Round 13 - Canberra vs. Broncos - LIVE DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team is certainly not playing for the coach or their team mates. Thaiday has been a terrible skipper for us. Not sure if it makes a difference overall but he needs to be stripped of the captaincy.

Our season just goes from bad to worse, maybe Ricky had the right idea. Tell the players that half of them are going to be sacked at the end of the year and that no one is safe, just don't tell them which ones...

Pretty fair argument for given the captaincy to Parker with those stats IMO.
Mate I've wanted Parker to have the captaincy from the day Locky retired. He's been a better player than Thaiday for a long time and always puts in the most effort out of anyone in the team. Thaiday only got it because he plays for Australia. I don't believe the BS about the playing group not liking Parker.

Griffin should strip Thaiday's captaincy next week, make a statement.

Neither Parker or Thaiday would make good captains.

How did the side play under Parker when he was captain? Hrmm?

And yes, the behaviour of the coach is one of the pettiest things I've seen. I could care less if he was animated - it's a non entity.

Let's complain about his haircut next, should get the DCE look.

I'm beginning to think Henjak wasn't the problem.

Griffin should sack thaiday as captain then sack himself. Have some balls coach

Thaiday is always last onside after the opposition kicks down field... He's always been lazy... only shows up when it's origin time. . You don't see him the other 5 months of the year

Can't wait for the post match media conference about how unacceptable performances like this are etc, clearly backed up by actions.

I wonder if hook ever gives instructions from the box. Its no wonder we are lost on the field.

Didn't Alfie leave his on-field trainer role for a business role this season? Maybe Alfie was actually the on-field captain..

Neither Parker or Thaiday would make good captains.

How did the side play under Parker when he was captain? Hrmm?

And yes, the behaviour of the coach is one of the pettiest things I've seen. I could care less if he was animated - it's a non entity.

Let's complain about his haircut next, should get the DCE look.
What makes you think Parker isn't a good captain? The only time he's got to be captain is when we're origin depleted and had no chance anyway, I don't think his W-L record as captain is a fair indicator.

Either way I don't think Thaiday has what it takes, he's inconsistent and plays 1 good game out of 10, Parker plays 1 bad game out of 10, that's the difference.

I'm not being over the top but I can't remember the last time Thaiday had an awesome game where he had me thinking "Thank the NRL gods that he's not playing for anyone else" and he's probably our highest paid player.

Last edited:
I only ever see thaiday sucking in the big ones. He must be still sneaking in some maccas after trainning

haha so thaiday looked intent that set coming in for his second run of the set and drops it ...... uhhhhhhhh. pass was poor i guess.

terrible from Hunt and Thaiday

There goes the second half after 30 seconds. Good work cap!

Captain Thaiday inspiring the team to a good start.

At the same time, Canberra are playing well. Good forward momentum, good defensive line speed and getting it out wide as often as possible. They know it's slippery and difficult to tackle out wide so they play smart.

We are one-out ... again way too much, and yes, no support play. It's like we have given up on anyone making a break or off loading.

We are losing because we being outplayed by a much better side, coached much better

What makes you think Parker isn't a good captain? The only time he's got to be captain is when we're origin depleted and had no chance anyway, I don't think his W-L record as captain is a fair indicator.

Either way I don't think Thaiday has what it takes, he's inconsistent and plays 1 good game out of 10, Parker plays 1 bad game out of 10, that's the difference.

I'm not being over the top but I can't remember the last time Thaiday had an awesome game where he had me thinking "Thank the NRL gods that he's not playing for anyone else" and he's probably our highest paid player.

That doesn't excuse him leading us to huge defeats. He had his chance and really wasn't that good.

The truth is, the Broncos didn't have anybody after Hunt left.

Glenn should be the next captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • HVbronco
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.