Round 13 Discussion

He didn't move it in at all, he moved it back ~10 metres to improve the angle, you can see the line relative to where it was in the first photo in front of him.

gpSfcOP.jpg

he can't do that either

he can't do that either

You can move back from a penalty. Teams do it all the time when they get a penalty 2 metres away from the line. You just have to be in line from where the penalty was conceded.

I watched the game and am pretty sure it was around the 30m line where the offense took place...

looking at the players' shadows it looks like he took it in the right spot.Papalli is standing up and his shadow just reaches the sideline. When Croker is crouching setting the ball up his shadow doesn't reach the sideline. It's an optical illusion that he moved it in it just looks like he is closer to the sideline than he is from that certain camera angle.

You can move back from a penalty. Teams do it all the time when they get a penalty 2 metres away from the line. You just have to be in line from where the penalty was conceded.

Isn't that only for conversions?

I'm always thought that that a penalty kick (either at goal or for touch) had to be taken from the mark (which is where the offence occurred)

He didn't move it in at all, he moved it back ~10 metres to improve the angle, you can see the line relative to where it was in the first photo in front of him.

gpSfcOP.jpg

Yes, he did move it in.

Keep watching when Manly get the ball from the kick off in Golden Point, and you will see the other line closer towards the sideline.

Isn't that only for conversions?

I'm always thought that that a penalty kick (either at goal or for touch) had to be taken from the mark (which is where the offence occurred)

It can be taken on or behind the mark, but it can't be moved in.

Yes, he did move it in.

Keep watching when Manly get the ball from the kick off in Golden Point, and you will see the other line closer towards the sideline.

I haven't got the full game and the highlights don't show the penalty, I'm going purely off your screenshots, figured my explanation was the only reasonable one, don't see how the refs would miss him moving the ball 8 metres in-field.

I haven't got the full game and the highlights don't show the penalty, I'm going purely off your screenshots, figured my explanation was the only reasonable one, don't see how the refs would miss him moving the ball 8 metres in-field.
Well, they miss a hell of a lot so it wouldn't suprise me if they did miss Croker moving directly in front of the posts.

I don't think they miss it, they just don't care.

It happens in every single game. Players moving the ball a couple of metres closer towards the posts to make the conversion attempt just that little bit easier.

It's definitely not as bad as what i originally thought. What the hell was I looking at lol.

It's definitely not as bad as what i originally thought. What the hell was I looking at lol.

You were looking at it just fine.

He did move it in at least 5 metres, if not more.

You can't even see the other lines in that shot of Croker setting up for the conversion.. That's how far in he moved it.

Can you post another screenshot of him lining up the kick @Super Freak, one that shows the line that we can see in the first photo? I can't find any highlights which show the penalty taking place for whatever reason.

It is clear as day he didn't move it in. It is just the first camera angle it looks close to the sideline. Some people just whinge for the sake of whinging.

I had a look through twitter yesterday and had about 10 fans saying the raiders were carried all game and 10 fans saying it was one of the most biased refereeing performances against the raiders. Presumably from biased supporters that have no subjectivity at all. People that whinge about referees are the worst when 90% of the time they are getting it right. Always looking for somebody to blame. What makes sport so great and so frustrating at the same time. Passion.

Ironically I am whinging now.

It is clear as day he didn't move it in. It is just the first camera angle it looks close to the sideline. Some people just whinge for the sake of whinging.

I had a look through twitter yesterday and had about 10 fans saying the raiders were carried all game and 10 fans saying it was one of the most biased refereeing performances against the raiders. Presumably from biased supporters that have no subjectivity at all. People that whinge about referees are the worst when 90% of the time they are getting it right. Always looking for somebody to blame. What makes sport so great and so frustrating at the same time. Passion.

Ironically I am whinging now.

Is subjectivity your middle name? It's all you seem to focus on.

Why would bias have any relevance on a Broncos forum in a conversation about a game between Canberra and Manly.

I think it's definitely an optical illusion of some sort, I just went and had another look at the footage, there's only 1 lot of markings every 10 metres, he's clearly ~2 metres inside them in each photo.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • RolledOates
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ras
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • LGH
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.