Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
No one told him to stop posting... WTF?
True that and I also didn't say someone had told him not to post. I just wanted to encourage him to continue posting just in case he felt unappreciated and decided it was not worth the effort. Everyone likes a little oil sometime.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I feel unappreciated.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Haha Ben Barba was the giant turd and Hoggman was our playmaker but I still stayed around.
Don't you dare call the one year dally m player of the year who has been shyte since a turd, you might hurt the turd's feelings

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm confident we can win this, but I'm not 100% confident. More like 60%.

Manly are desperate. Not often would you see a team go from Semi Finalists to potential wooden spooners in a year. They need a win a lot more than we do. Add the fact that they have a good record against us in the past 10 years and DCE returning from injury, this becomes a real danger game for us.

In the past 10 years, we have won 4 out of 9 games. We should have won more, but bad defense and poor goal kicking cost us.

In 2009, we were up 16-0. We lost 22-20 despite a great effort from Winterstein to score in the final minutes of the game and give Parker a chance to take the game into Golden Point.

In 2012, we were up by 2 in the final 10 minutes. Manly go the length of the field in 2 tackles to score the winning try in the final minute of the game.

In 2013, we were up 14-6. Manly came out in the second half and blew us away.

I have no doubt Manly will start this game strong. I'm predicting they will take the early lead. But I'm confident the Broncos can bounce back from it and take the lead. It's the closing stages I am worried about, though. I think it will be a close game and it will go down to the wire.

Broncos have been performing strongly this year, a lot better than I think most people expected. Their biggest improvement has been their defense, and the self belief. It has won us games we would have lost in the past few years. I think it can win us this game.

Broncos by 4.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Let me know where you guys are sitting and I'll come say hello. Do you get there for the under 20s game?

Normally but I probably won't get there until 6:30 -7:00 at best. I'll PM where we sit. We'll be the fat guys at the front in Broncos supporter gear. That should narrow it down...

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Normally but I probably won't get there until 6:30 -7:00 at best. I'll PM where we sit. We'll be the fat guys at the front in Broncos supporter gear. That should narrow it down...

Which BHQ'ers are we talking? I'm tipping you (obviously), Harry Sack, Porthoz perhaps, Fozz maybe? Others?

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I thought you guys were the ones in the horse heads?

ReasonableSlushyArchaeopteryx.gif

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Which BHQ'ers are we talking? I'm tipping you (obviously), Harry Sack, Porthoz perhaps, Fozz maybe? Others?

I'm a maybe at this stage. Keep an eye out for these 2 guys.....

user624_1177021500.jpg

mark%20rosen.jpg

...and you'll know you've found Morks and Port. If you see a guy with them about half their height, you'll know I'm there too.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, possibly Morks, Harry and I, but we're not fat... we're important! :wink:

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm a maybe at this stage. Keep an eye out for these 2 guys.....

user624_1177021500.jpg

mark%20rosen.jpg

...and you'll know you've found Morks and Port. If you see a guy with them about half their height, you'll know I'm there too.

Harry looks like Peter Dinklage with less hair

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Read the Ash Taylor thread- he’s just playing ISC, No pressure in ISC, It’s easy in ISC.

Wow.....stew much? :laugh:

and from memory the discussion was more like.....less pressure.....more time.....compared to the NRL. No-one said anything about it being easy and anything that was said was not criticising or demeaning in any way

simply fact.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I really want to win this game, more so than any other. I could care less about beating teams like Canberra.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I think we really aren't getting enough credit in this one. The bookies have us as deep favorites, most tipsters believe we'll be too good, DCE is most likely going to get belted by the Suncorp crowd which hopefully puts him off his game.

Otherwise run Thaiday at him all night and put the fear of god in him.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Fozz hangs with the cool group. We don't get invited. B4L used to hang with us, but ever since he won BB he doesn't have time for us any more.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Hoping for a strong start and an even stronger finish. They do have quality backs,(actually rate Foran well ahead of Cherry Evans)a great fullback and world class centers. That said, we have a much better back row and have shown a superior defensive mindset. I am guessing Bennett would be totally preaching defense. Going to pick the Broncos in a close one. Lets hope that Kahu can slot a few.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Hoping for a strong start and an even stronger finish. They do have quality backs,(actually rate Foran well ahead of Cherry Evans)a great fullback and world class centers. That said, we have a much better back row and have shown a superior defensive mindset. I am guessing Bennett would be totally preaching defense. Going to pick the Broncos in a close one. Lets hope that Kahu can slot a few.

Foran has been terrible this year. He's already checked out and his head is in Parramatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Rookie Alan
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.