Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

In terms of cap management and whilst still saleable, I’d be shopping TPJ non stop over lodge. A wet night away from home in origin period is where you expect a player like him to raise the bar and nothing .... again

TPJ very over rated .
Lacks appetite for the grind .

TPJ very over rated .
Lacks appetite for the grind .
Are you taking the piss? he had the same amount of hit ups as lodge last night (as a second rower) and bent the line on most of his runs (most post contact metres from the forwards) His effort this year has been outstanding and is one of the last players this forum should be crucifying.

BREAKING ACROSS THE WORLD:

TRANSLATION:

Jamayne Isaako scuttles the Broncos

"The Broncos got off to a good start, taking the lead twice in the first thirty minutes. Then the Jamayne Isaako show started. Not quite the kind of show his coach expects. The Brisbane full-back sank his team on his own like a big one. The Broncos can't aim for the first half of the table with a fullback at this level. The Dragons took advantage of this and didn't have to strain their talent to come out on top in the second act with a very good Matt Dufty."

McHunt

I get this year is well and truely over and we are needing to prepare for 2022. However, the disappointing thing is for the last 3 years we have said the exact same thing.
As a supporter it is getting super hard to believe what this club is trying to sell to us loyal fans.
We have bought Reynolds and Lee for 2022. We have re-signed Staggs, Riki, Cobbo, TC & Piakura however we are still left with no answers to the key spine positions; 1, 6 & 9.
Getting flogged by 50 two years ago felt like a massive ‘oh shit’ moment however this club has unfortunately turned it into a regular occurrence.
And if I’m being 100% honest, I’m not seeing much improvement this year on what Seibold managed over the last 2 and thats very worrying.
We’re a lot more improved since last year with Seibold

TRANSLATION:

"The Broncos got off to a good start, taking the lead twice in the first thirty minutes. Then the Jamayne Isaako show started. Not quite the kind of show his coach expects. The Brisbane full-back sank his team on his own like a big one. The Broncos can't aim for the first half of the table with a fullback at this level. The Dragons took advantage of this and didn't have to strain their talent to come out on top in the second act with a very good Matt Dufty."

McHunt

When the French are ripping in, you know theres a problem.

Credit to the guys who actually sat through the whole game , I turned off at the sin bin
I got to the Kerr try after the bin before turning it off and checking the score. (Didn’t expect the 50 mark). Also had it on 1.5x speed after the halftime play embarrassment

TRANSLATION:

McHunt

Lucky for us we didn't overpay for Corey Allan or Nicho Hynes.

I said in an earlier post this mob need team therapy. As soon as push comes to shove many of them just don't want get into the grind. There seems to be a concerted mind set of 'oh here we go again' and heads drop. Getting some experience and our 'captain' back seemed to make no difference. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Lexy offers nothing out there in the way of leadership and his own game is bordering on diabolical. He has sadly gone way past his use by date.

I was furious that Lodge had nobody backing him up for his offloads. surly after the 2nd or 3rd time he would have demanded support when they went into the huddle? Why this never eventuated suggests a rift between some players in the group. The fact Herbie was there to back up as soon as he was moved to the FB spot is also telling.

I also think Kev needs to go on a course or something to learn proper use of his bench rotation, and of course how to use the HIA to his best advantage. The whole team's collective footy IQ is also sadly way below average and I'm beginning to think our brains trust (Kev, Matterson and Cartwright) are not up to the task of improving this.

Having said that, it's impossible to polish a turd and even throwing glitter on it will only suffice for a limited period.

Isaako needs rested, and on the showing of Cobbo last night I would more inclined to give him a few more games before deciding whther to send him back to ISC for a rest or whther to let him stay there and leave turnCoates to drop chip kicks and come off his wing in reggies. I think Cobbo at least gives us something coming off our own line.

I looked at the score at half time & thought, we have a chance of winning. Looked at the score at 11pm & thought WTF.
That half time score line was thanks to isaako. It changed the game.

What shits me the most about last night was the fact we put 24 points on the Dragons with consummate ease.
Yes it was seriously easy to score on those pricks, just need some effort in defence

What shits me the most about last night was the fact we put 24 points on the Dragons with consummate ease.

This side just doesn't want to put in the hard yards in defence. They just can't be bothered. That's the problem. Laziness is infecting this squad like a virus, and the sources need to be rooted out. Milford is certainly one, but there are definitely others that need to follow him out.

Isaako, Glenn and Flegler are all the prime targets at the moment, especially Isaako. Most of the clangers we saw from him last night you can put right down to a lack of urgency and indifference.

Last year after 2 rounds we were on fire. Covid hit, we came back & we were shit.

WTF happened in that 6 week break.

A fish always rots from the head. Kev needs to set an example and drop Glenn, we instantly saw the difference Robati made when he came on.

I have no love for Turpin (as either a player or leader) so I wouldn't be bothered if the captaincy went to Kelly instead. He's probably our most experienced player and at least he puts in 110%.

I think the rest of the team respects him. I can't speak for his communication skills but he at least leads by example.

Why the hell wasn't anyone running off of Lodge, he had the ball carrying arm free almost every hitup....

In the 13min or so that Herbie was FB the one thing I did notice was how much he was backing up through the middle.

I don't know if that was the direction he was given or that is just his natural game but I loved every second of it and hope we see it again.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • marw
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Gaz
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.