vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted for tonites loss, but dammn they played well.

With Fifi in the mix next week, the boys will rev up again. Confident we can smash em in the forwards, with the same spine we can score as much as they do.
Broncos for the W!

They should definitely sack Seibold this week. It’d be less embarrassing than getting flogged by a team coached by Wayne Bennett. We’d also take some ammunition away from the media too.

Gutted for tonites loss, but dammn they played well.

With Fifi in the mix next week, the boys will rev up again. Confident we can smash em in the forwards, with the same spine we can score as much as they do.
Broncos for the W!
Going to have to score 50 to win though.

Assuming no suspensions and Fifita / Arthars are available..

1. Boyd
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Arthars
5. Coates
6. Paix
7. Dearden
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Milford
15. Bullemor
16. Ofahengaue
17. Te'o

I think Milford on the bench is a great option with this spine composition. When Turpin needs a spell, you simply move Paix to Hooker for 20-25 minutes and give Milford some time at Five-Eighth to try and actually make himself useful.

Sucks for Kennar to be dropped after a decent performance, but if we're building for the future we're much better off playing Herbie in his preferred position and seeing what we've got with Arthars (who was actually playing really well at left centre in the trials).

So we’re 100% sure paix won’t be good in the halves?
haven't seen him play it lol, for me I want to see SoS have another shot, last year before he got busted he was showing some real promise and he would be a perfect 6 in my mind, has alot of Ad lib in his game that we really need.

Last edited:
Really the only changes that should be made is Fifita, Arthars and Lodge coming back into the side if all are available.

Maybe Paix for Luke, but we really need to manage his workload.

People need to give up this idea of Paix playing in the halves. He's being turned into a hooker. He's not going to be playing 6. And changing the spine again, not really ideal.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Richie Kennar
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Thomas Flegler
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. David Fifita
12. Tevita Pangai Jr
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Issac Luke
15. Rhys Kennedy
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Ben Te'o

18. Cory Paix
19. Ethan Bullemor
20. Brodie Croft
21. Jesse Arthars

I don't expect too much in the way of changes. Seibs will milk the return of Fifita for everything it's worth to take the focus away from other aspects of the team. I don't see too many late changes either. Milford may 'succumb' to his hamstring injury and give the Dearden/Croft combination an opportunity and/or Arthars may come in pushing Farnworth to the wing and Kennar out of the team. Otherwise, I believe Seibs will show some faith in the majority of the team and will stick by them for nearly getting the job done the other night.

The same could be said of the Raiders game. Outside of maybe Matt Lodge, I can't see anyone outside of that 21 coming in for that game. I suspect any major changes will be saved for that Round 15 home clash against the Dragons.

If I was Seibs, I'd have Riki pencilled in for that Round 15 clash against St. George Illawarra Dragons. Wait until you get back in Brisbane to blood the kid and give him that 15 minute spell before the dying stages. Depending on who's available, that maybe the type of game you give Flegler or Ofahengaue a week off.

I can see the narrative shifting and all eyes being on Fifita. Especially on here, if Fifita doesn't have one of his big heroic runs in him, fans are going to crucify him and call for his head. Every missed tackle is going to be picked apart and analaysed like a piece of art and people are going to start question his hunger, heart, passion or whatever buzzword that pertains to attitude.

Fair play too, but it's just another distraction heading into these final two months.

Last edited:
1. Darius Boyd
2. Richie Kennar
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Thomas Flegler
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. David Fifita
12. Tevita Pangai Jr
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Issac Luke
15. Rhys Kennedy
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Ben Te'o

18. Cory Paix
19. Ethan Bullemor
20. Brodie Croft
21. Jesse Arthars

I don't expect too much in the way of changes. Seibs will milk the return of Fifita for everything it's worth to take the focus away from other aspects of the team. I don't see too many late changes either. Milford may 'succumb' to his hamstring injury and give the Dearden/Croft combination an opportunity and/or Arthars may come in pushing Farnworth to the wing and Kennar out of the team. Otherwise, I believe Seibs will show some faith in the majority of the team and will stick by them for nearly getting the job done the other night.

The same could be said of the Raiders game. Outside of maybe Matt Lodge, I can't see anyone outside of that 21 coming in for that game. I suspect any major changes will be saved for that Round 15 home clash against the Dragons.

