Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

Turned it off with 16mins to go. After not bothering with the second half last week. This is new, I have finished watching every game I have started watching, in my living memory. I usually watch a couple games each week but I haven't since magic round.

I'm done with the stupid mistakes from our overpaid pretenders. I'm done with the rampant one-sided officiating. I'm done with Vlandysball. After the high of my first live game (v Titans) in many many years, something has switched off in my head tonight. Honestly I think I'm done. I am too emotionally invested for my own good and as someone who has fought with depression and anxiety, I'm feeling triggers so I gotta distance myself for a bit. Nights like tonight literally have me shitty for days and it's just not worth it. For me, it IS just a game, after all.

Some of these guys on our team need a real good sports psych. Idk what the club is doing in that space but since 2015 we have been weak mentally, and new players coming in have seemed to pick up on it. It's become a trend and it has got to stop.

Anyway. Didn't mean to make this about me. **** the NRL for ruining something I have dearly loved for 30 fucking years. I think that's what upsets me the most.
I hear ya Liitle Davey ,the misses wants me to stop watching them as well, she says I'm getting too drunk and angry . Seems like swopping out the SSRI's for alcohol is what loving the Broncos can do to you.!!! We have to just keep the faith and Viva la 'Kevolution .

A fish always rots from the head. Kev needs to set an example and drop Glenn, we instantly saw the difference Robati made when he came on.

I have no love for Turpin (as either a player or leader) so I wouldn't be bothered if the captaincy went to Kelly instead. He's probably our most experienced player and at least he puts in 110%.

I think the rest of the team respects him. I can't speak for his communication skills but he at least leads by example.

Making Kelly captain is actually a really good idea. He certainly can't do a worse job than Glenn does at least.

Isaako - 6 runs for 55 metres (Lodge was looking for a runner all night, so those stats are just unforgiveable)
Arthars - 6 runs for 45 metres
Turpin - 2 runs for 16 metres (I reckon 15 of those were on the first try to Mead, he just offers us nothing from the 9)
Glenn (c) - 6 runs for 33 metres (This isn't a one off by any means)
Asiata - 9 runs for 50 metres

There are out issues right there. We get nothing from our fullback and nothing from three of our 6 starting forwards.

Are you taking the piss? he had the same amount of hit ups as lodge last night (as a second rower) and bent the line on most of his runs (most post contact metres from the forwards) His effort this year has been outstanding and is one of the last players this forum should be crucifying.
I have got to admit, TPJ didn’t have a lot of impact last night.

He wasn’t terrible, but I did expect more from him. Seemed off the pace a bit.

We need someone like Blair, who is prepared to do the 1% shit that no one in this side likes to do. Might not get big numbers but is always covering on the inside or cleaning up someone else's **** up.

Yet to see any improvement in our defence from last year despite having far less injuries and the competition being far worse. I have no faith in Kevvie to make changes.
We defend well at the start of games. Last year we didn't defend well at all. With the ball we look like we have a clue and score plenty of points this year, last year we didn't look like we had a clue. There's plenty of improvements from a coaching perspective. The errors, rule changes and head dropping and giving up because it's too hard is where we are going wrong.

We defend well at the start of games. Last year we didn't defend well at all. With the ball we look like we have a clue and score plenty of points this year, last year we didn't look like we had a clue. There's plenty of improvements from a coaching perspective. The errors, rule changes and head dropping and giving up because it's too hard is where we are going wrong.

i still find it hard to get a read on the coaching at the moment. There’s game plans that have been executed that show that good tactics are being planned for - v Panthers, v Roosters, as examples. But the there is also how shit the team looks most the time.

I just can’t blame Kev that Isaako let that Dufty try happen, or Turpin and Isaako play the ball errors. It just seems like total incompetence from some of the players, in areas they shouldn’t need coaching in. TPJ’s no lock offload on our 30m line that lead to a try last week. The list is endless.

I thought one of big turning points of the match was later in the first half when Turpin did a bad play the ball after a promising passage of play.

We had them on the ropes at that point and they were struggling. From that moment they re-grouped and got the upper hand for the rest of the half.

I think if we kept the foot on the throat for another 10 mins at that stage, we go in to half time with a decent lead.
They should have done the Captain Challenge. Turpin would have received a penalty.

Whilst we had one in the bin we received a penalty. The camera was on Alex. I watched closely as I wanted to see him doing or saying something to tell the team to slow it down. Take a heap of time to kick the ball out...

Nothing, he didn't say anything, no hand gestures, nothing.

Sums up our leadership.
We are not allowed to use slowing tactics anywhere or at any time. I've been told this by all and sundry.

We are not allowed to use slowing tactics anywhere or at any time. I've been told this by all and sundry.
I wonder what exactly are the rules regarding how long you can take to play the ball. It would be funny to watch a team screech the game to a halt while a player is in the bin. Fake cramps, multiple HIA checks, meaningless field goals.

I don't care what we've been told, we should have slowed the game down. Get penalised, whatever at least we showed (tried) some gamesmanship for once.

They should have done the Captain Challenge. Turpin would have received a penalty.
I don't think we would have. Turpin just fucked up trying to play it too quick.

He has to sort out his running, he breaks tackles, he offloads but I think his running game needs to develop. He has the best half in the ISC in Scarlett they should organise something. If he unlocks that he will go up another level.

His defence is strong too. Wynnum are playing so well and their defence so well organised.

His hole running making space, he offloads he breaks tackles but I don't feel like he goes too far.

He has a great half but I don't think Wynnum have utilised it. TC needs to build a relationship with Scarlett and cash in on his work.

Piakura is the same, he had his best game, running when Gamble got on his side. Scored two tries in 20 minutes with beautiful running.

I just think this year TC has done a lot of good things, but his running game is something that isn't being used. His strength has been offloading and breaking tackles.

TC sorted out his hole running last night that's what he should have been doing since round one.

The brain explosion Isaako made just before half time in not making sure the ball went into touch wasn't just a critical error as a fullback. It was a critical error unacceptable by any first grader who should know that you don't take chances like that even more so when your just about to head into the sheds for half time. I'm a fan of Isaako but it's more then apparent he just isn't cut out as a fullback which demands more then just being an athlete. IMO he either plays on the wing or not at all.

And I'll be fair he isn't alone, Flegler, Turpin and Glenn really aren't justifying a spot in first grade either.

And if Lodge goes we sure as hell better have someone of quality lined up as replacement. But then this is the present day Broncos, we probably will go with Flegler. :brickwall:

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.