PRE-GAME [Round 14, 2022] Broncos vs Raiders

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Raiders may be without Papali and Wighton.

Broncos will not lose this one.

Any chance Riki or Flegler are suspended ?

Riki and Flegler don't have a clean history, so there will be loading involved. I think it's unlikely they will be playing.

Very possible we won't have Reynolds either. He could be out for a couple of games after the bye. Minor hamstring strains can take a month to recover from.

I don’t think you get a 19 year old kid to back up. I think whoever is on the bench might back up too but not sure who that will be.
Best time to get him to back up, when he is young. Teach him early about being a rep player. But, hopefully he doesn't play game 1.
I think what Kevvie will look to instil in them is that the great broncos players do back up.

In the past broncos have been absolutely decimated by origin, but you can't just use origin as an excuse to take 6 weeks off... you're also required and have a responsibility to back up for your team.

The key thing with the message is that Kevvie himself as an origin player backed up... Alfie backed up... Locky backed up.

He's only asking them to do what he's already done as a player.

I think all of them would back up and then it's Kevvie's job to get them through the game.

Someone like Cobbo might get a break, because he is going to be slogging it out as a winger against a fast moving NSW defensive line.

Pat as well if he's given the 13... but if Pat and/or Flegs are on the bench, then they can back up.

Staggs in the centres can back up... Capewell being a seasoned vet and leader of the team should also be putting his hand up to play. You can have TC on the bench as 2nd row cover if needed.
Staggs and Capewell are 2 of our more injury prone players, definitely don't want them backing up. Same could be said with Patty, but it would depend on what minutes he gets.
Riki and Flegler don't have a clean history, so there will be loading involved. I think it's unlikely they will be playing.

Very possible we won't have Reynolds either. He could be out for a couple of games after the bye. Minor hamstring strains can take a month to recover from.
Isn't Reynolds already running? As in it was a very minor hammy injury.

I feel like there is no way Flegler gets time... Even with loading his was completely accidental, not malicious, and not dangerous.

Tino's foot got in an awkward spot, it's footy. They're big humans going fast.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Riki get a week.

I have a bad feeling we might be missing Capes and Riki for this game, and our defensive structure is a bit out of whack. Might be seeing TC & Piakura

It's gonna be tough, there's no doubt about that. The Raiders are rarely affected by Origin so they are walking into a gift basically. No Cobbo, no Staggs, no Capewell, no Haas all guaranteed plus the others that are likely to be missing. We will need to be ON and on hard. Baby Broncos stuff.
I don't think we are that badly affected. Our entire spine will still be playing, if Reynolds plays and we actually have good depth

Staggs' backflip during the post-game celebrations was a ripper and confirms he's 100% confident in his knee. I'm not sure I want to see it every time we win though.

I'd love to see the big fella who was standing right next to him at the time seriously consider sacking his manager and also doing a backflip.

Both Riki and Fleglar would be free to play. Only copped fines with early pleas. Games in a Saturday night so there may be a chance a couple back up. I wouldn’t be risking Carrigan but depending on how the others pull up I’d like to see them play.

Both Riki and Fleglar would be free to play. Only copped fines with early pleas. Games in a Saturday night so there may be a chance a couple back up. I wouldn’t be risking Carrigan but depending on how the others pull up I’d like to see them play.
Of all the players selected for origin Patty is the most likely of the group to demand he be allowed to back up.

I don’t think that is wise coming off two knee injuries. He is very important to us at the moment
I'm with you, but youthful exuberance dictates he wants to show his alpha male side. I don't blame if he backs himself either. Winners always back themselves and know when to hang fire.

I would be watching the Raiders parra game carefully, Canberra seem to have hit a bit of form and if it doesn't extinguish in this game we will be in trouble given how many players we have that will need to back up.

That said the good thing is our spine will be fresh and we should have Rey(hopefully).

I would be watching the Raiders parra game carefully, Canberra seem to have hit a bit of form and if it doesn't extinguish in this game we will be in trouble given how many players we have that will need to back up.

That said the good thing is our spine will be fresh and we should have Rey(hopefully).
I don't think raiders will be much chance in the eels game, they have rushed Fogarty back from an injury and he won't be ready. Plus Schneider was going really well. Stupid decision to bring Fogarty straight back in

Charges:

Flegler gets a fine with an early plea:

Jordan Riki (Broncos)Grade 1 Dangerous ContactTBC$1000-$1500 fine
Thomas Flegler (Broncos)Grade 1 Dangerous ContactTBC$3000 fine-2 match ban

I think what Kevvie will look to instil in them is that the great broncos players do back up.

In the past broncos have been absolutely decimated by origin, but you can't just use origin as an excuse to take 6 weeks off... you're also required and have a responsibility to back up for your team.

The key thing with the message is that Kevvie himself as an origin player backed up... Alfie backed up... Locky backed up.

He's only asking them to do what he's already done as a player.

I think all of them would back up and then it's Kevvie's job to get them through the game.

Someone like Cobbo might get a break, because he is going to be slogging it out as a winger against a fast moving NSW defensive line.

Pat as well if he's given the 13... but if Pat and/or Flegs are on the bench, then they can back up.

Staggs in the centres can back up... Capewell being a seasoned vet and leader of the team should also be putting his hand up to play. You can have TC on the bench as 2nd row cover if needed.
Agreed, I think Staggs and Capewell should back up and if he makes it Flagler as well cause he probably won’t have huge minutes.

I'm guessing if picked, Cobbo, Flegs, Patty and Staggs won't back up and Haas may not be at the club anyway. So IF that's that case, it might be something like:

1. TMM
2. Oates
3. Hoeter
4. Farnworth
5. Pereira
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds/Mam
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Robati
16. Kennedy
17. Piakura
ORIGIN benchies usually don't see a lot of game time, Carrigan might only see 15-20 minutes. Same goes for Flegler, might be easy backing up.

ORIGIN benchies usually don't see a lot of game time, Carrigan might only see 15-20 minutes. Same goes for Flegler, might be easy backing up.
Yeah anyone who benches I think should back up but I think Carrigan will either start at lock or prop and Flegler backs up if he plays without a doubt barring injury concern of course.

Staggs' backflip during the post-game celebrations was a ripper and confirms he's 100% confident in his knee. I'm not sure I want to see it every time we win though.

I'd love to see the big fella who was standing right next to him at the time seriously consider sacking his manager and also doing a backflip.
Backflip with boots on while the floor was also wet. Kid is crazy lol

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.