Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Agreed but it's the incompetence that keeps him in the job. The incompetence of the board. Sacking him is a stark admission of incompetence. The endless failure is severely testing the boards resolve and like an over inflated balloon, the next scratch will break the skin.

Yep, the coach is a symptom of a deeper virus. The board is the super spreader and everything else at the club is infected.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Yep, the coach is a symptom of a deeper virus. The board is the super spreader and everything else at the club is infected.
Maybe it’s even higher up ....the ownership 🤔

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Can't see anything else but a Broncos win quite honestly.
Even a broken clock tells the time right twice a day, so eventually you'll likely end up being right one week.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
The 'good' news about this game, is that the Dogs play the Storm this week, so at least we avoid bottom for another week.
My heart says that's a good thing, my head isn't so sure.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brace yourself for a week of Seibold vs Bennett manufactured drama. Here's Ben Ikin kicking it off:

“For Seibold and Bennett, no matter what happened before this week, they are intent on winning this one for very specific reasons. “There is just more emotion involved against your old club, against the coach whose job you took, and it does sharpen your focus.’’

“The master and the apprentice tends to be a throwaway line but, in this case, it really does describe it. Seibold is learning his trade. Bennett is a master coach. Seibold has a lot of knowledge. Bennett is very knowing. It is the difference between theory and wisdom."

“At one point Bennett was where Seibold is now. They are very different. Wayne has a very simple core philosophy and has a great self-discipline about making sure his team can focus and deliver on those things."

“Anthony seems to have a million different theories. It does, at times, show in their performances. They are struggling to embrace it. So Anthony is still testing those theories. I doubt whether Wayne would ever had such a complex view on rugby league as Anthony has. Wayne has this ability to strip things back to what works by just clearing out the mind.”

McHunt

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
If we can stop them from scoring above 20 points, then we're in with a chance. Averaging 30+ points conceded per game is downright disgusting.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The main problem as I see it is our stamina, list, culture, fitness, skill, belief, combinations, gameplans, morale, cohesion, pride, players, coaches, admins and handling. If we can just avoid playing the last 80 minutes of the game we could come away with a draw.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The main problem as I see it (for this game) is our poor edge defence, especially Coates with his Isaako-esque tendency to come in off his wing, eyes fixated on the opposing centre or whoever is on the inside of the man he is supposed to mark. As I keep saying, this is on Seibold to fix. Our shitty wing (and edge) defence has leaked at least 2+ tries every match we have played. Bennett will have Walker and Reynolds primed to exploit this and exploit it they will.

As far as the rest of our game is concerned, we have been steadily improving every game and I expect that to continue. If it does, then I can see us easily matching Souths in the middle, and if Fifita plays, we have some real strike power now available especially with Staggs being lethal on the edge.

My other concern is whether Seibold brings Croft back in. While I like Croft despite the groans and moans in the background, he needs to sit this one out after last week's effort. Dearden did more than enough to justify selection for this game.

Seibold now needs to stick with this spine and let it evolve although I do prefer Paix to Luke which won't happen. Oh well.

If Dearden is in the team, Broncos by 6 assuming Coates and whoever is on the other wing STAY THERE IN DEFENCE, and our entire edge defence starts COMMUNICATING. If not the Bunnies by an awful lot.

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
The main problem as I see it (for this game) is our poor edge defence, especially Coates with his Isaako-esque tendency to come in off his wing, eyes fixated on the opposing centre or whoever is on the inside of the man he is supposed to mark. As I keep saying, this is on Seibold to fix. Our shitty wing (and edge) defence has leaked at least 2+ tries every match we have played. Bennett will have Walker and Reynolds primed to exploit this and exploit it they will.

As far as the rest of our game is concerned, we have been steadily improving every game and I expect that to continue. If it does, then I can see us easily matching Souths in the middle, and if Fifita plays, we have some real strike power now available especially with Staggs being lethal on the edge.

My other concern is whether Seibold brings Croft back in. While I like Croft despite the groans and moans in the background, he needs to sit this one out after last week's effort. Dearden did more than enough to justify selection for this game.

