sack him

I'm more worried that DCE will notify his teammates that he'll be staying at Manly and they all have a blinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • Allo
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • Jazza
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.