Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Here's my final ladder. I like to think I was actually pretty harsh (realistic) when it comes to us, I gave us wins only against our fellow QLD teams and maybe the Dragons, the rest are all losses.

View attachment 9088

Such a terrible year for QLD Rugby League. The post-dynasty hangover is really taking its toll. Also another Melbourne minor premiership makes me sick too.

if your final ladder is correct, then IMO it also shows Bennett has gone on at least a year too long

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
People need to give up this idea of Paix playing in the halves. He's being turned into a hooker. He's not going to be playing 6. And changing the spine again, not really ideal.

But why? If Turpin is the future at nine (barring a miracle that brings Grant to Brisbane), I don't see the point in converting another bloody half to be a bench hooker, if there's a chance he has the talent to start in his preferred position.

Everything should be on the table at this point. We currently have gaping holes at five-eighth and fullback, and we should be looking at every option. I'm not saying Paix should be thrown in to the halves this weekend, but he should definitely be a consideration moving forward.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
No. Nononononono. We do NOT want some nothing 8th placed finish this year. This squad needs to understand the utter failure this season has been (despite being disrupted by COVID....but not really, because they're in the Broncos system and have had it fucking easy compared to say the Warriors). Sneaking into the finals only to be bungled out week 1 leads to attitudes that got us to where we are now. Plus it probably saves Seibold which is also undesirable.
You know, I think you are safe. If not making the eight is a thing to hope for, then at least one forum member will have a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow instead of the stinking dung heap of broken dreams the rest of us wallow in.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 13, 2017
Anyone know how long lodge is out for?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
If Reynolds is passed fit, we are fucked.

Cook hasn't been at his best this year, and Walker has been quiet up until last week. Mitchell was absolutely terrible early on but is starting to chime in with whatever fitness he does have. I can see them all combining for one of those games Bennett does get his team up for.

Cronulla were very conservative in attack and still managed to score 36 points.. I don't think the Broncos have reached this crest that Seiplod thinks they have.

Last edited:
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
The Broncos haven't won in Sydney in over a year. That drought isn't about to end. Bennett will have his boys fired up and he'll be keen to sink the boot in to the dude that took his job and who has totally fucked the organization he spent 30 years helping to build. Souths by plenty.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It's darkest timeline stuff this week dudes. A starving Bennett tucking in his bib and picking up his sharpest, most gleaming cutlery, sitting down at a groaning table for a feast of revenge with all the delicious trimmings. An apaeritif of their recent form, an entree of ours. A salad of in-form attacking options against clueless defense, a main course of succulent points served rare and bloody. Cheese platter: sharp and bitter memories evened out by a soft and creamy nil-against scoreline with a half-smirking press conference for dessert. To finish, a most excellent coffee brewed from the sweat of Anthony Siebold.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would love nothing more than getting our second victory over Bennett this year, in the process potentially knocking Rabbits out of the 8 (should Manly beat the Warriors)

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Good news fellas, I made a mistake. We can still make the Eight. All we have to do is win every game from now on, and have a few results go in our favour. Here's our run home:

Souths
Canberra
St George
Sydney
Panthers
Titans
Eels
Cowboys

Too easy:

View attachment 9085

So you want seibs to get a 3 year extension?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Has Pies had the balls to drop anyone? Every change I can think of since he has been here has been forced through injury.

Any improvement the team makes, any (extremely limited) victory they have is in spite of him not because of him. He literally offers this team a negative input. Keeping him around any longer is detrimental to the team, the fans and the purse strings (in the short term and long term).

Coaches have been sacked for 10% of his incompetence even this season.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Any improvement the team makes, any (extremely limited) victory they have is in spite of him not because of him. He literally offers this team a negative input. Keeping him around any longer is detrimental to the team, the fans and the purse strings (in the short term and long term).

Coaches have been sacked for 10% of his incompetence even this season.
Agreed but it's the incompetence that keeps him in the job. The incompetence of the board. Sacking him is a stark admission of incompetence. The endless failure is severely testing the boards resolve and like an over inflated balloon, the next scratch will break the skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Huge
  • davidp
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • maddo
  • Broncs1459
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • animal eater
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.