Round 13 Discussion

Thats bound to happen when your watching the footy though your eyelids. But yes I enjoyed the game, it had it all
I agree, it was a really good game. Even the commentators mentioned the speed of the match. One of more higher standard matches that I have seen in a couple weeks. Certainly better than that Bris /Parra snore fest.

JWH blindsided Milford late a few weeks ago and nobody bats an eye. Jack Gosiewski hits Thurston late and it's all over the tv and he had a whinge in the post game interview. Honestly what a weak bloke. When he retires some will remember him for his abilities on the field but I can only remember him as a sook.

JWH blindsided Milford late a few weeks ago and nobody bats an eye. Jack Gosiewski hits Thurston late and it's all over the tv and he had a whinge in the post game interview. Honestly what a weak bloke. When he retires some will remember him for his abilities on the field but I can only remember him as a sook.

I'll remember him as that guy who went a year too long.

So, Thurston has an opportunity to change the game for the better by using his profile to better protect halves, yet he’s labeled a sook. Talk poppy syndrome to the extreme.

He’s not using it to make the game safer. He likes to go closer to the line than most other halves, and he wants to do it without the risk of getting hit, late or legally. He wants his cake and to eat it too.

Goddamn I love watching Souths this year.

They have completely changed the way they play. None of that predictable, boring block play shit. Just power through opposition teams with their forward power and throw the ball around.

So, Thurston has an opportunity to change the game for the better by using his profile to better protect halves, yet he’s labeled a sook. Talk poppy syndrome to the extreme.

This is a contact sport.

If you're going to take the ball to the line, you're going to get hit hard. The cheap shots need to go but the majority of hits he cops are completely legal and fine and he constantly complains over them.

Beau Scott smashed him in 2015 over and over again, legally. He complained. That's not the first time either.

I guess people are getting sick of him complaining over and over again so they label him a sook whenever he does.

He’s not using it to make the game safer. He likes to go closer to the line than most other halves, and he wants to do it without the risk of getting hit, late or legally. He wants his cake and to eat it too.

To be fair it was a legit shoulder charge though.

Are you saying he isn't a sook?

Even James Maloney came out against the hits on Thurston

Goddamn I love watching Souths this year.

They have completely changed the way they play. None of that predictable, boring block play shit. Just power through opposition teams with their forward power and throw the ball around.

They have been awesome to watch tonight.

But anyway it’s been all Souffs this half

Even James Maloney came out against the hits on Thurston

With an Origin game around the corner that he will be kicking in. Doesn't take a genius to realise his motivation.

The punishment the Manly player got was sufficient.

I also don't get the statement it's pushing the smaller skillful players out of the game. Has there been any evidence of this?

Declining halves in juniors.

Have they actually proven the decline is due to that?

The decline could be for a whole number of reasons.

The punishment the Manly player got was sufficient.

I also don't get the statement it's pushing the smaller skillful players out of the game. Has there been any evidence of this?

I didn’t see the Scott shoulder charge last week that he got a week for. Was it more blatant than the hit on Thurston?

I didn’t see the Scott shoulder charge last week that he got a week for. Was it more blatant than the hit on Thurston?

I would say Scott's was more of a shoulder charge than Jack's.

Scott came flying in with the arm tucked in. Jack's was very close to not being a shoulder charge, if he moved the body just a few more inches to the right, it's just a late hit and not a shoulder charge.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.