PRE-GAME Round 14 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I'm happy we don't have Hunt, he isn't worth over a million a season if we actually paid him that we would be much worse then we are now.

I just wished we bounced on Ponga before the Knights did.

I don’t think the doors shut on Izzy at all - Beattie certainly wasn’t an emphatic no here.
Disgraced Israel Folau ‘met with Brisbane Broncos’ in bid to resurrect his career
16/7/10 Round 19 NRL action between the Gold Coast Titans and the Brisbane Broncos from Skilled Park Robina. Israel Folau. Pics Adam Head
16/7/10 Round 19 NRL action between the Gold Coast Titans and the Brisbane Broncos from Skilled Park Robina. Israel Folau. Pics Adam Head
Israel Folau has reportedly met with the Brisbane Broncos in a bid to resurrect his career.
The disgraced code-hopper was sacked by Rugby Australia over posts made on social media.
Folau, who began his career in league before moving to the AFL and then rugby union is attempting to fight his sacking in the courts.
Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >
But according to Triple M, the former Wallaby met with the Broncos at their training base.
“You know who was having a meeting at the Broncos last week?” asked Ben Dobbin on Triple M.
“In the coffee shop at the Broncos, Israel Folau was having a meeting with the management of the Brisbane Broncos last week on Origin Wednesday.”
MATTY JOHNS PODCAST — Freddy Fittler’s Blues are feeling the pinch after a loss in Origin I and Matty, Finchy and Kenty give their take on what needs to happen next plus some classic Mario Fenech tales. Download Australia’s No. 1 podcast.
ON YOUR PHONE? CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

The Broncos were Folau’s last NRL club before he switched codes.
Earlier today, the 30-year-old was spotted in Melbourne where he played for the Storm at the beginning of his career.
Any move to play in the NRL again would have to undergo serious scrutiny.
ARL Comission chairman Peter Beattie recently reiterated the NRL’s stance that Folau was not welcome.
“Our position on Israel Folau remains the same,” Beattie told AAP.
“We are an inclusive game with respect for all. Israel has social media posts online that go against what our game stands for.
“As it stands, he will not be considered for registration. What Israel chooses to do in relation to his social media posts and his faith is a matter for him.”

[QUOTE="Huge, post: 3044153,
I'm a shit judge!
[/QUOTE]

Is that something you do professionally, or just a hobby?

No
There are no good Sims
Don’t be fooled by Tariq

He’s only good against his brother.

Even the female Sims aren’t immune. Ruan had some all-time Sims efforts last season

Those were the days when we had hunt and Folau in the side.
We could have again if some people weren’t so precious.
Honestly karmiachel hunt will always be the biggest "what if" for the club I think. When he left the game, he had actually achieved everything. Played NRL, origin and for Australia, won titles, origin and games with Australia.

Such a talented guy.

Honestly karmiachel hunt will always be the biggest "what if" for the club I think. When he left the game, he had actually achieved everything. Played NRL, origin and for Australia, won titles, origin and games with Australia.

Such a talented guy.

Loves his coke as well

It annoys me how harsh the punishment has been for players recently for recreational drugs. Meanwhile Gallen and half the sharks team take peptides to knowingly cheat and they get an extended off season...

It makes about as much sense as having the grand final at the scg in 2020 & 2021 but that’s the nrl for you.

It annoys me how harsh the punishment has been for players recently for recreational drugs. Meanwhile Gallen and half the sharks team take peptides to knowingly cheat and they get an extended off season...
It has always been like that tho, in most sports. I remember watching an interview with a sprinter from USA who got suspended for marijuana around the Sydney Olympics. He said it is the least performance enhancing drug but he got punished same/more than others who use steroids etc...

Last edited:
If Macca plays more than 30 minutes this game we will lose.

I have really bad memories when it comes to Eels games. They just always find that extra gear when they play us, in the past it was Haynes game of the season, then it became Norman's game of the season and now l fear it may be Moses having his game of the season against us.

Worst memory is when we got last minute corporate box tickets in the Hook era and we were playing the Eels at Suncorp. Eels on a massive losing streak deadlast wooden spoon certainties, Broncos on a winning streak and boooom we get blown off the park. Never been back to a corporate box.

Last edited:
I have really bad memories when it comes to Eels games. They just always find that extra gear when they play us, in the past it was Haynes game of the season, then it became Norman's game of the season and now l fear it may be Moses having his game of the season against us.

Worst memory is when we got last minute corporate box tickets in the Hook era and we were playing the Eels at Suncorp. Eels on a massive losing streak deadlast wooden spoon certainties, Broncos on a winning streak and boooom we get blown off the park. Never been back to a corporate box.

I was also at that game. As a Broncos fan living in Townsville it is a rarity to be in Brisbane when we are playing at Suncorp so got to head along with my wife after Splendour in the Grass one year. What a joy that was.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.