Seibold now needs to stick with this spine and let it evolve although I do prefer Paix to Luke which won't happen. Oh well.

If Dearden is in the team, Broncos by 6 assuming Coates and whoever is on the other wing STAY THERE IN DEFENCE, and our entire edge defence starts COMMUNICATING. If not the Bunnies by an awful lot.

Agree except Paix needs to be in the team. My preference is at the expense of Milly but if it's Luki then so be it but Milly better show he deserves his spot.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
The main problem as I see it is our stamina, list, culture, fitness, skill, belief, combinations, gameplans, morale, cohesion, pride, players, coaches, admins and handling. If we can just avoid playing the last 80 minutes of the game we could come away with a draw.
Pure gold = 😂
Fact that it’s all true = 😞

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
in the last quarter of games this year, we have conceded 130 points

in the same time period we have scored........12

............yeh

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Pies coaching method "hey Coatsy pal, best mate, honest to goodness all time great winger. Do you think that maybe you can try and stay on your wing matey for some parts of the game. I mean you are one of my besties and I know you want to protect Staggsy and help the teamy out in defence, but maybe you should think about some of the time you stay on the wing even if we are not on the attack. Does that make any sense Coatsy me old muckery, me old matey? If not just stick to what you're doing as it's really only the end of sets we need to fix up and you are the best at catching the thingy when old mate kicks it. Are you interested in playing second row BTW?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It continues with Tom Burgess:

“Wayne will probably take it on himself to make a bit of a thing about it. But it is what it is. We’ve played them already this year, and we have to put our best foot forward to try and get a bit of a roll on this season.”

“I wouldn’t say that I feel sorry for Seibold – it is his job and he is handling it the way he is - he has just got to get on with it. It’s the business we are in – you win and lose – and I think he has handled himself well. He has just got to keep going with it. I wish him all the best. I always got along well with Seibs. But I wouldn’t say I feel sorry for him because that would indicate that he needs my support, but I think he can’t lose faith.”

“There is no denying that they (Brisbane) have got a great team. I think they have just struggled with confidence, but that is something that can be brought back pretty easily with the mindset. There is not a chance that we will be taking them lightly. They beat us in round 2 up there.”

“Adam Reynolds is looking a bit stiff, but I think it is a similar thing to what I had the week before,” he said. He should be all right. Nerves can be funny things that can take a few days, weeks or months to heal. He has just got to make sure that he is getting the physio, and I think the rest over the past three days has been good for him.”

Junior Tatola:

“Seibs took a chance on myself when I had nowhere else to go to, so I’m always going to be grateful and really appreciate what he did to get me here to Souths. But on Friday night that won’t be on my mind. “That night (in round 2) when Brisbane played us up there, they blew us off the park. It is hard to see their team not going that well, but I believe they are a good team when they are on.”

McHunt

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

............yeh

And I reckon most of them conceded down the turnstiles we call our wings

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

............yeh
"The Seiplod guarantee"

Even if you are in a position to win, the Broncos will lose, or your money back.

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
And I reckon most of them conceded down the turnstiles we call our wings

For nearly two seasons now. Isaako did the same all last year. Surely someone at the club can work this out and fix it. That includes when the master organiser was at the back.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Staggs effuses about the time he had a real coach:

“Being a young kid wanting to play for the Broncos, to be coached by Wayne was a dream come true. I had an opportunity to come up to top grade and play under him, I was stoked. I was lost for words. I was grateful for the opportunity to be coached by him.”

And is excited about Titans MVP Fifita returning:

“We all know what Davey can do. He just goes out there and he has a lot of aggression about him so he just goes out there to play well. Davey’s a young player and all the boys want to play alongside him, myself as well. He’s going to lift the team up this week. Everyone’s excited to have him back in the team.”

Haas, too

“It’s good to have him (Fifita) back this week. He trained with us last week and trained the house down. It’s good to have him back this week and gives us a lot of confidence.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.