vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy that. Conspicuous and deliberate are two very, very different words. Seibold's failings as a coach are conspicuous; would you say they are deliberate? Continually picking a player who was obviously struggling last year was one of many very obvious flaws. Do you think he was ?

I get that you don't buy that. I certainly won't try to sell you a used car. Especially a Chrysler Seibold .. sorry, Seibring.

Conspicuously deliberate. The failure is deliberate as I opined, and conspicuously so when observed on the field.

As for buying and selling, I don't buy that a "player" was "obviously struggling last year". On that analysis, virtually every player is, and has been "struggling". Struggling with what? Their dislike of their coach? Or is "a player" immune from legitimate criticism (as opposed to being name called, ridiculed or attacked personally. I'm surprised he wasn't called "fat"?

As for him "purposely trying to do a poor job" I suggest that not trying to do the absolute best you can is the same, and that's what see is what happened last year, and this year, until he got his way last week.

As for the "failings" of the coach, why don't you extend the same level of sympathy to him when he has clearly been struggling? Instead, he is lambasted mercilessly, fat shamed, insulted, name called, and ridiculed.

Seibold is struggling, and it shows. Personally, I am cutting him some slack for the many reasons I have posted on here, not least of which are he is expected unrealistically to perform miracles after 18 months when other coaches of successful sides took years to restore failing teams.

In any case, maybe it's best we simply agree to disagree.

I'm very, very confident of a win tonight. This is the most confident i have felt about us all year. Fifita and Lodge back, we cant lose.

I'm very, very confident of a win tonight. This is the most confident i have felt about us all year. Fifita and Lodge back, we cant lose.

I agree, but then on the other hand, our team is endlessly creative in finding ways to lose. So fingers crossed. Broncos by 10

I get that you don't buy that. I certainly won't try to sell you a used car. Especially a Chrysler Seibold .. sorry, Seibring.

Conspicuously deliberate. The failure is deliberate as I opined, and conspicuously so when observed on the field.

As for buying and selling, I don't buy that a "player" was "obviously struggling last year". On that analysis, virtually every player is, and has been "struggling". Struggling with what? Their dislike of their coach? Or is "a player" immune from legitimate criticism (as opposed to being name called, ridiculed or attacked personally. I'm surprised he wasn't called "fat"?

As for him "purposely trying to do a poor job" I suggest that not trying to do the absolute best you can is the same, and that's what see is what happened last year, and this year, until he got his way last week.

As for the "failings" of the coach, why don't you extend the same level of sympathy to him when he has clearly been struggling? Instead, he is lambasted mercilessly, fat shamed, insulted, name called, and ridiculed.

Seibold is struggling, and it shows. Personally, I am cutting him some slack for the many reasons I have posted on here, not least of which are he is expected unrealistically to perform miracles after 18 months when other coaches of successful sides took years to restore failing teams.

I really just dont believe any of our players, even Boyd or Milf deliberately dont try. Their team mates just wouldnt tolerate it and thats the biggest indicator for me that it hasnt happened here. Our issue i believe is a lot of the group are unhappy, down on confidence and out of form. On top of that, we have a coach who is badly out of his depth, cant handle the pressure and has no solutions to fix up our problems. Its a recipe for disaster.

@Staff can we do something about this please

@Wolfie deserves a medal. For bravery, wit and relentless optimism.
[automerge]1596783198[/automerge]
I really just dont believe any of our players, even Boyd or Milf deliberately dont try. Their team mates just wouldnt tolerate it and thats the biggest indicator for me that it hasnt happened here. Our issue i believe is a lot of the group are unhappy, down on confidence and out of form. On top of that, we have a coach who is badly out of his depth, cant handle the pressure and has no solutions to fix up our problems. Its a recipe for disaster.

As I posted elsewhere here, I reckon that not trying your guts out is the same as deliberately not trying in the context I was posting my thoughts.

Last edited:
People keep talking about Dipshits methods, what are his stupid methods?
No tactical kick and chase to create field position and pressure,
No game plan to attack consistently what is assessed as the opposition's weakness,
Not pressuring and trying to shut down the opposition's playmakers,
No sustained line speed in defence,
Telling the forwards not to run hard lines but instead run around like they are all little wingers,
Not supporting the ball carrier,
Make sure there is no leadership,

There are a few things that have not changed in the game over the last 100 years that are the basics to build on to work towards winning.
Run hard, tackle hard, and a smart kicking game, this team is not even doing these things.

So what are his methods?

I thought struggling was a fairly commonly used expression meaning a player was not doing well. Players aren't immune from legitimate criticism, if you wanted to say for example Boyd was shithouse last year I doubt you'd find much opposition. But to claim instead that not only were players not playing well but they were doing so deliberately because they disliked the coach is a huge claim, certainly not one I'd make lightly or without overwhelming evidence to support it.

Re: cutting Seibold some slack, he didn't need to perform miracles. We had a good team in 2018, all he had to do was find a slot for guys like Haas, Fifita, Staggs, Turpin, Dearden to come in. Instead he managed to dynamite the squad and take a top 4 team to multiple record losses. If he hadn't failed so spectacularly there would be no need to restore anything, now he's turned Brisbane into an absolute laughing stock that an actual coach will need to rebuild.

But again, assuming for the sake of argument what you're saying is true and Milford and Boyd were deliberately and conspicuously failing on the field to undermine the coach. Why has it taken 18 months for Seibold to do something which, with all due respect to you, anonymous randoms on an internet board can see? Does Boyd force Seibold to mismanage the bench every game?

I get you're trying to stand up for a bloke who's regularly ridiculed as a silly fat wanker who couldn't find his arse with both hands, a torch, and the illustrated guide to arse-finding but trying to shunt the blame onto a few players for "deliberately" playing poorly just rings hollow.

I have my hopes up for tonights game. I'm not looking foward to the likely dissapointment.

@Staff can we do something about this please
I'll allow it, if we keep losing Seibold gets fired sooner.

Broncos to win by 31 is my tip tonight.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Broncs 40+ and seibold post match dance

if you're going to have a dig at Seibs ... you shouldn't be choosing one of the things he has actually gotten right since becoming coach.
Just shows he’s not really open to criticism by his players. One of them took exception to being called out on doing something he was apparently told to do by the coach, called him out so he got sacked

Just shows he’s not really open to criticism by his players. One of them took exception to being called out on doing something he was apparently told to do by the coach, called him out so he got sacked

what a load of crap ...

a player who was not performing and not putting in immediately runs to management to whinge and demand a release ... is not criticism ... and is certainly not a player that should be representing this club

Criticising someone in front of their peers for doing what they were told to do as per their understanding is poor management, no two ways about it. Regardless of whether you liked Roberts or wanted him gone it's just another thing in the long, long list of things Seibold has gotten wrong.

Apparently Broncos have been hit with sanctions, update at half time of current game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • westy316
  • Old Mate
  • LGH
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wild Horse
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Midean
  • Bish
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.