If I was Seibs, I'd have Riki pencilled in for that Round 15 clash against St. George Illawarra Dragons. Wait until you get back in Brisbane to blood the kid and give him that 15 minute spell before the dying stages. Depending on who's available, that maybe the type of game you give Flegler or Ofahengaue a week off.

I can see the narrative shifting and all eyes being on Fifita. Especially on here, if Fifita doesn't have one of his big heroic runs in him, fans are going to crucify him and call for his head. Every missed tackle is going to be picked apart and analaysed like a piece of art and people are going to start question his hunger, heart, passion or whatever buzzword that pertains to attitude.

Fair play too, but it's just another distraction heading into these final two months.

But that shows foresight. It will be knee jerk reaction followed by knee jerk reaction and players will be dropped, shifted or held on to based on whatever the coach’s whim is that week.

trying to work out which winger exactly this week we can blame for our latest defeat...?

Hang on, Kennar, you scored a few tries i see....

Yeh see....clearly too intent on doing your job their son, you clealry arent giving your all defensively...

Off you go...

A) did you watch tonight?
B) have you watched Croft play all year?
I'm neutral on Croft - and not sure he's any better - but Miford had everything to prove last night and he turned in a below average performance for a playmaker. Wasn't his worst by a long shot - and he had his hand in some moments - but we can all see his best is behind him. Time to let him go. No point in wasting any more time on him. Our season is over now. This is about next year.

We need to make a judgement on Croft next, and if it transpires he's part of the problem, we need to move him on too.

Darius, on the other hand, outed himself as having been passively aggressively sabotaging the team since Seibold turned up. WTF was that all about?

Last edited:
Like a kid does with a chocolate Christmas calendar where they count down the days to Christmas and unveil a daily chocolate, I am doing the Broncos 2020 version of counting down the weeks until this fucking season is over for good. Except instead of unveiling a chocolate after each game, it is a bottle of whisky.

Literally the only silver lining is we are going through this during an asterisk season.

I thought Milf was decent tonight. His kicking game wasn't ideal but given those two shanked dropouts it's hard to know how much of it was his hamstring giving him grief. Certainly Croft would be a downgrade.
I thought Milford had a barely average game bolstered by a massive surge in energy provided by Turpin, Dearden and Boyd (whatever the **** that was about). He managed to be middleman in a few attacking chains for a change, but he wasn't really an instigator or accelerator.

The only way Croft would be a downgrade is if he literally gets in the way, misses tackles, drops the ball, fails to find touch or generally stinks up the atmosphere. Now would be a good time to figure that out before we invest in him for another season.
[automerge]1596238998[/automerge]
I think Milford on the bench is a great option with this spine composition. When Turpin needs a spell, you simply move Paix to Hooker for 20-25 minutes and give Milford some time at Five-Eighth to try and actually make himself useful.
I think the same for Croft. Give Milford a spell for a while, and decide if either of them is worth persevering with in the long run. I think we all know the answer already.

Season is done now. All that's left is for Piehole to try to save his job, and for the team to try combinations for 2021.

Last edited:
0.1% chance Siebs will be sacked. He’ll be here til Xmas boys

I think I have to agree with the view that we shouldn't waste the remaining games playing Fifita. I absolutely have no issue with him taking the money and in fact I'd have promoted that decision to him had he asked me before he'd decided. It's a great opportunity for testing and gaining experience.

I would give my inexperienced 2021 players game time, all of the available ones that is. I wouldn't drop Boyd in his final games but Milford, Haas, and TPJ would only play half at most of the remaining games. I don't see the point if the seson is over but of course this will not happen. The remainder of the year is all about Fat Tony and his future and he will desperately hope for some wins and avoiding the wooden spoon will be his priority.

0.1% chance Siebs will be sacked. He’ll be here til Xmas boys
Almost certainly. And he's come out today and declared he won't quit either. They'll have to sack him and pay him out. Probably the smartest play he's come up with to date.

Almost certainly. And he's come out today and declared he won't quit either. They'll have to sack him and pay him out. Probably the smartest play he's come up with to date.

would you quit your dream job ... even if your performances weren't up to expectations

would you quit your dream job ... even if your performances weren't up to expectations
Exactly. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by quitting. And his argument that it would be bad for team morale for him to give up on them is a good play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.